Myself having DS but other player gets tunneled for being the obsession without reason
I felt so bad today, because people get tunneled for being the Obsession (killer without such perks) and not having DS, because I wanted to use DS.
I think it's a bit unfair now that you can be chosen as obsession without yourselves or the killer's doing but because of another teammate.
I got hit by it multiple times today too. I had no obsession perk (as did the killer) and got tunneled for being the obsession because a mate had DS.
What do you think? Did it happen to you too? Or is it, that the new Obsession mechanic is bugged?
Comments
Tunneling for Obsession? That's pretty toxic..
If what you're saying is correct and the way i am interpreting what you're saying is correct then you are describing a bug.
The way the new DS should work is that if you have DS and no one else does then you start as the obsession and everything just works as stated in the tooltip. If you have DS and another player also has DS one of you is chosen as the obsession at the start then if the player who is not the obsession gets unhooked and then proceeds to get downed and use DS on the killer they would become the new obsession target.
Now if what you're saying is that you ARE the obsession and other players are getting tunneled instead of you then it is because the killer is waiting out your DS timer which lasts at max a full minute.
Sorry to confuse, but English is not my native language.
I try to explain better.
I tried my adept Jane and a mate had DS (the only one). At the start of the match I was chosen to be the Obsession and got tunneled because of it. The killer had no obsession perk. This happened multiple times to me as well to others.
I thought it could also be a bug and posted it two days ago, because it is not consistent what happens if you are the only one with DS.
DS should not create the obsession at the start of the game. This is definitely a bug
At the moment, one random person is the Obsession when someone uses DS. Maybe they used this to implement the Obsession at all?
It was like that on the PTB, so either the Bug got carried on, or it is intended.
Btw. tunneling someone for being Obsession just shows that the Killer player was not really thinking what he is doing. There are only two Perks that give a Obsession at the Start of the Game, Object of Obsession (which the Killer would see, because he can see the Survivor) or Sole Survivor, which is meaningless.
Wouldn't it be better if there would be no obsession at the start when there is only DS? So no one could tell?
They made a change to the way the obsession is selected. There has always been a chance that someone who is not running an obsession perk, would be selected as the obsession, but it was so minuscule that it very rarely ever occurred. It was so rare, that you could say that it was broken.
With 2.6.0, they significantly increased the chance of those not running an obsession perk, to be the obsession. They did this to prevent the killer from knowing who actually is running suck a perk, which was a complaint that survivors had. Those who are running an obsession perk, do have a higher chance of being the obsession, but the difference is significantly lower than it used to be.
Isn't this a good thing?
If you see an obsession in your game it means SOMEONE has DS, but not neccesarily the obsession.
This means play safe, don't tunnel any of them.
I would also consider this a good thing, but I dont know if it was intended that way or if this was the only way to solve this, because it might not be possible to generate a Obsession mid game.
I think that once killers realize ANYONE can be an obsession when DS is in play and not just the DS guy they won't be targeting the obsession so much.
This happened to me recently. I was the killer's obsession even though I wasn't running DS or anything increasing my odds of becoming it.
I figured that meant no other survivors were running obsession perks but the killer was so someone had to be chosen at random. A little rare but it happens, no problem.
After the game I looked to see what the killer was running but there was nothing to create an obsession. One of my teammates had DS but wasn't the obsession even after I died. The killer let everyone else leave - even carrying out a downed survivor. I thought it had to be bug.
I hope so, because it sucks to be punished for being the obsession, if it's not your fault. Especially with the broken ranking system now.
I hope the killers will notice soon, that being the obsession now does not mean you automatically run ds, but one of your teammates does. It's more like a little warning, that they should be careful when they want to tunnel someone.
And it is for you much more interesting to find out whether the killer or a mate has an obsession perk.
I don't think they were being tunneled for being the obsession... but being tunneled just because the killer can tunnel.
Nope. In many cases the killer just tunneled the obsession. I have tested it myself.
If you want to test it too, just run DS and look what happens.