MOM.. Which attack from which killer affect what?

So... There seems to be some issues with how everyone is interrupting the perk.

Can there be some feedback from one of the community managers about this?.. Confirmation that it is working correctly?


So here is my list below... Which special attacks from these killers count towards MOM hits?


Wraith - Normal - Yes

Wraith - Surprise Attack - ?

Trapper - Normal - Yes

Trapper - Survivor Trapped - ?

Hill Billy - Normal - Yes

Hill Billy - Chainsaw - ?

Nurse - Normal - Yes

Nurse - Blink Attack - ?

Huntress - Normal - Yes

Huntress - Hatchet - ?

Hag - Normal - Yes

Hag - Phantasm Attack - ?

Leatherface - Normal - Yes

Leatherface - Chainsaw - ?

Michael Myers - Normal - Yes

Michael Myers - Tier 3 - ?

Legion - Normal - Yes

Legion - Deep Wounds (frenzy or deep cut) - ?

Pig - Normal - Yes

Pig - Dash Attack - ?

Spirit - Normal - Yes

Spirit - Grudge - ?

Plague - Normal - Yes

Plague - Corrupted - ?

Nightmare - Normal - Yes

Nightmare - Dream Chaser - ?

Doctor - Normal - Yes

Doctor - Attack Bonus - ?

Clown - Normal - Yes

Clown - Wasted - ?


I've been given the impression that MOM does not count if the killer hits the survivor with a "special" M1 attack. However some killers are M1 only, but get bonus points if hitting in conjunction with their special power. For example.. Doctor, has a regular m1 attack, but gets a bonus to a m1 attack if hit right after a shock attack.


Can we get a confirmation on which bonus attacks from a killer count towards MOM?


(sorry if I missed a killer, I think I got them all, edit added in clown).

Comments

  • Trapper - Trap - No

    Hill Billy - Chainsaw - No

    Nurse - Blink Attack - No

    Huntress - Hatchet - No

    Hag - Phantasm Attack - No

    Leatherface - Chainsaw - No

    Legion - Frenzy - No

    Pig - Ambush - No

    Spirit - Phase Walk - No

    Plague - Corrupt Purge - No

    The only ones I am not sure are Wraith surprise attack, Freddy dream chaser, and Myers EW3. I'm pretty sure EW3 is a Yes, and I'm pretty sure Doc's shock>attack is a Yes, but I don't know for sure.

    Also these are the attacks that do/do not count towards activating MoM. However once activated, ANY hit that would put you into dying from injured is ignored. I think the only way you can be put into dying when MoM is active is by letting the Deep Wounds timer run out, but again I haven't tested this.

  • Yee... Freddy / Wraith / Doctor have attacks that get a bonus like the Hag... So it shouldn't count.

    Myers on the other hand doesn't get any additional bonus if hitting while in EW3. So not sure if that would ever not count.


  • @TheBean said:

    Yee... Freddy / Wraith / Doctor have attacks that get a bonus like the Hag... So it shouldn't count.

    Myers on the other hand doesn't get any additional bonus if hitting while in EW3. So not sure if that would ever not count.

    It depends whether the game counts the attack during some sort of post-power-state. Like for Nurse blink or Spirit phase walk, there is a post-power-state where they can attack and it's during this time that it counts as using their power and not as a "basic attack". IDK if Wraith/Freddy/Doc have a post-power-state. Wraith probably does. Freddy is a hard maybe. Doc I doubt.

  • Each killer should have a way of hitting without activating a hit on MOM. Otherwise that killer gets a nerf. Since why bother playing them anymore if someone can take in MOM and negate their hits.

    Kind of like how players in the past didn't like small game auras, since it negated the Trapper's traps.


    It would be really weird for the Devs to come out with a perk that would nerf killers like doctor, freddy or myers... But if all the killers are on the same playing field with MOM than taking out survivors using special attacks the whole match shouldn't be a problem. Cause each survivor has to take 3 normal hits and 3 special attack hits, and you'll could as killer, never trigger off MOM and kill survivors on the hook as per normal without really worrying about it.

  • Nurse blink attack not being affected is a bug.

  • Well the "basic attack" clause can also negatively effect killers. Both Infectious Fright and Dark Devotion have the same clause, meaning that they become completely useless on some killers like Nurse. It goes both ways, even though MoM is objectively stronger than IF or DD.

    My rationality is that if you can do an attack and get a BP bonus from it (eg. Wraith's "Surprise Attack") then it's not a "basic attack". That's why I say I think Doc would always activate the clause because I don't think he gets something like that. IDK I don't play Doc, if you can shock someone and hit them then get some BP reward for it being a "special hit" then it shouldn't count.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Trapper - Trap - No

    Hill Billy - Chainsaw - No

    Nurse - Blink Attack - No

    Huntress - Hatchet - No

    Hag - Phantasm Attack - No

    Leatherface - Chainsaw - No

    Legion - Frenzy - No

    Pig - Ambush - No

    Spirit - Phase Walk - No

    Plague - Corrupt Purge - No

    The only ones I am not sure are Wraith surprise attack, Freddy dream chaser, and Myers EW3. I'm pretty sure EW3 is a Yes, and I'm pretty sure Doc's shock>attack is a Yes, but I don't know for sure.

    Also these are the attacks that do/do not count towards activating MoM. However once activated, ANY hit that would put you into dying from injured is ignored. I think the only way you can be put into dying when MoM is active is by letting the Deep Wounds timer run out, but again I haven't tested this.

    @thesuicidefox

    Getting a token towards the perk then yes but the perk doesn’t work against the exposed status.

    E39D8F24-10FE-4FAC-B15B-164EF28BD297.png


  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401075#Comment_401075

    @thesuicidefox

    Getting a token towards the perk then yes but the perk doesn’t work against the exposed status.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/051/FZWPUKNT0C9T.png

    It does if you are injured. I mean, Exposed is moot at that point anyway, but if Myers has EW3 and you have MoM active and you are injured, you can sponge it.

  • @thesuicidefox The Doc gets an attack bonus if he hits a survivor right after a shock attack like the Wratih. The Clown is like this aswell. Once you intoxicate the survivor and hit them, you get a wasted. Both these are their "special" attacks in my view. Freddy also gets a Dream Chaser bonus, if he hits a survivor right after pulling them into the dream world.

    Myers is the only one where the killer doesn't get a bonus for the one shot hit. But like you mentioned it could be just a state thing, where being in EW3 would just not cause hits to count.


    but one of the Devs stated that the Nurse Blink attack counts.. Which means these M1 killers don't have any sort of special attack.


    So that leaves only a couple of killers... Billy and Leatherface who have the ability to one shot and not have their attack count.


    Since PIG's attack is called Dash and is a M1.... Spirit... Hag.. All fall in with no special attacks then. If the Nurse is bugged... Then all these too must be bugged.


    So are the Developers telling us... To use Hill Billy all the time?.... I thought Billy was one of the best killers in the game, right next to Nurse.. Now the Devs state.. Killers should only take Hill Billy? Cause why take the other killers??? In the hopes none of the survivors take MOM?


    What are you trying to tell use BHVR? I'm kind of lost for words at this moment after playing your game for 3 years.

  • They need to pick a side, You can't just pick and choose which special attacks count and which don't...

    Such a badly designed perk.

  • Newest informations I recently picked up:

    A combination of M2 + followed up with M1 counts as a stack for MoM (and also as a trigger to activate). M2 by itself doesn't count.

    It's currently bugged that's why the first case (m2 + followed up m1) doesn't trigger MoM.

    Basically, nearly all killers don't have counter against MoM after it got "fixed"

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    Newest informations I recently picked up:

    A combination of M2 + followed up with M1 counts as a stack for MoM (and also as a trigger to activate). M2 by itself doesn't count.

    It's currently bugged that's why the first case (m2 + followed up m1) doesn't trigger MoM.

    Basically, nearly all killers don't have counter against MoM after it got "fixed"

    Is that the bug??.. Cause we don't seem to be getting any details on it... just the words... "bugged"...

    what actually is bugged?... Just the activation of the perk when the player gets 3 hits?... Or the Blink Attacks not counting towards a hit?


    Cause what I'm seeing as what is being told.. the nurse blink attacks aren't being counted when they should... So is that wrong?

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    Newest informations I recently picked up:

    A combination of M2 + followed up with M1 counts as a stack for MoM (and also as a trigger to activate). M2 by itself doesn't count.

    It's currently bugged that's why the first case (m2 + followed up m1) doesn't trigger MoM.

    Basically, nearly all killers don't have counter against MoM after it got "fixed"

    That's what I'm thinking too, By them saying it's bugged for nurse hits, That makes me think it's intended to be effected by any M1. If that's the case I seriously question the Devs understanding of their own game even more so.

    That or they just want to bend the rules for a killer that counters the perk and are calling it a bug.

  • @TheBean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401223#Comment_401223

    Is that the bug??.. Cause we don't seem to be getting any details on it... just the words... "bugged"...

    what actually is bugged?... Just the activation of the perk when the player gets 3 hits?... Or the Blink Attacks not counting towards a hit?

    Cause what I'm seeing as what is being told.. the nurse blink attacks aren't being counted when they should... So is that wrong?

    Out of logic I would think both, cuz it would be to complicated to separate the requirements for stacks and triggering MoM. Lets see, hopefully they will explain more in detail in a stream asap

  • @DwightsLifeMatters There should be no difference... it all comes down to them programming it properly.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401151#Comment_401151

    It does if you are injured. I mean, Exposed is moot at that point anyway, but if Myers has EW3 and you have MoM active and you are injured, you can sponge it.

    @thesuicidefox

    Lmaoo I think I know why the perk has not been working for me against the exposed status. It’s because I’ve always been in the healthy state and I guess the perk doesn’t work because you need to be injured even if MoM is active.

  • @TheBean said:

    @thesuicidefox The Doc gets an attack bonus if he hits a survivor right after a shock attack like the Wratih. The Clown is like this aswell. Once you intoxicate the survivor and hit them, you get a wasted. Both these are their "special" attacks in my view. Freddy also gets a Dream Chaser bonus, if he hits a survivor right after pulling them into the dream world.

    Myers is the only one where the killer doesn't get a bonus for the one shot hit. But like you mentioned it could be just a state thing, where being in EW3 would just not cause hits to count.

    but one of the Devs stated that the Nurse Blink attack counts.. Which means these M1 killers don't have any sort of special attack.

    So that leaves only a couple of killers... Billy and Leatherface who have the ability to one shot and not have their attack count.

    Since PIG's attack is called Dash and is a M1.... Spirit... Hag.. All fall in with no special attacks then. If the Nurse is bugged... Then all these too must be bugged.

    So are the Developers telling us... To use Hill Billy all the time?.... I thought Billy was one of the best killers in the game, right next to Nurse.. Now the Devs state.. Killers should only take Hill Billy? Cause why take the other killers??? In the hopes none of the survivors take MOM?

    What are you trying to tell use BHVR? I'm kind of lost for words at this moment after playing your game for 3 years.

    @TheBean

    ...

    "So are the Developers telling us... To use Hill Billy all the time?.... I thought Billy was one of the best killers in the game, right next to Nurse.. Now the Devs state.. Killers should only take Hill Billy? Cause why take the other killers??? In the hopes none of the survivors take MOM?


    What are you trying to tell us BHVR? I'm kind of lost for words at this moment after playing your game for 3 years."


    That's what killer are being told by you, Devs and survivors since the Halloween DLC.

    In short, to "adapt and git gud".

    And now that Devs are completely catering to the majority's demands, and that we got to a point where they even promote a multi-second chance perks meta, you finally figured out that it could be maybe problematic ?

    Oh the sweet irony !

    1493232637-bat-rire.png


  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401153#Comment_401153

    @thesuicidefox

    Lmaoo I think I know why the perk has not been working for me against the exposed status. It’s because I’ve always been in the healthy state and I guess the perk doesn’t work because you need to be injured even if MoM is active.

    Yea you can tell when it's going to protect you because you get the Endurance status icon on the sidebar.