The new pip system.

https://youtu.be/mgyGD2A54xw


My friend made this, in this whole game he just barely piped. Can we please have the old pip system back?

Comments

  • I can see I have an unpopular opinion

  • People I don't think want the old system back, cause I think the consensus is that ranking needed to be harder the higher you go. Adjustments need to be made on the survivor side, imo, but I don't want the older one back.

  • @TheBean said:

    People I don't think want the old system back, cause I think the consensus is that ranking needed to be harder the higher you go. Adjustments need to be made on the survivor side, imo, but I don't want the older one back.

    IMO I’d prefer the old one so that I’m not stuck in green ranks where everyone sucks and I can’t rank up because of that. My teammates just sit at hooks ready to farm the unhook.

  • @TreemanXD Well well well... Lets start with assuming match making is running properly and matching you with people at your rank.

    With this system people are being spread out and placed "better" within the rank system based on their skill. At least this is the intention. Since you can no longer achieve the high, high ranks without knowing how to play and also try-harding the crap out of the game. Simply playing the game for a long period of time won't really get you there, unless you are naturally good at video games.

    Therefore.... If you are playing at a certain rank... and you think the others are potatoes... and you are having issue increasing in rank.... Does that not mean you are also a potato?

    At least to higher skilled players you are, they don't want to be paired up with you either.


    Calling people potatoes now with this system, means you too are a potato.

  • @TheBean I’m a potato for not playing during rank reset? I think it’s clear this isn’t my rank when I can keep a killer in a five gen chase for some of my games. If this was the rank I deserve to be in then this wouldn’t happen.

  • Also @TheBean if I can’t get hook saves because my teammates are farming everyone then I won’t be able to rank up, which is most games at my ranks.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @TheBean I’m a potato for not playing during rank reset? I think it’s clear this isn’t my rank when I can keep a killer in a five gen chase for some of my games. If this was the rank I deserve to be in then this wouldn’t happen.

    But if you run a killer for 5 gens, you get 0 altruism, 0 lightbringer. You havent proven that you deserve a pip up. Only that you can run.

    Like killers getting 4k with 5 gens up. It was TOO easy to be rewarded for.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388004#Comment_388004

    But if you run a killer for 5 gens, you get 0 altruism, 0 lightbringer. You havent proven that you deserve a pip up. Only that you can run.

    Like killers getting 4k with 5 gens up. It was TOO easy to be rewarded for.

    @Carpemortum I also mentioned how I can hook save since my teammates are sitting at the hook waiting to farm.

  • @TreemanXD @Carpemortum

    I'll group up the response the same, you basically mentioned the same issue with leading the killer on a chase for the entire match. Let us break that one down...


    You get found and chased for 5 gens by the killer.... So who is the bad player?... This could be a bit more subjective depending on which side you like to play the most.

    Is the killer bad cause they decided to chase you the whole time and didn't go chase a more easier prey? Yes.

    Is the survivor bad cause they were UNABLE to break the chase and hide? Yes.

    The reason this survivor is bad, is because they were unable to lose the killer. I know it can be hard losing the killer if they are good and determined to get you. However that is the issue, they are good enough to keep the chase going the whole time. The whole time the survivor is unable to lose the killer... either by juking or sandbagging someone else.

    Do you deserve to rank up for it? No.

    Do the other survivors who watched you run around the killer and just did gen? No.

    Cause they didn't play as a team. They needed to release you from the chase. This emblem system introduces more playstyle people need to perform to rank up. You need to take risks. Risk vs Reward. Are you a good player?... Can you take the killer for a small chase and win? Then escape?


    This is my take on it anyways. I understand people think they should rank up because the killer played poorly. However the survivor who can juke and hide is better than the survivor that isn't good at juking and only good at being chased. That kind of survivor has more to learn.

  • @TheBean exactly. You shouldnt get rewarded for proving you can beat an opponent that offers 0 challenge. The killer followed you for 5 gens, hes not a good killer.

  • @TheBean you aren’t addressing everything I said. Yes I should try to lose the killer, however I’m a mediocre killer and survivors try to lose me but I still keep on them. Hardly any survivor tries to lose the killer anymore but if I’ve noticed I’ve lost LOS then I’ll try to lose the killer.

  • @Carpemortum that’s the problem, I can’t find good killers anymore at this rank and neither of you have addressed my teammates are waiting at hooks to hook farm comment.

  • @TheBean

    @carpes666

    If every survivor is breaking chase then no one pips because no one got hooked, kinda proving my point about the new rank system.

  • @TreemanXD if they unhook before you do, start following people in a chase. That better? You be the one to unhook them if you need points that bad before someone else farms them.

    You don't get farmers 100% of games. And you dont get good killers?

    So if its a bad killer, how can you not manage to get at least one unhook while hes being terrible?

    Or get other things done while your randoms are farming?

    Do more than one objective.

    If you really truly believe that every game is full of bad killers and sandbag teammates, maybe take a break til reset. It may be very likely that it's the rank you should be in right now. Nothing hateful. But eryone being able to get to red and purple was absurd to begin with.

    Also, who cares about rank/pips. Enjoy the game. If you're doing that well as a survivor, but ONLY cant pip, why be upset? You gain nothing from rank, and by your word are playing rather well. Worry less about BP and rank, and more about the game. And if you get ######### randoms, let then be #########. You be sneaky and escape.

  • @Carpemortum if I’m chasing the killer then no one is doing gens, I still have fun in this game, it’s not that I don’t mind this rank, I would just like to play with people who are a little bit better than the ones I see at my current rank.

  • @TreemanXD What else?... the survivors farming.. well they need to tweak some stuff still forsure, I agree there. Survivor side is still a bit to harsh.. but this is small stuff I think will get ironed out.

    Chasing and being chased in one of the most fun aspects of this game. However if survivors want to rank up, that isn't how the chase is supposed to be played.

    The Devs are saying.... Play how you wish, but if you want to rank up, then you need to play the game correctly. The emblems are their way of telling you how to play... both sides need to perform this way. So each side needs to use it against each other as they rank up.

    However.. just point out on the hook farming... You won't get emblem points for the unhooking if it is unsafe. Those survivors are farming for bloodpoints.. that is a whole other issue of those who play for rank and bloodpoints and those who only care about bloodpoints, but those players should go lower in rank, over time.

  • wants the new one back!!!!! this is ridiculous, back to waiting 10 or so mins as a surv for a game??? AND then still in with ranks that are very much not the same....! this sucks