Franklin’s only has power if you allow it.
Franklin’s has no power over me as a survivor because I don’t play with items and add ons, and if I did I literally couldn’t care less about them. They’re completely disposable to me.
Unless I am trying to get the Where Did They Go? achievement and then that would literally be the only time I would be sad. Any other situation, nah.
Comments
I mean items are a major part of the game. I like to bring in Toolboxes most often.
Personally I use plunderer's a lot because I have bad luck with bloodwebs. I get so many pink and purple items with it.
I don’t bring items usually so I tend to open chests for them, but I tend to not use them and hoard them up on escapes like a dragon tbh.
I'm confused about what prompted this topic. Did someone complain about Franklin's? It can be annoying as a survivor in certain situations but as a killer you have to dedicate a valuable perk slot to use it, so I don't think it's too strong. I used to get really attached to my items and get frustrated when dying or losing them to Franklin's. I learned to get over it.
There is a counter if someone REALLY wants to keep their item. Jump into a locker. It's a sacrifice that I've made back when BNPs were stronger.
Are you honestly surprised that someone would complain about franklin’s? Or anything for that matter?
Franklin's is a reactive perk, and the opportunity cost for running it is pretty large. It's a slot you're not using for chase power, map control or information gathering. Besides, it's not like the item is destroyed when you knock it out, the survivor can find it again if they really want to. I think it's only worth running if you see something like 4 toolboxes on the same team, especially considering you need to knock the item down early, otherwise the damage will already have been done.
No, but I have faced a lot of Leatherfaces with it and it just got me thinking. I also know a lot of survivors tend to be very protective of their items.
You guys don't get it. Franklin's demise is the strongest perk in the game. Not because of what it does or anything; it's all about sending the message.
YA AIN'T CLICKIN' THAT FLASHLIGHT ON ME GURL *snaps fingers* UH-UH
When there's 4 items, I use it to create me a secondary objective. The surviviors want their items, so they waste time looking for it. When you look at it in a different way, it's very good for delaying the game.
I like to use Franklins on trapper or hag because then i can set traps on the items survivors drop. Bloody coil and Tar bottle help the trapper ones, Shackles helps the hags. Its funny how often they get triggered just because someone wants their item back. If they didn't care about the items then that gimmick wouldn't work at all.
This is not far off from saying "NOED is bad because I always die before the gens are complete".
Okay. But when you don't, and you shouldn't, it's not.
I rarely use items either but that doesn't mean Franklin's doesn't hurt whenever I do have them.
I use franklin's on killers that survivor's would hate trying to pick it back up against. some survivor's even actually do the drop animation in fear of damaging their item, and its just a free hit.
I actually love those games of "can't touch the item" it's so funny when the killers like "No, it's mine now" every time you try to sneak in and reclaim your item 😂