Xbox One X Version (Is this for real?)
I should preface this by saying I played on PC for over 1100 hours on a 970 (medium range card) and it was was of my favourite games that I would play everyday running at a nice 60-70fps on ultra settings and it looked really nice. Then I decided to sell my PC and move to the xbox one X...all of my games look incredible in 4k some at 60fps and then I saw dead by daylight in the store so I bought it excited to get back into DBD. I can't recall ever being so immediately disappointed in all my life.
The game appears to be running at 140p and looks like absolute pure garbage but that I could forgive for a buttery 60fps...... but not only does it look horrible it runs even worse! mostly below 30fps on most maps with most characters and sometimes stuttering down to the teens! so bad in fact that I havent touched the game for 5 days because I honestly feel completely ripped off and frustrated. I can't believe this horrific port is allowed to exist and cost money. I like the dev team and watch the stream most weeks and I can only hope your doing something to 'enhance' this disgrace of a port. Its a wonder the game hasnt been pulled from the store for overwhelming negative reviews. The xbox one x should be able to run this game at ultra- high settings full resolution at 60fps but for whatever reason and to the great determent of your reputation you've allowed this embarrassment to exist for this length of time. I'm sorry to be rude but this port has frustrated me to no end..... such a shame. If it doesn't get 'enhanced' soon I'm done with this game on xbox one x because for a competitive game it's beyond unplayable. Plz tell me this game will be getting enhancements with the next patch otherwise I'm out.
P.s to any console players that havent played on PC before you may not understand what I'm railing about but I promise you, you have been absolutely ######### on with this port... this is completely unacceptable and you should be outraged at what you've been served here for your money especially on the one x and ps4 pro! my heart goes out to the regular xbox and ps4 players I can only imagine how horrific your game runs.
Comments
Yeah they really need to focus on console players and release a full optimisation patch.
YES! 100% agree!
I play with my PS4 pro and a majority of my games experience really bad FPS, it's so annoying especially with Hex Skill Checks.
Same on Xbox. Tracking survivors through the corn at the farm with the crappy fps is just miserable.
Yeah it's super depressing to see it in this state so long after it released on console. Especially if you've seen what it can be on PC and then coming to this garbage version it's just frustrating. There's no excuse for it and now it makes me not want to get the new chapter which I was looking forward to cuz it's just gonna run like dogshit so whats the point
and it never gets mentioned on streams so who knows if they've even started on an 'enhanced' patch it could be months off. Super annoying
IDK if you played on a normal Xbox One, but the game definitely runs better on the X than the original. It still has serious problems though.
The biggest issue on Xbox is the constant crashing. I have an X with an external 4TB HDD with faster speeds than the internal. No other game crashes nearly as much, it's several times a day at this point. Huntress hatchet throws are seriously bugged and cause the game to hitch when throwing. Fog + corn can really slow your game down. They really need to work on the game's stability, especially for consoles.
"We are aware" - Every DbD dev since console launch
They said they would fix it on the launch of the console versions but it would come at a price of degrading the graphics. It’s been almost a year now and still nothing. Plus why would you need to degrade the graphics when battlefield runs at a smooth 60 FPS for a 60 GB game with beautiful graphics on a Xbox while DBD is 13GB and cant even run 20 FPS on potatoe mode.
Yeah I just moved from playing on PS4 pro to PC and OMG the difference is amazing. Console version really needs some TLC
Just for reference the pc version on ultra 60fps looks and plays like a real game and the xbox and ps4 versions play like your having your eye balls tattooed while someone jams cocktail sticks into your pee hole. It's a mild difference but one thats worth pointing out considering they charge the same amount for both experiences. There ain't a chance in hell I'm paying for any of their dlc on xbox till they get the seemingly one dude at behaviour who works on the console version part time to stop playing fortnite and get some bloody work done.
I fell off my chair. gg :'D
And you weren't being harsh. A couple of maps run a bit better, but killer is a chore and will make your eyes bleed.
I play on the PS4-Pro and feel like even when I get hit with Franklin's I drop frames really bad... don't even get me started with what getting hit with a hatchet with add-ons does to my game >:(
I hope with the money they make from the cosmetic store from console users, they can have a team work on an optimization patch, heck I'd even take dedicated servers which would also help a ton and stop pairing me with people in other countries but its a long shot.
I played Tomb Raider on it. It looks amazing and it runs smoothly. The same goes for online games like smite, PoE, Overwatch.
But this game...
I main Nurse, which is already pretty hard, but combination of a corn map + a mist offering is an overkill. ~20-25 FPS
I hope they will do something about it.
This post deserves a bump. I hope someone on the dev team sees this.
On old ps4 games runs horribly too, 20-30 fps and when any effects happen you get a lag.
Also my favourite is the results screen runs at 10 fps for some reason.
It is a shame tough I just tried the game and really like it, too bad about performance.
Very strange that you would sell your PC and move to console. Not a wise decision in my view.
That said, your critique of the console version is absolutely correct. DBD is positively abhorrent on console. And I should know, I have 1000 hours on console. I later moved to PC.
I don't want to be rude, but the devs really should be ashamed of themselves considering how bad the game is on console.
Bumping this post again because this is actually ridiculous. Pay attention to your entire fanbase, devs!
I was just complaining about how crap this game was on the one X to my brother who plays on PC. I bought the game after watching him play it on PC for a couple hours. The lag is horrible and it's not my connection I tested it and none of my other games play like that. I pulled someone off a Gen got the animation for snatching them then saw them running away injured. Bloodlust and notifications lags and makes you lose chase or miss an attack. Getting 360'd is beyond frustrating in a chase. The frame rates are awful.
Well, I have PS4 slim and there aren’t any problems.
If you think FPS is bad on PS4 or Xbox, ohoho, just you wait.
FPS isn't the only thing.
I don't have too much problem with fps, i definitely get drops, but its not too often. Not to say people dont get that, but the fact that we cant get customizable graphics settings is kinda crappy. Console players have really been neglected.