Effective ways to use Sabo?

I've had Sabo for a while but I've neglected to use it. Wanting to try some new builds I've been running it but I'm curious if it's effective.

Usually what I do is sabatoge a hook to 99 and when the killer comes near I drop it or however many hooks I worked on and just try to loop around the area.

Should I try using it for saves?

Comments

  • Unless you want a miserable experience, just don't. Sabo is currently viable only with a dedicated swf team.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Unless you want a miserable experience, just don't. Sabo is currently viable only with a dedicated swf team.

    Yeah you're right. However I just cant help but feel secured when I create a safe haven on the map

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/394736#Comment_394736

    Yeah you're right. However I just cant help but feel secured when I create a safe haven on the map

    Well it's nice for the points as well both for bp and for emblem progress and I'll sabo hooks to 99% but not ever drop them unless I'm solo. I'll also when solo only sabo hooks far away from the killer.

  • If someone is doing a gen in an unsafe spot while the killer is busy. Or the killer is chasing the crap out of someone and you want to be a distraction then start trying to sabo a hook where they can see you and sometimes they will ignore the person to try and mess with you instead?

    I've only sabo'd a hook once to see what it was like. *Shrugs* But those are what I'd use it for if I decided to use it again.

  • If I ever run that perk, I try to get as many hooks as possible to 99% and then you can break them before somebody is unhooked to buy them time to wiggle free. This is annoying as hell when it happens to you as a killer, but it’s a useful tactic to save teammates, especially ones that are being tunnelled.

  • Is useless, there are so many hooks and is used only for trolling the killer, plus gives you almost 0 BP

  • the most effective way is to just not use it, its far better to just work on gens or totems

  • Sabo isn't really worth the time investment unless you have a team of at least two dedicated to doing it. Hooks come back and if you get a rep for saboing you're gonna start seeing more moris and dcs. Not to mention it wastes time, toolboxes, and with the currentl scoring you won't get your emblem progress.

  • I've had Sabo for a while but I've neglected to use it. Wanting to try some new builds I've been running it but I'm curious if it's effective.

    @Kagrenac

    https://youtu.be/wUvmPyqU8bU