Have you recently noticed.......

On ps4...i have recently noticed, when the Killer isn't overly having a good game, i get to the gate, along with others, even trying to open the hate and the Killer will DC, before i can even get out the Killer will DC because of their bad game, but this has been a recent increase recently. If i do a bad game i accept it, yes sure there maybe some cussing, some ritualistic happenings but why? the survs have done good, let them have their points!

Comments

  • I don’t condone dcing. But I understand why a killer would. Have you met some of the a-holes in the fog? Especially swf. It’s one thing to want to survive, it’s another when they go out of their way to make you miserable.

    For the record, that’s still a person playing a killer. Treat others as you would want to be treated.

  • @pemberley the killer is just closing the application/ejecting disc not just hitting leave game. Regardless of if you lose you shouldn’t deny blood points/shards to others.

  • On the PS4, if the killer DCs the survivors lose all the points they obtained in the entire game. On the PC, the survivors get to keep their points AND get 5000 survival points.

    How is that fair?

  • Yes, also i have to now just haul ass out the exit gates, just in-case the Killer decides to DC and i loose my hard earned points, esp if i have used streamers or cake....i am the sort that will go back for others if i can, NOED doesn't bother me, but recently it's been a case of even pulling the exit gate open and some DC....i think Killers just need to take in their stride....just move on to the next game, swallow the fact it was a bad game and move on...if i am slugged or tunnelled i just move on straight away to the next game if i am killed...sure i am not happy about it but just move on....people do earn their points

  • @Mushwin said:

    Yes, also i have to now just haul ass out the exit gates, just in-case the Killer decides to DC and i loose my hard earned points, esp if i have used streamers or cake....i am the sort that will go back for others if i can, NOED doesn't bother me, but recently it's been a case of even pulling the exit gate open and some DC....i think Killers just need to take in their stride....just move on to the next game, swallow the fact it was a bad game and move on...if i am slugged or tunnelled i just move on straight away to the next game if i am killed...sure i am not happy about it but just move on....people do earn their points

    Consoles generally attract a younger audience from what I can tell. Perhaps there's just been an increase in children too spoiled to not know that it's okay to lose?

  • If you manage to open the exit gates and nobody has been sacrificed, it is best to forgo the traditional 100 teabags and leave immediately. If the killers hasn't fully sacrificed anyone there is a high chance the killer will pull his Ethernet cable out to deny you your points.

    If somebody is on a hook you should leave them dangling just in case someone rescues them and forces the rage quit.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @pemberley the killer is just closing the application/ejecting disc not just hitting leave game. Regardless of if you lose you shouldn’t deny blood points/shards to others.

    In my experience (on ps4,) the killer dcs because other survivors (I personally try not to be toxic) are purposely denying the killer points and being mean to boot. Yeah sure some killer dcs are rage quits, but I think most are people at their breaking point, the match was so miserable for them that ultimately sticking it to those nasty survivors is worth more than losing a meager sum of blood points.

    I don’t condone dcs, but I am much more sympathetic to killers doing it because as a killer and someone who solos, I can tell you survivors are more nasty than the actual killer (and some definitely deserve a comeuppance.)

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359051#Comment_359051

    In my experience (on ps4,) the killer dcs because other survivors (I personally try not to be toxic) are purposely denying the killer points and being mean to boot. Yeah sure some killer dcs are rage quits, but I think most are people at their breaking point, the match was so miserable for them that ultimately sticking it to those nasty survivors is worth more than losing a meager sum of blood points.

    I don’t condone dcs, but I am much more sympathetic to killers doing it because as a killer and someone who solos, I can tell you survivors are more nasty than the actual killer (and some definitely deserve a comeuppance.)

    @pemberley As an added bonus, I could've sworn that if you DC n console as a killer there's a small chance that you could actually destroy the survivors's consoles somehow.

    I understand full-well that some entitled brats will abuse this out of spite "I didn't get my 4k so I don't want anyone to win! Weh!" However I can only hope that someday a toxic survivor's console will get corrupted so that console will be a little bit better.

  • @Peasant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359572#Comment_359572

    @pemberley As an added bonus, I could've sworn that if you DC n console as a killer there's a small chance that you could actually destroy the survivors's consoles somehow.

    I understand full-well that some entitled brats will abuse this out of spite "I didn't get my 4k so I don't want anyone to win! Weh!" However I can only hope that someday a toxic survivor's console will get corrupted so that console will be a little bit better.

    I haven’t heard this. I personally hope that’s not true (even if some would rightly deserve that) because I have limited funds and can’t afford to fix or get another console (especially with ps5 around the corner.)

    I do think that there is a small chance you can steal survivors’ items, that’s happened to me before when a killer dced and I tragically lost my flashlight or broken key (usually the items I bring because one sucks and I can’t use a flashlight to save my life - I am also hoarding keys, kits, and toolboxes for “when I need them” and for that dang trap door trophy.)

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/359578#Comment_359578

    I haven’t heard this. I personally hope that’s not true (even if some would rightly deserve that) because I have limited funds and can’t afford to fix or get another console (especially with ps5 around the corner.)

    I do think that there is a small chance you can steal survivors’ items, that’s happened to me before when a killer dced and I tragically lost my flashlight or broken key (usually the items I bring because one sucks and I can’t use a flashlight to save my life - I am also hoarding keys, kits, and toolboxes for “when I need them” and for that dang trap door trophy.)

    @pemberley I'm part of the "PC Master Race" so I don't know a whole lot about DBD on consoles, but I could've sworn someone said that there's a small chance that if the killer DCs on PS4 there is a small chance of something important getting corrupted. I can't recall if they were talking about the game's save file (all of their progress gone would suck) or something more generally important.

  • It's funny you say this, as it happened to me last night.

    I was trying to get 'Adept Laurie Strode' and just as I was about 70% done with opening an exit gate the game crashed as the person playing as The Huntress disconnected. She didn't get a single down the entire match, but nobody was being a troll and I was in a lobby with randoms. What's funny is she kept seeing my aura because of 'Object of Obsession' yet she couldn't ever seem to down me, even with Laurie being the loudest injured character in the game. She just had no reason to disconnect. We won fair and square.

  • Could be salt.

    Could be because it's easier for them to just quit than to spend 5 minutes running around the map trying to chase the survivors out because they won't leave, then waste even more time when the tryhard DS user decides they want the hatch instead and expects the killer to wait another few minutes while they find it.

    Some will d/c regardless. I think it would happen less though if a majority of survivors weren't toxic at the end.

  • @pemberley I play both side and yes survivors also dc and that can completely screw over a team. I also play solo mostly, and I still see more killers who dc, I actually see more killers dc.

  • I don’t condone dcing period for either side for whatever reason you “feel” like is justifiable. Can’t wait for dedicated servers. Maybe they’ll stop doing it so much. Either way dcing doesn’t make you a better player, just a lousy one.

  • Some people can't accept defeat.

    They act like this game is doing house chores or something instead stop caring about escaping and getting a 4K and just play the game for fun

    SimplisticRadiantGraysquirrel-size_restricted.gif


  • @pemberley said:

    I don’t condone dcing. But I understand why a killer would. Have you met some of the a-holes in the fog? Especially swf. It’s one thing to want to survive, it’s another when they go out of their way to make you miserable.

    For the record, that’s still a person playing a killer. Treat others as you would want to be treated.

    The only thing to understand about someone DC'ing is that they are a spoiled brat that can't take an L. Doesn't matter what survivors did throughout the game, if you can't take an L you shouldn't be playing an online multiplayer game. They should go play My Little Pony Island Adventure 3 where they won't get their precious feelings hurt.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/358867#Comment_358867

    The only thing to understand about someone DC'ing is that they are a spoiled brat that can't take an L. Doesn't matter what survivors did throughout the game, if you can't take an L you shouldn't be playing an online multiplayer game. They should go play My Little Pony Island Adventure 3 where they won't get their precious feelings hurt.

    A question: does this also apply to salty survivors who would rather dc than take a hook? Doesn’t matter what a killer did, if you can’t take an L go play Barbies, right?

    My point stands: treat others as how you would like to be treated. There’s no glory in being toxic little poop stains. And there is a significant difference between taking an L and having to suffer sore winners and they’re incredibly unsportsmanlike behavior. In the end, it’s still 4 people vs 1 person.