When Legion Becomes A Powerhouse, I Expect To See ZERO Complaint Threads About It.

I get that the Legion changes are controversial. To most, they're balancing changes with a few tweaks needed, but to QUITE A FEW others, they seem to be the end of the world. Rendering Legion a useless sack of flour in a wheel-less wheelchair.

So, in a few weeks when this hits live, I don't want to see a single thread complaining that Legion is "too op" or "impossible to play against".

We hear the community (even if it turns out to be untrue, like every other reaction pre release) saying Legion will be useless. So don't come back crying about how hard it is to face them if (when) you're proven horribly wrong.

Comments

  • I am glad these changes are happening and i hope they make it live, now it would be all the more funny when i fake a window tech and he tries to stab but misses. Taking a whole stun in the process.

  • @Kiskashi said:

    @StarMoral The thing I don't get is if they fixed the deep wounds timer thing with this and legion can't do any more damage/timer etc with multiple frenzy attacks anymore then why such a heavy penalty for missing your first attack? What if you're trying to chain? Missed one, too bad, have to wait for a full bar recharge etc. I'm going to reserve full judgement until after I see how it plays in game but being a console pleb I just have to hope changes from PTB feedback reflect console issues which is unlikely in some cases stated above.

    I'm okay with a lot of the changes, but the three I can't wrap my head around is

    ·Canceling Frenzy on Missed Attacks

    It's, again, a 180° from the original. Uncharacteristic even. While I personally think it's meant to nerf the Lunge Dash, this is the WORST way to do so.

    ·Legion can't see the DW timer

    How the hell is he suposed to know when the Survivor is close to losing DW or not? This is basically ENCOURAGING tunneling.

    ·Legion can't reduce the timer with Frenzy

    If you get stabbed multiple times, you're going to get weaker and weaker each hit. The only thing I would think to justofy this change is if they made the timer go down faster with each DW applied.

  • @Kiskashi said:

    @powerbats Do you play console or PC, this may help as to why I think it's a bit much, I play console, it is much much less smooth, even with recent updates (that made everything look like mud), hence what may seem like "oh you just play bad, have a penalty" turns into "wow I love *nonexistent* console optimisation" plus it's longer than a normal killer missed attack... plus I didn't say your changes were a bad change I just mean all of what I have said towards the devs proposed mechanic

    PC but I also proposed a change to how the missed attack would work which would punish the frenzy spam garbage but not the 1 missed swing. We've yet to see the addon changes and exactly how long the new frenzy will be.

  • @powerbats I did like your suggestion, however if they just did 2 missed swing and cancel I would accept that as fair, even if there was a little extra recovery between speed of swings, cancelling the full power on one miss was what I found a little harsh given the potential possibilities on console.

  • You expect it?

    That's some high expectations.

  • @StarMoral

    I agree with the cancel and the timer being strange changes however I don't miss the 3rd one, I was sick of multistab legions as a survivor, feral frenzy to me is a tracking/pain spreading power not a downing power like billy, I was a wound uninjured with deep wound, target everyone if possible then 110% mindgame with M&A for initial surprises kind of legion. The timer not going down in TR + the larger TR seems a little strange though, in theory it's good for encouraging legion to move to the next surv but if the timer is super long to go down and the mending is 15s it's a waste of a power besides the initial hit, I would prefer if they just made the timer go down faster when out of your terror radius to compensate or addons to do this more effectively, I'm just sick of that timer not actually meaning anything. It's not like pig or plaque where there's at least a penalty for being slow to get rid of it, especially now since they can just mend in your 32m TR without penalty. In all my matches people have collapsed from deep wounds approx 5x and that was just bad survivors, there's no active threat to the power/timer.

  • @LCGaster said:

    I just want the "Miss attack, lose Frenzy" thing to go.

    The rest I can live with.

    Not gonna happend cuz legion have a huge boost of speed while doing a lunge

  • Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the Legion.

1 2 ›