NOED buff

If there's a single dull totem left on the map by the time the exit gates are powered, NOED comes into effect. At that point, it cannot be disabled (it's no longer a Hex perk). NOED exposes all survivors, but has no other effect.

This way, survivors will finally see totems as the objective they are. Discuss.

Comments

  • Honestly make it into the base game without the requirement of a perk. However, whenever the killer is within 16m and not in a chase show the aura of all remaining dull totems.

  • how to get rid of solo survivor step 1:

  • @artist said:

    how to get rid of solo survivor step 1:

    Did you even read the OP?

  • @tomikomPL all this rage from the DS QOL change?

  • Probably not, which is why you should ignore them.


  • @GrootDude said:

    @tomikomPL all this rage from the DS QOL change?

    I unlocked DS like 2 weeks ago from points and i really liked it, now i know it was waste of points and i could save it for something else. 2nd thing are last 3 killers (spirit, legion, plague). The fact is that you really dont need perks on these killers because they are overpowered. Like legion was the worst one, before this patch, now this new will be worse than legion. His speed is too big + vomiting too op. I played few rounds against it in every single match he was right behind me and he vomiting on me. I couldnt escape because he was to fast and his vomiting knocked me down so fast, than i was hooked (couldnt even try to escape, because new DS is in my opinion bad) than i somehow got unhooked but of course tunneler hit me and i fall down right by hook i was unhooked, so i couldnt use this DS again, and in the end i died on hook (several times the same situation, so dont be suprised i am a little bit "mad" because of this fck new DS) I see that only killers get buff, and this is annoying for player who plays alone as survivor (me)

  • @tomikomPL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/376181#Comment_376181

    I unlocked DS like 2 weeks ago from points and i really liked it, now i know it was waste of points and i could save it for something else. 2nd thing are last 3 killers (spirit, legion, plague). The fact is that you really dont need perks on these killers because they are overpowered. Like legion was the worst one, before this patch, now this new will be worse than legion. His speed is too big + vomiting too op. I played few rounds against it in every single match he was right behind me and he vomiting on me. I couldnt escape because he was to fast and his vomiting knocked me down so fast, than i was hooked (couldnt even try to escape, because new DS is in my opinion bad) than i somehow got unhooked but of course tunneler hit me and i fall down right by hook i was unhooked, so i couldnt use this DS again, and in the end i died on hook (several times the same situation, so dont be suprised i am a little bit "mad" because of this fck new DS) I see that only killers get buff, and this is annoying for player who plays alone as survivor (me)

    Both sides get nerfed and bugged and I also play solo with no problem.

  • Totems aren't objectives. The dull ones are only good for point fodder and nothing else. I'm guessing you're making this suggestion 'cause other people are requesting for another objective (such as gathering gas cans) that are mandatory. The issue is that breaking totems would be yet another activity where survivors had to hold down M1. They would have to find all the totems, but that could be difficult. Some people have troubles finding generators and nothing would stop killers from bringing it along against survivors who are newer. If you wind up on the Game or another map with strong totem placements, you're screwed, too.

    Though alternatively it could make a meta where end game is the most important, which would be interesting. I'm not sure. Like imagine if everyone was running end game builds.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375905#Comment_375905

    Killers already know it's a hex and a risk to use. I mean, it's right there in the name. It's survivors who refuse to disable it.

    a lot of survivors disable it. i do, and for those that leave the toetms it's their risk. the more i think about it, a hex counter should be in the game even if there isnt noed in the game or not. it would help the solos out.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    Totems aren't objectives. The dull ones are only good for point fodder and nothing else. I'm guessing you're making this suggestion 'cause other people are requesting for another objective (such as gathering gas cans) that are mandatory. The issue is that breaking totems would be yet another activity where survivors had to hold down M1. They would have to find all the totems, but that could be difficult. Some people have troubles finding generators and nothing would stop killers from bringing it along against survivors who are newer. If you wind up on the Game or another map with strong totem placements, you're screwed, too.

    Though alternatively it could make a meta where end game is the most important, which would be interesting. I'm not sure. Like imagine if everyone was running end game builds.

    I'm making this suggestion for the reason I said in the OP. Don't try to make this more than it is. I appreciate the rest of your feedback.

  • @benzos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375948#Comment_375948

    a lot of survivors disable it. i do, and for those that leave the toetms it's their risk. the more i think about it, a hex counter should be in the game even if there isnt noed in the game or not. it would help the solos out.

    Then this won't affect you, so it's fine.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/376285#Comment_376285

    I'm making this suggestion for the reason I said in the OP. Don't try to make this more than it is. I appreciate the rest of your feedback.

    Then was the point to make them more of a solid objective for survivors? I may be missing something.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/376374#Comment_376374

    Then was the point to make them more of a solid objective for survivors? I may be missing something.

    It's literally just that. The developers wanted totems to be a secondary objective, I'm suggesting a way to achieve just that.

  • it's not fine because even if i do totems, i can't do them all or all games. you said "it's survivors who refuse to diable it" like it's EVERY survivor. why you making this black/white? give me a break

  • I wouldn't mind much with this change, but the devs could buff something for the survivors. After all, it sucks for a team that's working efficiently on the generators, and then a killer gets a pip because of a perk that steam rolls a team (situational but can happen).

    The buff(s) could be:

    • What the comments have said about a way to track the # of totems left on the map.
    • Increase the accuracy of Small Game and Detetive's Hunch for those who want to make it easy to totem hunt. Solo survivors can't communicate to say "slow down on the repairs, I need more time to find totems," so this could help them with keeping up with time.
    • Allow survivors to gain points in a category for destroying the totem(s). It would be weird to have a situation where one survivor gets all of the totems, but didn't receive a pip to increase the defense of the team.
  • @Dragon_of_Fantasy said:

    I wouldn't mind much with this change, but the devs could buff something for the survivors. After all, it sucks for a team that's working efficiently on the generators, and then a killer gets a pip because of a perk that steam rolls a team (situational but can happen).

    The buff(s) could be:

    • What the comments have said about a way to track the # of totems left on the map.
    • Increase the accuracy of Small Game and Detetive's Hunch for those who want to make it easy to totem hunt. Solo survivors can't communicate to say "slow down on the repairs, I need more time to find totems," so this could help them with keeping up with time.
    • Allow survivors to gain points in a category for destroying the totem(s). It would be weird to have a situation where one survivor gets all of the totems, but didn't receive a pip to increase the defense of the team.

    If a killer pips because the survivors got steamrolled by NOED, then the survivors played poorly in the end-game.

  • @Dragon_of_Fantasy said:

    I wouldn't mind much with this change, but the devs could buff something for the survivors. After all, it sucks for a team that's working efficiently on the generators, and then a killer gets a pip because of a perk that steam rolls a team (situational but can happen).

    The buff(s) could be:

    • What the comments have said about a way to track the # of totems left on the map.
    • Increase the accuracy of Small Game and Detetive's Hunch for those who want to make it easy to totem hunt. Solo survivors can't communicate to say "slow down on the repairs, I need more time to find totems," so this could help them with keeping up with time.
    • Allow survivors to gain points in a category for destroying the totem(s). It would be weird to have a situation where one survivor gets all of the totems, but didn't receive a pip to increase the defense of the team.

    not bad. totem counter is good as well as buff to small game for more bp and faster cleanse. in exchange for perm noed? hmmm.

  • If there's a single dull totem left on the map by the time the exit gates are powered, NOED comes into effect.

    Sure, with that logic, cleansing a dull should reward lightbringer and hurt the killers gatekeeper since it is an objective, also because it is an objective, add a counter to the HUD.

  • NOED is a balanced perk as it is. I think there should be no changes.

1 2 ›