I feel like Coté stepped out
I haven’t watched the recent dev streams, but when I did, Mathew was usually in them. During those times, it seemed like the killers were getting the right amount of power, but now it feels like Coté gave up and handed everything over. New nerfs and changes that don’t really benefit the killer they’re meant for. It all just seems like survior buffs now :/
Comments
@RotBb I don't know. Behavior is working on a new project with Lionsgate, maybe his time is being split between that and DbD if he's involved on that end as well.
(Paragraph 5 mentions the new project: https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/how-dead-by-daylight-broke-the-rules-for-ash-vs-evil-dead-1203179786/)
*coté comes back from meeting*:
*dead by daylight*: yeah ######### legion
*coté*: wait hold on
What survivor buffs?
I don't think killers need any more buffs...
They don’t, they need to stop getting nerfed
@CornChip all the new changes feel like survivor buffs because, overall, they’re killer nerfs
@Kilmeran I dunno if it's a "new" project completely or more of a new killer they are working with Lionsgate on and calling it a project.
Rumors are the new killer is going to be Ghostface.. I thought I saw it on Reddit why but the thread seems to be missing now... or I'm going crazy. The franchise is making some announcement on May 28th....
@Jesya Well, if it is, my 9-year-old will be happy. He's a horror fan and messes around in DbD when he's not in Overwatch with his friends. He absolutely loves Ghostface.
@kilmeran Found it.... take it with a grain of salt b/c well it's reddit... but it does fit. It's still fun to speculate and hope it's true.
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/bdm582/safe_to_say_ghostface_is_on_his_way_to_dbd/
@Kilmeran I loved Ghostface and the scream movies i loved all the characters as well primarily Dewey, rumor has it the guy was liked so much by audiences that he Wes Craven (RIP) decided to keep him alive.
Although, it's pretty obvious that if we did get GhostFace it is obvious that Sydney Prescott would be the survivor.
@Detective_Jonathan I never personally cared much for Scream, though I am not adverse to having Ghostface in DbD, just makes sense at this point (but, goddamnit, I still want the Tall Man and Reggie Bannister from Phantasm). But as I said, if it does turn out to be true, I will have one ecstatic 9-year-old horror fan in my house that also plays DbD.
That boy would be so thrilled.
He has this app on my tablet from Stickbots that lets him make stop-motion videos. He made one the other day with his SAW figures that included a survivor, a generator, and a locker. It was hilarious. Especially when he made the Amanda/Pig figure rip the poor survivor figure out of the locker.
Then he used his Funkos to do a Freddy vs Jason vs Myers video.
@Jesya Thanks for the link. If true, I know it will make many DbD fans very happy.