New, Hints, Tips?
Hi, I am totally new to the game and I feel I am failing to catch on to some of the 'In Game Lingo'. I am not sure if there are any links or just general info anyone might be able to provide??
I am having fun but want to be able to communicate where it sort of lacks. Haha
Comments
This kind of helps? I hope this was what you were looking for https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/9152/dbd-slang-lingo-guide-wip
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/54880/give-tips-survivors-and-killers-might-not-know
this thread may help you as well
Thank you so much! Glancing at them this should for sure help out! : )
here is another one that'll help out
The most important things you need to know
You should switch between killer and survivor to get a good idea what things look like to the killer and survivor.
Running and performing an action at the same time will usually result in rushed actions which will alert your location to the killer.
Always try to help your teammates.
Dont try to escape from a hook yourself ( it's a 4% chance to do so, and it speeds up the death process by alot ).
Learn the status effects! it's important to know them, as it might save your skin.
Also you should experience the perks for yourself first than get other opinions on it. Some "bad" perks might just suit your play style.
Just like the above comment, play both because killer can teach you have to play survivor better and vice versa. I learned that way later when I started playing killer after playing a year of survivor and realized how predictable survivors due to me playing survivor so much
Thanks for all the tips! Really helps out, I notice a lot of like body ish language? But I dont understand what the other players want me to do? I am sure I will figure out in time, but I am so new to this kind of game I feel bad. I usually stick to single player games or co-oping with friends. So this is just a whole new world for me!
USUALLY people flailing on hook means the killer is nearby.
Some people think it means come get me now. But the majority is using it as a warning.
Also dont take the salty people seriously. They're just mad at something else.
Gl in the fog!
<3
Welcome to the forum btw :)
Hello firstly welcome to the game!
It's easy to get caught up in the lingo but I really hope you spend some time playing survivor and killer trying out different ones and forming a good overall view of the game. Finding out for yourself how you feel about the game is the most important thing its all about learning and trust me the reading section on the tutorial may help more.
Also tons of fantastic people here that will give you help and advice when needed
Above all have fun welcome aboard ๐ท
Two tips :
Pointing means either "Go over there" or "definitely don't go over there".
Wiggling on the hook means either "Come and rescue me" or "Definitely don't come and rescue me".
Glad I could clear a couple of things up for you. ๐
@ChuManaMaka So you need knowledge eh? Let's get this party started!
Map Tips:
Both current indoor maps: The Game, and Lery's Memorial Institute have exit signs above the doorways of rooms near and connecting to the exit gates. If you get lost on these maps, follow the signs. (Additionally, from what I can tell the exit gates on the Game always seem to spawn across from each other for some reason.)
Both Backwater Swamp Maps have "Crow Bombs" if you are playing on one of these maps and hear an entire murder of crows take flight then it means one of three things:
In terms of killer strength, most killers are the most dangerous on their home turf.
Important Map notes:
All realms have opaque "Jungle Gym" or loop structure walls except for Coldwind Farm which has see-through walls, for some reason.
Moving through grass or corn makes noise so be careful moving near the killer.
Crows can caw and give away your position by flying away and by flying back.
Survivor Tips:
When starting a trial try to reach the center of the map and repair the center generator first. Doing this makes it harder for the killer to patrol the rest of generators as now they are all spread out and going through the middle just wastes time.
When searching for a generator look for the tall light posts with flickering lights. If you are on an indoor map, look for flickering wall and ceiling lights as those are signs of a yellow generator (indoor variant of the red generator) being nearby.
When performing Repair, Sabotage, or Healing actions keep an ear out for a distinct ring noise. That noise tells you that a skillcheck is coming so you can focus.
When you hear the terror radius (heartbeat) use your camera to peek around corners without the killer knowing.
Recommended Starting Perks:
Spine Chill - Is a excellent perk that tells you when the killer is staring directly at your location. It will give you a clear indication of when it is a good time to run.
Kindred - If you are getting hooked a lot this perk is for you! Kindred shows your allies each other's auras and the killer's aura if they are within a radius of the hook. Using this perk increases the odds that your allies will try to save you and save you when the killer is not nearby.
Plunderer's Instinct - Since you're new there's going to be a massive grind for Bloodpoints to progress your characters. Plunderers's let's you get some value out of your game's sooner by increasing the odds that you get better items from chests. Plus, since you'll be barred from teachable perks early on, being able to get better Medkits and Broken Keys (with The Eroded Token or Gold Token Add-on equipped) will give you access to Pseudo Self-care and Pseudo Bond.
Dark Sense - This perk will show you where the killer is after you finish a generator and will show you where the killer is after the last generator is finished. This information tells you how to escape:
Killer Tips:
When starting a trial try to focus on defending generators over chasing survivors. If the gates never open then the survivors never leave (and then you get them).
Don't be afraid to abandon chases, some players like to smurf or de-pip just to harass newer players. You will meet survivors that are master loopers early and often. So, if you see one of these players, simply ignore them and focus on the other survivors who are likely closer to your skill level. As a general rule, if it takes you over 40 seconds to get a single hit on them then they're above your skill level.
Practice with your killer's power. Each power generally does SOMETHING to help in a chase. The more comfortable you are with a killer's power the better off you'll be as that killer.
Don't let the negative feedback get to you unless it's constructive. Folks will try to bully you into playing their way by complaining if you camped (stayed near a hook or objective for a while) or tunneled (prioritized killing off one survivor over the others). Play how you want to but be open to positive feedback.
Recommended Perks:
Bitter Murmur - This perk tells shows you where survivors are after a generator is completed and after the exit gates are powered. Use this to guide you early on if you have a hard time keeping track of what's going on.
Whispers - The perk lights up when you're near a survivor and shuts off when you aren't. Use this perk to try to always be pressuring someone.
Sloppy Butcher - This perk causes all survivors hit by your standard attack to become Mangled which is a fancy way of saying they'll heal slower. This perk can slow down the game some which as a novice killer you'll need to do if you want to win. It also makes survivors bleed more frequently which makes it easier to track them as an added bonus.
No One Escapes Death - As a novice killer it's very likely that all of the generators will be repaired and survivors will still be kicking. This perk (provided a dull totem remains on the map) gives you double damage with your melee weapon letting you instantly down survivors with a successful melee hit. This perk is a crutch, however you won't have access to Hex: Ruin or BBQ and Chili, or even Enduring when you first start off so anything goes.
I know that this is a lot, but I hope it helps! Good luck in the fog!
Wow you all have been so wonderful and helpful! Thank you Thank you!! I was a little worried to reach out at first cause I know how some trolls can be, I am so glad I did anyway!
I have played a few matches as both killer and survivor! I guess some killers survivors dont like very much and instantly dc? ^^;
Regardless I am having fun so far! I hope i get better and better! Thank you again for all the wonderful support everyone!!