How's the Red Ranks right now?

I'm typically a Rank One seasonal returner..(both kill n surv) which says a lot of what I do with my life lol! but I've taken a step back and really cut down playing this game so much starting 2 months ago and decaying more as time went on. I manage to linger in the soft ranks 6-10 just due to my playtime. (Moving takes up so much time lol)


Not asking whether or not I should waste time going back to Red Ranks, but sometimes it gets annoying having consistent easy matches. Considering all the MoM posts, and how the hard competitve experience is nowhere near comparable from Rank 1s to Rank 8-12. Someone spill the tea on what they're like right now!

Comments

  • Well, since you can really only reach rank 1 as killer, you get diversity. Some good player games, some not so good player games, rank 17s.... I'm sure you've seen posts about the ranking system right?

  • There are no redrank survivors cause the depipping is still in progress.

  • How are the Red Ranks right now? Empty.

    At least for Survivor it is really hard to pip. As Killer it is easier, because the Killer does not need to share anything. But as Survivor you have to hope that there is a semi-competent Killer (=good enough to take down your Teammates, but not good enough to make it difficult for you) and one or two Potatoes in your Team so that they get hooked to give you Unhooks and dont do enough Gens so that you can do them. But they should not be too potato, because then you might lose because of it.

    So yeah... Red Ranks are a wasteland, survivor-wise.

  • I’m still at rank 3 as survivor, I did fall to rank 6 when the change happened but I climbed back up eventually.

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    One word: empty.

    ######### no. It's not empty, it's the emptiest and darkest void. Gave up on playing killer since I take from 40 to 50 mins to find people.

  • @NurseMainBTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/403723#Comment_403723

    ######### no. It's not empty, it's the emptiest and darkest void. Gave up on playing killer since I take from 40 to 50 mins to find people.

    Damn that's insane. Thought my 20 minutes Qs are to long. Feeling bad for you, 20 minutes is already nearly unacceptable but 50 minutes is just straight up unplayable.

  • I'm hanging in there at rank 3. I was rank 2 when I started this evening, but depipped 6 times in a row due to DCs (both survivor and killer) and trash teammates that manage to convert safe unhooks into insta-depips by beelining to the killer half a map away.

    Red ranks aren't empty because it's too hard to pip, but because it is too easy to depip. Whenever I see the names of old red rankers that I recognise, the relief washes over me in an awesome wave.

  • Empty. Except for killers. You can blame emblems for that.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    Empty. Except for killers. You can blame emblems for that.

    bUt RaNk DoEsN't MaTtEr


  • @not_Queef said:

    I'm hanging in there at rank 3. I was rank 2 when I started this evening, but depipped 6 times in a row due to DCs (both survivor and killer) and trash teammates that manage to convert safe unhooks into insta-depips by beelining to the killer half a map away.

    Red ranks aren't empty because it's too hard to pip, but because it is too easy to depip. Whenever I see the names of old red rankers that I recognise, the relief washes over me in an awesome wave.

    That's the problem. Ranking up is harder and that's okay - but still brutal in red ranks. However, de-pipping is still very easy, or even easier after the update for things completely out of your control, like other people DC'ing. I even de-pipped a few times when the killer DC'ed right at the start and that's not supposed to happen.

    So, very few survivors are in the red ranks. Probably most of those won't make the climb back up after reset either, being it is such a pain.

  • I mean that people care about their rank, even if it doesn't matter. Survivors are not playing because the new pipping system screws them over so hard at red ranks. When you play a good game but still don't pip at the end makes you want to just play something else.

  • Same as always, long que times and pretty uninteresting matches

  • I'd imagine all the ones still getting matched with browns and greens are doing pretty well.

    Hex: Matchmaking

  • @Keene_Kills said:

    I'd imagine all the ones still getting matched with browns and greens are doing pretty well.

    Hex: Matchmaking

    Would this Hex root its power in Hope or Despair?