How difficult is a merciless killing?

Along with the new pipping changes, it seems as though they’ve also changed the requirements for the adept killer achievements/ trophies (or so I have heard). You actually have to get a merciless killing (double pip) to earn the achievement. I’ll probably wait until rank reset. My question is how difficult is it to actually double pip in green/yellow ranks?

Comments

  • It's possible in the yellow ranks if you manage to get the 4k fast enough to keep an iridescent Gatekeeper emblem. So basically you need a team of really bad players who don't do gens. Without Ruin, a double pip 4k is going to be pretty hard, even in yellow ranks.

  • You need a team of survivors that commit a mass suicide

  • @RoKrueger said:

    You need a team of survivors that commit a mass suicide

    Pretty much.

  • @Incirion said:

    It's possible in the yellow ranks if you manage to get the 4k fast enough to keep an iridescent Gatekeeper emblem. So basically you need a team of really bad players who don't do gens. Without Ruin, a double pip 4k is going to be pretty hard, even in yellow ranks.

    I’m at Rank 6 at the moment and to be honest I wanna be at Rank 7 before the rank reset because I’ll be in the yellow ranks.

    I’ve seen players get a merciless killing and only kill three players, but they were all hooked at least three times and the other players was on death hook, but I’m pretty sure that was before the new ranking system was released.

    You just gotta hope to get a team of potatoes, especially if the killer doesn’t have very good teachables.


  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387567#Comment_387567

    I’m at Rank 6 at the moment and to be honest I wanna be at Rank 7 before the rank reset because I’ll be in the yellow ranks.

    I’ve seen players get a merciless killing and only kill three players, but they were all hooked at least three times and the other players was on death hook, but I’m pretty sure that was before the new ranking system was released.

    You just gotta hope to get a team of potatoes, especially if the killer doesn’t have very good teachables.

    Exactly. Good luck getting the achievement on Legion. Or Plague. Or Doc. Any killer that people like to d/c against. I'm glad I got my adept Legion before the update. In a game with three d/cs.

  • Just having survivors with a death wish is not enough. If you have a perfect game as killer you'll still wind up with a gold Devout and bronze/silver Chaser. Seriously, what the hell am I supposed to do with Trapper when every survivor goes into the dying state from stepping on traps AT THE SAME TIME?

  • @burntFuse said:

    Just having survivors with a death wish is not enough. If you have a perfect game as killer you'll still wind up with a gold Devout and bronze/silver Chaser. Seriously, what the hell am I supposed to do with Trapper when every survivor goes into the dying state from stepping on traps AT THE SAME TIME?

    Literally just hook two or three, pick up the last one and let them wiggle out, then chase them.

  • I'm mostly a Green nearly Purple Rank Killer and I got two back to back Merciless 4Ks as Hag and Doctor >0> both were chill games too

  • Merciless killer games for adept achievements in yellow/green ranks are a huge pain in the butt due to the requirement to get 15/16 emblems with the killer's own perks, some much harder than others depending upon the killer and their perks.

    One of the main problems is that survivors can start working on gens right away without being blocked by Ruin/Corrupt Intervention for the vast majority of killers, so the Gatekeeper emblem is a race against time to try and find a survivor immediately and down them as fast as possible and then hope that their entire team will all stop doing gens to try and rescue that person from the hook so then you can chain hooks fast enough to keep them off of the gens.

    Another of the main problems is that if you're too good or the survivors are too bad and you kill them too fast without allowing them to hook rescue, you won't get enough hooks, hits, or chases to get those emblems to iridescent to allow you to get enough emblem points for the double pip.

    So, essentially, you need to run into the perfect mix of over-altruistic survivors that are terrible at surviving chases and don't do gens and allow them to hook farm each other. Good luck!

  • @Incirion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387602#Comment_387602

    Exactly. Good luck getting the achievement on Legion. Or Plague. Or Doc. Any killer that people like to d/c against. I'm glad I got my adept Legion before the update. In a game with three d/cs.

    I have all adepts except Plague and Legion. I despise Legion and cannot play them to save my life. I just find it difficult to have a perfect round at Rank 1 without Ruin because gens gets done SUPER quickly especially using a killer with little to no map pressure.

  • @scoser said:

    Merciless killer games for adept achievements in yellow/green ranks are a huge pain in the butt due to the requirement to get 15/16 emblems with the killer's own perks, some much harder than others depending upon the killer and their perks.

    One of the main problems is that survivors can start working on gens right away without being blocked by Ruin/Corrupt Intervention for the vast majority of killers, so the Gatekeeper emblem is a race against time to try and find a survivor immediately and down them as fast as possible and then hope that their entire team will all stop doing gens to try and rescue that person from the hook so then you can chain hooks fast enough to keep them off of the gens.

    Another of the main problems is that if you're too good or the survivors are too bad and you kill them too fast without allowing them to hook rescue, you won't get enough hooks, hits, or chases to get those emblems to iridescent to allow you to get enough emblem points for the double pip.

    So, essentially, you need to run into the perfect mix of over-altruistic survivors that are terrible at surviving chases and don't do gens and allow them to hook farm each other. Good luck!

    I’m glad I got all of the current adepts at the time this past summer. I’m only missing Legion and Plague. Plague has NO map pressure and I did get a 4K with her but I only got “Brutal Killer” because I killed them all too quickly and they were complete potatoes. It’s very difficult for some killers because their perks do not help them at all. Huntress and Doctor both have pretty useless perks especially Huntress. I got all my adepts in the grey ranks

  • You need to get 9+ hooks and 4k on top of pushing your other emblems as hard as possible to get merciless.