The Plague, maybe a bit too early to suggest changes but

Is it just me or should the corrupt fountains yield a 1 shot ability?

That would actually make it a risk to cleanse yourself, currently The Plague must meet a condition to be on par with the Huntress.... I mean why not just play the huntress then?

If the blood vomit was a one shot ability, that would make it indeed fairly risky for survivors, right now I see them just cleansing themselves with little consequences really.

Comments

  • This would completely ######### over lowlevel survivors and non-SWF teams while it wouldn't hurt high-tier survivors and SWF at all.

  • From what I have seen so far the Plague is in a really good spot at the moment. Personally I would say the is alright as she is.

    For a more detailed opinion she needs to hit the Live Server to have actual testing conditions (Plague-players and Survivors having all the Perks available they would usually use).

  • I think this is the best were going to get her, I'd love if the heal was removed from the fountains but we got to take what we can get.

    Let's just be thankful she's not low Tier, Maybe we'll see her being used in red ranks, I don't know. I feel like once survivors learn to play against her she'll be mid.

  • Having a projectile one shot would be way too much. As it stands she's pretty solid already

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    This would completely ######### over lowlevel survivors and non-SWF teams while it wouldn't hurt high-tier survivors and SWF at all.

    ermm how so?

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    I think this is the best were going to get her, I'd love if the heal was removed from the fountains but we got to take what we can get.

    Let's just be thankful she's not low Tier, Maybe we'll see her being used in red ranks, I don't know. I feel like once survivors learn to play against her she'll be mid.

    I would like to hear why you think she is not low tier and why she would be used in red ranks.

    Why would anyone use her over Huntress?

  • Hightier survivors already either don't heal at all or wait till they're fully broken. Low survivors would give the Plague instadown after instadown after instadown immediately upon being infected.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359704#Comment_359704

    Hightier survivors already either don't heal at all or wait till they're fully broken. Low survivors would give the Plague instadown after instadown after instadown immediately upon being infected.

    well, you are basically saying "new players dont know how to play yet" and yes, of course, thats how it goes with everything new, they need to learn, so I really dont know what the problem is here.

    And survivors that wait until fully broken as a reaction, well thats a choice that then carries a risk that can help the killer, more then it does now as now people just heal, big deal, the killer has to go all the way to the fountain (wasting time) just to be as good as the huntress?

    Why not just play huntress then?


    @ClogWench said:

    Having a projectile one shot would be way too much. As it stands she's pretty solid already

    remember a condition has to be met before that one shot is activated, its up to the survivors to give that condition knowingly (unlike lets say Haunted Grounds) and its just temporary, this would make it an actually choice, something survivors have to be weary off.

    I dont see how that would make it suddenly too much.

  • If you can't see how a oneshot corrupt purge would not be overpowered then nobody can help you here.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    If you can't see how a oneshot corrupt purge would not be overpowered then nobody can help you here.

    ah so you dont have an argument, just an empty statement then, very well.

    I brought forth arguments as to why its not OP and as to why it would make for more engaging gameplay and you bring...nothing, great thanks.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359818#Comment_359818

    ah so you dont have an argument, just an empty statement then, very well.

    I brought forth arguments as to why its not OP and as to why it would make for more engaging gameplay and you bring...nothing, great thanks.

    Having an ability that you can honestly grab pretty quickly in a chase, that fires 13 meters forward in a several second long stream that can go through windows, over walls, etc, to damage someone is strong. 45 seconds is a decent amount of time for that. You don't need to have a one shot for that to be powerful. Being able to instadown someone with that is stupidly broken and would need a lot of other tweaking to make fair

  • I think Corrupted Purge is already good enough at quickly downing Survivors that upgrading it to a one-shot is unnecessary. At most, I'd suggest making that an Ultra Rare add-on with downsides similar to the current Iridescent Seal.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359818#Comment_359818

    ah so you dont have an argument, just an empty statement then, very well.

    I brought forth arguments as to why its not OP and as to why it would make for more engaging gameplay and you bring...nothing, great thanks.

    I don't need arguments for a ranged easy to land instadown able to hit multiple survivors in 1 go to not be a good idea.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359829#Comment_359829

    I don't need arguments for a ranged easy to land instadown able to hit multiple survivors in 1 go to not be a good idea.

    in the rare case they are all together in one spot and stay there so you can shoot them all, which pretty much NEVER happens unless the survivors are new and well, then they will learn.

    By that logic Leatherface is OP as well because he can down all 4 survivors if they just nicely stay together in 1 place.


    To all of you, how is currently the plague with the corrupt purge as is, better then just a huntress who does not even have to bother with going to a fountain after a survivor interacted with it?

    Why not just play huntress and just down people instead of jumping through time consuming hoops to hopefully reach the same end result?

    Im repeating myself here, but IF corrupt purge was an insta down it would actually be a thing to take into account as survivor, instead of just healing because why not?.

    the insta down would still be on a timer, the insta down would still first have to be gotten by the killer which takes time and then they have to find someone while this is ticking away.


    I mean honestly if you have a problem with this idea you must have a problem with the Huntress and with Haunted Grounds right?

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359845#Comment_359845

    in the rare case they are all together in one spot and stay there so you can shoot them all, which pretty much NEVER happens unless the survivors are new and well, then they will learn.

    By that logic Leatherface is OP as well because he can down all 4 survivors if they just nicely stay together in 1 place.

    To all of you, how is currently the plague with the corrupt purge as is, better then just a huntress who does not even have to bother with going to a fountain after a survivor interacted with it?

    Why not just play huntress and just down people instead of jumping through time consuming hoops to hopefully reach the same end result?

    Im repeating myself here, but IF corrupt purge was an insta down it would actually be a thing to take into account as survivor, instead of just healing because why not?.

    the insta down would still be on a timer, the insta down would still first have to be gotten by the killer which takes time and then they have to find someone while this is ticking away.

    I mean honestly if you have a problem with this idea you must have a problem with the Huntress and with Haunted Grounds right?

    LF cannot instadown multiple survivors that are just in the vincinity of each other, they'd have to be clumped up literally. If 2 or more survivors are within 13 metres of each other you can get multiple hits with corrupt purge.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359932#Comment_359932

    LF cannot instadown multiple survivors that are just in the vincinity of each other, they'd have to be clumped up literally. If 2 or more survivors are within 13 metres of each other you can get multiple hits with corrupt purge.

    idk how much experience you have with it but its really not that ez and all survivors just have to do as they do with Legion, spread out, run in different directions, problem solved.

  • Lol no. If you play decently with this killer and get to find a good build that works well on her you shouldn't have issues with a 3-4k.

  • From what I've been hearing she's going to be a little weaker in the live update, I heard she'll be slower while having Corrupt Purge giving her Huntress speed. She'll be weaker at loops with this but it gives her more counterplay and makes Bamboozle and Brutal Strength really strong on her.

  • @HatCreature said:

    From what I've been hearing she's going to be a little weaker in the live update, I heard she'll be slower while having Corrupt Purge giving her Huntress speed. She'll be weaker at loops with this but it gives her more counterplay and makes Bamboozle and Brutal Strength really strong on her.

    So this is the direction the devs are going. Ppl on PBT: she kinda needs a buff.

    Devs: let's nerf this shizzz


    Where do you have that info from.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360220#Comment_360220

    So this is the direction the devs are going. Ppl on PBT: she kinda needs a buff.

    Devs: let's nerf this shizzz

    Where do you have that info from.

    Paulie Esther and TheKing on Youtube, heard it from one more place but don't remember where from.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360220#Comment_360220

    So this is the direction the devs are going. Ppl on PBT: she kinda needs a buff.

    Devs: let's nerf this shizzz

    Where do you have that info from.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMIUnCmlPE 1:49:00 I was a bit off on the details but they said they were reducing her speed within the hour and 49 minute mark.

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/360229#Comment_360229

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMIUnCmlPE 1:49:00 I was a bit off on the details but they said they were reducing her speed within the hour and 49 minute mark.

    5% movement speed loss for 15 seconds, wow totally worth it...NOT

  • You cant insta down someone at full health even with corrupt purge, it has to be 2 streams