No counter play
Things that have no counter play and should be changed:
Insta-Heals of any kind
Keys
Ebony Mori (But really any mori)
Legion's Power (Thanks to BHVR for deleting legion btw)
Father's Glasses (Spirit) (Maybe let spirit be susceptible to light burn with the addon equiped while phase walking)
MoM when up against killers like wraith (MoM is fine against M2 killers tho)
Lightburning the Wraith (Poor wraith)
Anything else you can think of?
Comments
Fathers glasses is bugged af. It doesn't work properly rn.
Literally everything on this list has counterplay...
Explain the counterplays, I think it's gonna be a funny one lol
This is a good old fashion case of “list of things I can’t adapt to and want them deleted as a result.”
BTW, all credibility you had went out the window when you said “Thanks to BHVR for deleting Legion BTW.”
Just goes to show that these are opinions and not non-counterables really.
The only things in this game that aren’t counterable, are metal of man, and gen rushing. That’s it. Legion would count if he wasn’t being nerfed to the ground.
Franklin’s demise counters insta-heals and keys are hard to find if dropped. These are the only ones with counterplay. (I haven’t faced fathers glasses yet so I can’t say if it does or doesn’t).
I'll agree on Ebony Moris and MoM. I have about 6900 Ebonys on each killer because I think they're BS. MoM is just bad design. Not playing half the roster just to counter a perk is asinine. Father's Glasses straight up doesn't work on the swamp maps FYI. Unless I'm blind.
Sweet daddy Ace! How many?!?!
@DarkWo1f997 eh. Even genrush has SOME counterplay even if it isn't quite enough.
I guess that's really what it comes down to, most things have counterplay that is simply impractical to execute or requires specific Killers/Perks.
The specific example of using Franklin's demise to counter items is fine since you would know about the items while you are choosing your perks. But otherwise it isn't practical to use perks to fix problematic strategy's. I'm talking about things like Spirit Furry or Bamboozle and Unbreakable or No Mither. Or hangmans trick, distortion ect.
Exactly lol.
Killer: I camp you because you brought in an item.
Survivor: Franklin's?
Killer: Waste of a perk slot.
Survivor: ?
Literally the only game I know that punishes you for playing well from both sides.
NO COUNTERPLAY = something's inevitable regardless of circumstances.
Insta-Heals of any kind: Instahatchets, T3 Myers, Bubba, Billy, Instabottles, traps, noed, make your choice, haunted ground, devoured hope.
Keys: Killing survivors before the hatch spawns and/or Franklin's demise.
Ebony Mori (But really any mori): Not getting caught twice.
Legion's Power: Every speed exhaustion perk in the game hard (150%) counters frenzy (132%) without any effort and Legion sees no scratch marks so there's that.
Father's Glasses: No mither+iron will.
MoM: Hatchets, Nurse, chainsaws, traps etc.
Lightburning the Wraith: Uncloaking behind objects or uncloaking while moving left and right.
Thats fair.
Though for the fathers glasses, no mither is a perk that almost no one runs, and otherwise there really isnt a way to run from the spirit if she has this addon.
The instaheal counters are killer specific, rely on survivors' actions (haunted grounds), and make your choice applies on unhooks and thus isnt really a counter to insta heals. The other stuff you listed are fair points.
Mori: Don't get caught twice is a fair counter point
Keys: Franklin's demise is a fair point, but having to kill all 4 survivors before they even do 2 gens implies that the killer is substantially better than the survivor team and thus should not even be matched up with that team.
MoM: thats why i specified M1 only killers like the wraith
Lightburning: ok yeah that is very true and i am mistaken.
Plague also counter's insta heals, for obvious reasons.
But she give you one
@DarkGGhost the plague givith and the plague takith away
Am I the only survivor that can go against Legion?
Y'all act like he's the Sm4sh Bayonetta of DbD, even though he has many exploitable flaws.
Granite, I also play Legion, so I may be used to his flaws and know how to counter him... But that's by the by for a Freddy Tier killer. (I hate admitting that, but he aint that good.)