Which killer's license would be the most unaffordable ever?
I would go for Terminator or Alien or Predator, and you?
inb4 Jason does not count, has a lawsuit on Trapper's plagiarism
I would go for Terminator or Alien or Predator, and you?
inb4 Jason does not count, has a lawsuit on Trapper's plagiarism
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Terminator, alien or predator wont be in the game since there arent humans now terminator its just a robot not human it wont happend since the lore tells killers that were humans became killers
You say Terminator, but BHVR has already used Terminator in Deathgarden!
Hannibal Lecter.
I might say Alien since it’s now Disney but idk I feel like Alien is negotiable.
Maybe licenses are not THAT much expensive after all
It's probably not unaffordable, but I just realized there's a new Child's Play movie coming out. They could get some of that movie tie-in action right now.
I am not an expert but I am pretty sure star war characters are expensive af. There are potential candidates to be a killer but still, they don't fit that much into this game imo.
People like @Kilmeran can answer this thread much better.
@Delfador My experience with working in Star Wars licenses is from when Lucas still owned it all, pre-Disney purchase.
At that time, the licensing fee was a minimum of $1 million, and could easily be more depending on your industry and what products you were licensing for.
From there, the royalty percentage was a non-negotiable 50% of gross sales.
Now, of course, if you did license Star Wars, you were basically getting into a license that printed its own money, but you had better have had the entrance fee money to start with and be able to absorb that and production, manufacturing, and distribution costs to start.
I don't know what Disney is asking for in regards to Star Wars, but I can tell you from other experience that any Disney owned property is very expensive to license. They are typically on par with where Lucas used to be as far as costs and royalties. Disney is also extremely selective in who licenses their I.P., regardless of the I.P.
As far as Alien and Predator, we would have to wait and see what the post-buyout structure looks like. If Fox is kept as a separate company under the Disney umbrella like Marvel is, then the Fox division will handle licensing for something like Alien and Predator. If it's folded into Disney itself like the Lucas companies were, then it's straight Disney for licensing and that's a tough ballgame.
As far as Child's Play, that's Universal, which is owned by Comcast. I don't have any experience dealing with them for licenses.
woah you are certainly into the movies industry
@BACKSTABBER Quick summary, just so some of my experience is understood in the context of some of my posts (i.e., not a flex).
I've been an author for 25 years. That's what I am at my core, and where I finally returned to as of 2019.
Along the road of my career, though, I've worked in the table-top RPG, collectible card game, comic book, and video game industries. Sometimes on licensed products, and sometimes where I helped negotiate the licenses. I owned my own publishing company until I let it go in 2018 so I could return to my full-time fiction career. Technically, it's still there. I just ceased publishing in the game industry.
I also worked in television in the 1990s (Highlander: The Series), and have worked as a Script Doctor for various screenplays for studios. In the early 2000s, I had two screenplays optioned by Sony via my agent at the time, though they ultimately never went into production. One of them, I was told at the time, even had Sam Raimi interested (this was when he was attached to Sony for the Spider-Man films).
so cool, so you know then that the satanic illuminati control the entertainment industry
Welp weres john connor xd
Terminators have feelings too
only from series T850 and above
I don't even know what to say anymore but have an awesome anyway.