Forgot why self care is a must as solo

Most people run away when they unhook you and refuse to heal.

Comments

  • Most people wont even heal you at all. I dont think people realize its quicker than self caring in a corner

  • I tend to use Bond and generally if I crouch next to someone while injured they'll stop and heal me.

  • @ClogWench said:

    I tend to use Bond and generally if I crouch next to someone while injured they'll stop and heal me.

    Sometimes they won't stop and they just keep running. I am playing without perks atm so no bond for me, nor sc. Until patch comes.

  • That's because most people are idiots.

    I heal everyone I see. Helps them last longer in a chase which buys the team more time and it's easy points for me.

    However these days I'll try to get them to follow me after an unhook since I know the direction the killer went in and I want them to run the other way. Some insist on running straight towards the killer though. Those people are on their own.

  • Maybe it is a good thing they are doing something about ranking. I mean these people are in red ranks and they do so many dumb things. I see it when I play killer too. Last game Meghead tried to vault over bamboozled window. Oh my dear God. Red rank and doesn't know about bamboozle.

  • Sometimes unhooking and healing right away isn't optimal if the Killer makes a mad dash back or faked leaving the area.


    I run We'll Make It so it's not usually a problem but a LOT of people I unhook run away too...

  • Most people run away when they unhook you and refuse to heal.

    Everyone assumes you have SC, thats why you need to take SC basically.

  • @Master

    And past the noob ranks everybody is right to assume it in 90% of the cases.

    Global pick rate is at 84-86% (I am not sure, but do 2% matter?^^).

    So at high ranks you can expect it to be even higher, because more peopl ehave access to use it.

  • I'll usually run from the hook in case the killer is coming back. If not I stop and heal up. I at least want to get to a safe spot first though.

  • I heal most of the time. If we are getting hooked faster than we are getting gens done I might leave you if you have SC or a kit, but I rather you be able to take one more hit than get chased again for making noise or bleeding everywhere. Then again you have people that run away and keep running. I used to run WMI but I rarely got to put it to good use.

  • I use SC all the time and I heal most likely multiple time every match.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Master

    And past the noob ranks everybody is right to assume it in 90% of the cases.

    Global pick rate is at 84-86% (I am not sure, but do 2% matter?^^).

    So at high ranks you can expect it to be even higher, because more peopl ehave access to use it.

    Well ######### happens with OP perks like that and I run SC on every build, I tried without but you always end up chasing some idiot mate for a minute until he realizes

  • I have the opposite problem. Survivors I unhook run to the moon to heal. Even when the Killer is quite obviously on the other side of the map chasing someone.

    I understand moving away from the hook for a bit of cover, but running to a tree against the opposite wall of the map is just unnecessary.

  • @Eveline said:

    Maybe it is a good thing they are doing something about ranking. I mean these people are in red ranks and they do so many dumb things. I see it when I play killer too. Last game Meghead tried to vault over bamboozled window. Oh my dear God. Red rank and doesn't know about bamboozle.

    Lots of red ranks dont know how to loop properly either. I've had a lot of survivors just sling it down after first loop.

  • I stopped using this perk though

  • I completely stopped using selfcare, adrenalin and dead hard equipped and unless it's a damn good nurse you should be able to run a killer for at least 60 second while beeing injured. Enough time for your teammates (unless the urban evade at the corner of the map).

  • I run bond and find people later. I'll also run DH and Iron Will.

  • I'm not wasting 32-40 seconds healing. I'd rather just play injured.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I'm not wasting 32-40 seconds healing. I'd rather just play injured.

    It's so boring to heal yourself and takes so long. xD I'd rather have something I can use while injured and something for information (bond). Knowing where the team is and what they're doing is far more important to me than being able to heal myself.

  • I started using iron will, balanced landing, adrenaline, and empathy in my solo build and I’ve been escaping a lot more lately. (Hardly ran sc before anyway)

  • Bruh I’ll bring a medkit instead when I don’t run sc and the killer brings franklins (I guess Bc they assume it’s an instaheal, but it’s just charges) also Bc other teammates bring items but I’m just trying to touch myself yo. I’m not complaining, just saying. Can’t blame them when they see items to assume the worst.

  • I've not used SC in years. Felt like I could become a better player by not relying on it.

  • Screw it, I started replacing it with perks that benefit if I'm injured or to ninja my way out of a tight spot.

  • I just play injured, I'm a decent enough survivor to manage to loop the killer while injured. Unless it's a Nurse or Spirit.

  • Nine times out of ten the killer is going to stay close enough to the hook that you'll struggle to heal the unhooked survivor even if you were running We'll Make It. That's why I stopped running that perk.


  • @KingB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/356239#Comment_356239

    Lots of red ranks dont know how to loop properly either. I've had a lot of survivors just sling it down after first loop.

    I am one of them. I play rank 1, but i can´t loop. Mainly, because its boring and i dont want to learn it. I rather try to juke the killer.

    But since i know i suck at chases, i try to avoid them. Thats why i run from the hook, no matter if i am unhooked or unhook someone else. Because not being found is my main defense.

  • Never used self care. Urban Evasion, Quick 'n Quiet, Dance with Me and Lithe. Love that combo <3

  • Lithe will finally be worth using now that it no longer requires a chase.

  • Ya'll must love hearing that annoying booming music that plays while you're injured. Good luck. I'll keep my Self Care.

  • Botany and sc makes it a little bit faster so it doesn't take too much time. I can play injured but I always feel it is better if I am healed unless it's Legion or killer is chasing someone else so I can do gens.

  • I am playing with no perks for a while now and it helped me see how you just can't depend on teammates at all.