Struggling: More Control

INTRODUCTION: Swaying

Since you're caught in the killer's grasp, would it make sense if the survivor could wiggle in a way that causes the killer to get stuck? I mean it already happens, but it's completely random and shouldn't be relied upon. Therefore, what if the survivor could choose what direction to sway the killer?


EXAMPLE: How it would work

On PC and console, looking in the direction you want to sway the killer (by either looking to his left or right side) will cause him to sway in that direction. This wouldn't be too much to ask for since there is counter play to the wiggle effects, killers can just cancel out the sway with WASD. However, in some scenarios, it can cause the survivor to sway the killer into places and waste more time for the killer.


Note: The survivors cannot choose when to sway the killer, only the direction of where the killer will sway.


INDIRECT BUFFS: Iron Grasp and Boil Over

Since the survivor can choose where the killer sways to, the perk Boil Over will get an indirect buff and can probably help them gain more control. Iron Grasp will be even better by removing the survivors' ability to sway, basically.


FEEDBACK: Please...

I know this sounds bad on paper and you killers already deal with enough problems, but give this idea a chance. Don't pass this thread, give it some actual feedback and don't use simple comments: They are really annoying.

Comments

  • *Clap* i would have to see this in game *Clap*

  • @Milo said:

    *Clap* i would have to see this in game *Clap*

    @Milo

    This wouldn't be too much and besides, killers can just use WASD to counter it.

  • Mkay.

    Btw, on your footnote: I became a Killer-only player not too long ago.

  • This is how I felt it should work when I started playing

    +1 seems like a good strat

    HOWEVER COMMA this may be a problem on Léry's and The Game

  • Well, you wrote it yourself: "I know this sounds bad on paper and you killers already deal with enough problems"

    If you know this, why do you want to introduce a general survivor buff? It's the killers who are in need of buffs.

    As a game mechanic for itself it might be ok, but please keep in mind that for 1 surv buff you have to introduce 1 killer buff as well, otherwise this game would become even more unbalanced.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Well, you wrote it yourself: "I know this sounds bad on paper and you killers already deal with enough problems"

    If you know this, why do you want to introduce a general survivor buff? It's the killers who are in need of buffs.

    As a game mechanic for itself it might be ok, but please keep in mind that for 1 surv buff you have to introduce 1 killer buff as well, otherwise this game would become even more unbalanced.

    @NoShinyPony

    Well here's the thing, I have yet to see a killer complain about the survivors' struggle effects being OP, and I rarely lose a survivor due to struggle effects, even with them having Boil Over. Therefore, I don't see the harm of adding control that its effects is already cancelled out by killers using WASD, ya know?

  • @Nickenzie Currently, it's fine, therefore killers aren't complaining.

    If you think your suggested change could be easily countered by the killer, why are you making such a suggestion in the first place? I mean, why introduce something that is not relevant for gameplay?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Nickenzie Currently, it's fine, therefore killers aren't complaining.

    If you think your suggested change could be easily countered by the killer, why are you making such a suggestion in the first place? I mean, why introduce something that is not relevant for gameplay?

    @NoShinyPony

    Well, it depends on the situation whenever you're picked up. If there's a lot of obstacles, you could look in that direction and possibly cause the killer to get stuck. Regardless, what's the worst that can happen with this change?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395061#Comment_395061

    @NoShinyPony

    Well, it depends on the situation whenever you're picked up. If there's a lot of obstacles, you could look in that direction and possibly cause the killer to get stuck. Regardless, what's the worst that can happen with this change?

    Actually, the worst that could happen is nothing.

    And i do mean nothing: In theory, i think i'll find this as easy to counter as regular wiggling.

    I already said okay to this as i'm all for this kind of movement freedom, but the worst outcome is that, from how i see it, i'll just have to press buttons a bit quicker to respond to their chosen directions.

    Only Boil Over 3 is ever a problem, and that's cause i don't expect it at first. (Not even Boil Over 2 is bothersome enough for me.)

  • I don't know why you even bothered buffing Iron Grasp, the perk would still be useless and no one would pick it.

  • @Nickenzie So what is your suggestion? A mechanic that can be easily countered and isn't relevant or a mechanic that can cause killers to get stuck and lose the survivor?

    That is the deciding factor for this discussion.

  • @Unnamed_Freak said:

    I don't know why you even bothered buffing Iron Grasp, the perk would still be useless and no one would pick it.

    @Unnamed_Freak

    I didn't directly buff Iron Grasp, it received an indirect buff. Allow me to explain the difference between buffs and indirect buffs.


    Direct Buff: Example

    Changing NC ranges to 24/28/32

    Changing Distressing values to 20%/25%/30%


    Indirect Buff:

    Increasing the frequency of bleeding from injured survivors (which indirectly buffs No Mither)

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Nickenzie So what is your suggestion? A mechanic that can be easily countered and isn't relevant or a mechanic that can cause killers to get stuck and lose the survivor?

    That is the deciding factor for this discussion.

    @NoShinyPony

    A mechanic that gives the survivor more freedom, regardless of how easy it can be countered.

  • @Nickenzie What means "regardless of how easy it can be countered"? Is it a mechanic that can be easily countered or is it a mechanic that can cause killers to lose survivors?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Nickenzie What means "regardless of how easy it can be countered"? Is it a mechanic that can be easily countered or is it a mechanic that can cause killers to lose survivors?

    @NoShinyPony

    It's a mechanic that can be easily countered in most situations but in rare ones, it can make the killer have slight difficulties (which can buy you enough time to wiggle free).

  • @Nickenzie Then I'd consider it a general survivor buff. I don't think that is something we need in the current situation of the game's balance.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Nickenzie Then I'd consider it a general survivor buff. I don't think that is something we need in the current situation of the game's balance.

    @NoShinyPony

    I don't think this would be that overwhelming imho.

  • @Nickenzie It's not the point whether it is a slight buff or a big buff. The game is not balanced and it wouldn't be fair to give killers more disadvantages at the moment.

    If you have creative ideas for DbD, why not change your focus and take a look at what could help killers? Just a suggestion, of course. ☺️

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Nickenzie It's not the point whether it is a slight buff or a big buff. The game is not balanced and it wouldn't be fair to give killers more disadvantages at the moment.

    If you have creative ideas for DbD, why not change your focus and take a look at what could help killers? Just a suggestion, of course. ☺️

    @NoShinyPony

    Ideally, this change could be made AFTER killers are fairly balanced, ya know?

  • Meh with the current hooks distance you can be a baby killer, get stuck on some rock, get lost, have a time to look on a map, smoke a cigarette and still make it to some hook.

  • I have a slug build that is very fun to play. I even came across some tryhard trash that had not 1... but 2 unbreakables... and a ultra rare needle. I still ate them.


    As Myers. It was great.

    Ruin, Sloppy, Knockout and Deerstalker.

    Magic.

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    I have a slug build that is very fun to play. I even came across some tryhard trash that had not 1... but 2 unbreakables... and a ultra rare needle. I still ate them.

    As Myers. It was great.

    Ruin, Sloppy, Knockout and Deerstalker.

    Magic.

    @Dwight_Confusion

    Did you click on the wrong thread?


    Don't worry, it has happened to me before.

  • @Nickenzie Sure.

    As I said, it's just not good to introduce survivor buffs at the current state of the game.