Legion Rework Idea

I really enjoy Legion. I don't run the usual cheese builds, and I enjoy the rushdown of his power. That being said, I know a lot of people cheese with him. Talking to a buddy he came up with a really good idea to rework his power a bit, while still allowing you to keep the speed/rush of his power. I added some bits/changes and discussed it with him. Figured I'd post it here.

Feral Frenzy: Feral Frenzy can no longer down a survivor, only injure. 2 repeated hits will cause fatigue as per usual. 3-4* stabs to fully apply new Deep Wounds effect. Still transitions into Killer Instinct, which stays the same. 

Deep Wounds: No longer causes the Borrowed Time bleed-out effect. Instead it will cause a massive *Begrimed* debuff. After completing the Mend action the survivor will suffer from a 10-25%* Begrimed* debuff for 30s. If the Mend bar depletes, or Legion depletes it through repeated use of Feral Frenzy then they will suffer from a 40%* *Begrimed* debuff for 1 minute*. 

Getting downed or hooked does not remove the debuff. It will count down as soon as it is applied. You cannot reapply the debuff or extend it while it is active. You can only reapply it once it wears off. 

Frank's Mixtape: Makes it so you can apply the new Deep Wounds with only 2 hits and bumps the debuff to 50%.*

This change gives Legion consistent stall while also removing the multiple stabs to down and moonwalking. You could hit with Feral and then M1 as normal to down. Moonwalking is now a part of his kit, and he can decide if it's worth doing it to apply the debuff. No more moonwalking to down. Stabbing multiple survivors would be worthwhile due to the minor debuff and the time needed to mend can be adjusted if 15 seconds is too much. 

Legion stays 110% speed. 

Also, would come with a fix to his addons which do nothing. *cough* Speed *cough*

Note: Begrimed is a stand-in status effect named after the addons that do a similar effect. This debuff cuts both healing as well as generator repair speed.

*=Needs testing, subject to change.

Comments

  • Just make the begrimed debuff until mended and consecutive hits in deep wounds increase its effect.

    Needs to be 115% otherwise this is a pretty big nerf with no increase in killing potential.

    I said previously to make mixtape into something that hinders other survivors in your terror radius after frenzy hit to chain it better.

    Should make sloppy/thanto/nurses affect mending too.

  • I like the Deep Wounds idea but I think making It 3-4 hits to activate is too much, 1 hit is good enough so that you can leave and go after other people.

    This killer needs 115%ms if his power is not lethal, otherwise he'll end up being useless.

    Also I always thought that Frank's Mixtape should allow him to see a marks, it would be nice considering Spirit has an add-on that allows her to see blood.

  • Can always adjust the numbers. I set it to 3-4 just in case, but that was his idea. I wanted 2 hits to apply personally. I suppose he could be bumped up to 115 with this change.

  • The whole reason behind it is you want them to waste time healing because it takes longer than cranking out generators. But if mending takes longer than doing gens players wont mend either. So you make them mend by putting a debuff that gets progressively worse on them. Currently it downs you if you don't but mending doesn't take long(so make mending take longer).

    Making it take multiple hits or only last 1 minute just gives survivors a longer injured state and you have to do more work just to add seconds on a gen.

    Just put it all in one hit that makes them bad if they don't heal. Lining up either slowing the game down or downs

  • Look, Legion is broken from the start. Deep Wounds will not work. No matter how you twist it, the killer is meant for hard tunneling and there is little to no counter for it. Especially when you add in things like sloppy, blood hound, etc.

    He needs a whole new power all together. Something worthy of his name.

    Ideas:

    1. Legion's power is to "duplicate" him/herself for short periods of time during a chase. If Legion engages in a chase or strikes a survivor within X range of another survivor(s), one of those "other" survivors sees an image of Legion spring forth and begin to chase them for a short time. Any skill checks attempted are very difficult, and a 25% action speed penalty is enforced. Meantime, real Legion gets a blinking red outline to his screen that intensifies as his decoy gets closer to the other survivor. Legion can choose to replace an image at any time. (Addons can extend the the range, or even number of duplicates)
    2. In conjunction with the above, Legion coats his blade with a poison that has a similar effect to the Clown's intoxication. It blurs the vision for a few seconds (addons can change the effects)

    Ideas:

    1. Legion coats his blades with a poison. When he strikes you with it, the poison begins to hinder the survivor in any one of several ways. The longer the survivor is poisoned, the worse the effects become. Survivors can cure the poison through special vials that spawn on the map. Those vials require the survivor to stop and "apply" the cure for x amount of time. The cure does not heal wounds. If the survivor avoids healing the poison, their vision can become extremely hindered.
    2. Legion has a limited set of applications of the poison, and must refill it throughout the match.

    Clearly, these need refinement, but I figure it is better than just complaining.

  • Can someone tell me what Killer Instinct is? I've seen it mentioned on legion posts many times but I still have no clue what it is. And what is begrimed?

  • @aderpymuffin said:

    Can someone tell me what Killer Instinct is? I've seen it mentioned on legion posts many times but I still have no clue what it is. And what is begrimed?

    Whenever you hit a survivor with your power for the first time, you enter Killer Instinct. You can track survivors within you TR and it refreshes your power bar. Begrimed is a debuff that lowers gen repair speed.

  • Legion is fine, legion's design is how long chases were intended in the first place so I don't get what the issue is. Are you saying that the game isn't fun the way devs envisioned it in the first place?