This was the most toxic player I met.:(

I was the Clown and 2 escaped and I hooked 2 of em so 2 and 2 xd. But this one survivor that I got on the hook was sooo salty it was not even funny. After him and another survivor died to the hook one of em was raging sooo bad I ended up reporting him for giving me hate speach. I can't even say the stuff he said to me. It was soooo bad. So after I reported him for hate speech. I said this to him lol lol lol lol get gud xd and you got reported lol. Then I left chat. Also what was your favorite raged you encountered?

Comments

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364574#Comment_364574

    Why should we get rid of them? Give me one good reason outside of "they make people uncomfortable" and I will concede.

    Because they're detrimental to the game.

  • @Poweas whats not surprising is that GEICO can save you 15% or more on car insurance .

  • They're not detrimental to the gameplay itself in any way. Just like positive post-game chat is not beneficial to the gameplay in any way. All it is is negative human communication. It's going to happen eventually if you communicate with people.


    So in what way are they detrimental to the game itself?

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364598#Comment_364598

    They're not detrimental to the gameplay itself in any way. Just like positive post-game chat is not beneficial to the gameplay in any way. All it is is negative human communication. It's going to happen eventually if you communicate with people.

    So in what way are they detrimental to the game itself?

    The game is more than just the gameplay, but even in the gameplay, they are detrimental because they exploit it any way they can and actively try to make other players as miserable as possible.

  • I love the salt as killer one of the funniest things that can happen is you get the salt tasty delicious salt

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364627#Comment_364627

    The game is more than just the gameplay, but even in the gameplay, they are detrimental because they exploit it any way they can and actively try to make other players as miserable as possible.

    Fair point. Toxic gameplay is absolutely detrimental to the game. But short of exploits, data manipulation, hacks, or real world threats, nothing should be bannable

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364637#Comment_364637

    Fair point. Toxic gameplay is absolutely detrimental to the game. But short of exploits, data manipulation, hacks, or real world threats, nothing should be bannable

    The people who're prone to do those things are also the ones who are toxic in the post-game chat, so I'd rather pull the weed out by the root than leave it room to become an infestation.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364679#Comment_364679

    The people who're prone to do those things are also the ones who are toxic in the post-game chat, so I'd rather pull the weed out by the root than leave it room to become an infestation.

    I disagree. The line to cross has to be well defined and something that objectively breaks the intended gameplay or crosses into illegal territory (such as death threats or doxxing)

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364699#Comment_364699

    I disagree. The line to cross has to be well defined and something that objectively breaks the intended gameplay or crosses into illegal territory (such as death threats or doxxing)

    The line is well defined. You just disagree on where it should be. Thankfully, the devs (and most normal people) do not.

  • Alright, I can't reasonably argue against that. However, I still think drawing the line right there is patronizing and that it's something you are perfectly capable of handing by yourself. Moderation and banning should be limited to where they are only absolutely necessary.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    Alright, I can't reasonably argue against that. However, I still think drawing the line right there is patronizing and that it's something you are perfectly capable of handing by yourself. Moderation and banning should be limited to where they are only absolutely necessary.

    Games are supposed to be enjoyable. If some people are trying to make everyone's experience as unenjoyable as possible, then it is absolutely necessary to either ban or censor them. Since there's nothing in place that can censor them (no, closing the chat is not censoring), bans are the only way to do it.

  • @Hag_Main_Big_Brain said:

    Thats salty survivor for you! And not really shocking to see on this game either.

    But once a upon a time, when I played DBD on PS4, I was playing hag and was defending my totems REALLY HARD, because the survivors just wouldn't let one totem go ( I was defending it because I was worried it was Devour Hope BTW) so I hooked this Claudette in the process. Long-story-short they got the totem which ended up being Thrill Of The Hunt, so yay! But when that Claudette died, they sent me a message that read, "Tryhard. #########" and I was kinda shocked to sat the least, and kinda found it funny. Then agin it was a Claudette so....

    So youre implying every Claudette is toxic? lol okay.

    And you were actually being a tryhard in this case.


    @OP

    In most cases, i rarely see any kind of salt that the killer didn't intentionally cause by the way they played(tunneling, camping etc).

    So if you're going to tunnel, camp, or be intentionally toxic(example: DOC + Distressing/Unnerving and burning a Game Offering) then you're going to get salt at the end of the game. Same as when a killer starts spewing insults because they got looped for the whole game by one survivor with a flashlight and got no kills because of it.

    However, If you indulge an individual who is having a bad day and the only thing they can spew is hate... you can easily disarm the entire situation by killing them with kindness. "gg :)". They will just have to go on to the next game mad as hell and not having affected you a single bit. While this behavior should be punishable, It's only punished in extreme cases from what i've seen.

  • Yep. They want to get a reaction out of you. Say "Gg, hf on your next. Gl." Sometimes it even turns them friendly.

  • I had a match of Claudettes and I was Clown, I killed them, they got mad from Red Forest and messaged me for a 2v1 in a KYF, I played Micheal Myers with detection perks, I killed them fast with EW3, almost right away, they told me made up rules like I can't play Michael Myers, so I played Clown and had Franklin's Demise because they were using the rare flashlights, I killed them again and they said no Franklin's and Redhead's Pinky Finger before the match, and they tried to accuse me of lag switching in a KYF where I wasn't the one with high ping, I stopped messaging them and told them how funny I thought they were, left that at that, waste of time, they even got mad I played Legion and would DC in a KYF match, shows how toxic they are, they were bad for being prestiged and immersed.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364353#Comment_364353

    Pretty sure a bully would find that statement hilarious, but OK. Reporting is still the best way to go because it actually gets rid of them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364571#Comment_364571

    How come?

    I don't know much people from the LGBT community because they either don't feel comfortable telling me or they just don't want to tell me because they think I might judge them? So it's nice and different for someone to actually be so open. I'm a muslim but honestly, unlike some muslims, I couldn't care less if your LGBT or anything else. I can't judge you. Thanks for telling me it's a nice change.

  • @pootis_Bear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364571#Comment_364571

    @Poweas whats not surprising is that GEICO can save you 15% or more on car insurance .

    I don't drive so I couldn't care less. :P

1 2 ›