The Mysterious Red Hand Print
I have always asked myself, what is the origin of the red hand print on the exit gate lever? Was it created by a survivor that still is alive today, or perhaps a survivor that never was lucky enough to be resurrected upon being consumed by the Entity?

Comments
I'd like to believe it's a Call of Duty reference. But it could have been some poor desperate soul was desperately reaching for the switch, then touched it before being dragged off by a killer.
The Entity must've accidentally copied the blood mark for the later trials.
It is a hand print, most likely benidect bakers failure of escaping
Might be a way to try to scare off survivors. I mean, wouldn't you hesitate to activate a device if there was a bloody handprint on it? I know I would.
I always thought it was Benedict's hand print. Also, at first I thought this thread was about the red hand print Michael has on his shoulder. Does anyone know what that's from? I don't remember him picking up Laurie in the original film.
Some Survivor preparing to use Decisive, maybe? lmao
The entity creates things weirdly. It recycles things a lot. So it was probably a hand print of a survivor that got dragged off the exit gate lever of the first ever map the entity made. After that it used the exit gate for every map.
That would be from "LEFT 4 DEAD"
You might actually be correct ngl, it doesn't have a thumb
I'm assuming it may be Benedict or Vigo's since those 2 are the main important npcs in the game.