Infectious Fright Should Work On Slugs

Madness 3 works on them, I don't see why this doesn't work on slugs. It somehow worked on dead/dc'd survivors, I don't see why we can't get it for slugs. It'd be a nice QOL change for sure.

Comments

  • Does it not? I have been using it and I swear that I will down someone, see someone else scream, down them and the previous slug screams. If not then yes I would agree.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Does it not? I have been using it and I swear that I will down someone, see someone else scream, down them and the previous slug screams. If not then yes I would agree.

    I lost a 4k cuz they didn't scream. Talking to friends they've said it hasn't worked for them. I have t2 of it, so I know she was in range. Gonna test it more I suppose. If not then it really should. It doesn't say anything about being immune if you're downed. Be kinda stupid if that was the case.

  • It should show auras. Just location ping aint worth a slot unless you're nurse.

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381222#Comment_381222

    I lost a 4k cuz they didn't scream. Talking to friends they've said it hasn't worked for them. I have t2 of it, so I know she was in range. Gonna test it more I suppose. If not then it really should. It doesn't say anything about being immune if you're downed. Be kinda stupid if that was the case.

    You have to down them with your basic attack for it to proc, maybe that's what's happening? If you use a hatchet or chainsaw or corrupt purge it doesn't proc.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381246#Comment_381246

    You have to down them with your basic attack for it to proc, maybe that's what's happening? If you use a hatchet or chainsaw or corrupt purge it doesn't proc.

    I made sure to M1 just in case. Could've been skirting out of my range.

  • Can you confirm it works on slugs?

  • Yup, not working on slugs. It's either a bug, or an intended feature, but I'm really, REALLY hoping it's a bugged happenstance.

  • Hmm...

    Makes sense since Doc can increase madness on slugged survivors and make them scream giving their position away.

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 said:

    Hmm...

    Makes sense since Doc can increase madness on slugged survivors and make them scream giving their position away.

    That's what I'm saying, and the perk clearly says, "Any survivors within TR", but twice now they did not scream. Unless them being downstairs counters it somehow?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381276#Comment_381276

    Afaik he can't increase madness on slugs but if you're in madness 3 when you go down you will scream periodically unless running calm spirit.

    Either way, infectious fright shouldn't work on downed survivors imo. That's what deerstalker is for.

    No, Doc can increase madness on slugs by staying nearby them in treatment mode. It's one of the ways to make him a good slugging machine.

    I'm indifferent on Infectious not working on slugs, but I wouldn't mind it if there was a sound bubble to show if said survivor was a slug or not.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381276#Comment_381276

    Afaik he can't increase madness on slugs but if you're in madness 3 when you go down you will scream periodically unless running calm spirit.

    Either way, infectious fright shouldn't work on downed survivors imo. That's what deerstalker is for.

    It'd be nice to have an alternative, it's not nearly as strong as Deerstalker in that sense, so don't see why it'd be an issue.

  • Nothing funnier than someone crying about not 4king. Holy moly.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Nothing funnier than someone crying about not 4king. Holy moly.

    Before the patch I would have agreed, but now the 4th man can be the difference between pipping or not.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Nothing funnier than someone crying about not 4king. Holy moly.

    Nothing funnier than a survivor bitching about something yet again. I'm not crying. I outplayed them, they got the hatch. It happens, but hatch isn't exactly a fair mechanic. You get stomped, so you get a free win? In what universe does this make sense? I hooked everyone three times, only two gens got done, but nope. I just get to lose the 4th, and they get 7k points for losing. Totally fine.

    @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382834#Comment_382834

    Before the patch I would have agreed, but now the 4th man can be the difference between pipping or not.

    Yup, pretty much this. That and I'm going for Devoted Gatekeeper so kinda need 4ks for the achieve so I can get my 100% back. Funny how wanting to do well and get a 4k makes you a sweaty POS, but a 4 survs bringing full heals, and running every meta everything is just them trying to survive in these games full of op and mean killers. :C We're just trying to survive! This stupid herd mentality/bias is really getting old.

    It's a multiplayer video game. People are trying to win. Wow, what a concept.