Buff to Thanatophobia = nerf to No Mither

Don't get me wrong, Than needed the buff. But making No Mither even worse? And no buff to Resilience? Come on.

Comments

  • First off what did you expect. Secondly you're already putting your team at a disadvantage by running No Mither, it's a perk just for challenging yourself. That means dealing with all the weaknesses associated with being injured.

  • I like the buff but yes Resilience should have got some love. Let the no mither user die LOL!

  • Does anyone in their right mind even use no mither?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Does anyone in their right mind even use no mither?

    I haven't unlocked it yet but I really want to play No Mither with Object of Obsession, also I love playing No Mither and find out that the Killer has Thana, it's so funny because I know I'm a burden XD

  • "Thanatophobia: Tier values are incremented at a rate of 4/5/6% up to a maximum of 16/20/24%."

    It's actually neutral to No Mither because with 1 injured it's still 6%, same as before. It's only after they get a second person injured that it is has a greater effect.

  • @ClogWench said:

    First off what did you expect. Secondly you're already putting your team at a disadvantage by running No Mither, it's a perk just for challenging yourself. That means dealing with all the weaknesses associated with being injured.

    What do you mean what did I expect? I expect that the devs probably shouldn't create perks that force solo survivors, who are already at a disadvantage, to be further disadvantaged if their teammate(s) decide to run certain perks. Now it'll be even worse. At the very least they could have made it so the % decrease caused by survivors in Broken status only applies to that survivor. Imagine being teamed up with a 3 man SWF using No Mither against Thanatophobia? Might as well DC immediately.

    No Mither is a poorly designed perk and it being dubbed as "hard mode" is a cop out.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    I like the buff but yes Resilience should have got some love. Let the no mither user die LOL!

    Might as well honestly. They're a hinderence to the team (except in the rare cases they are a god in chases and get the killer to tunnel them forever).

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351532#Comment_351532

    What do you mean what did I expect? I expect that the devs probably shouldn't create perks that force solo survivors, who are already at a disadvantage, to be further disadvantaged if their teammate(s) decide to run certain perks. Now it'll be even worse. At the very least they could have made it so the % decrease caused by survivors in Broken status only applies to that survivor. Imagine being teamed up with a 3 man SWF using No Mither against Thanatophobia? Might as well DC immediately.

    No Mither is a poorly designed perk and it being dubbed as "hard mode" is a cop out.

    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Thanatophobia has been in the game longer than David so that's more on the fault of them making No Mither. I agree it sucks having someone with it on your team but considering it's not common AND it's even less common to encounter both perks, it just sounds like you're making a chicken out of a feather here. It's not that big of a problem dude.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351609#Comment_351609

    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Thanatophobia has been in the game longer than David so that's more on the fault of them making No Mither. I agree it sucks having someone with it on your team but considering it's not common AND it's even less common to encounter both perks, it just sounds like you're making a chicken out of a feather here. It's not that big of a problem dude.

    Not everything needs to be a "big" problem. Little would be changed if people didn't talk about the smaller issues, too. Irridescent hatchets are rare but that doesn't make them any less broken when you're unfortunate enough to run into them.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351626#Comment_351626

    Not everything needs to be a "big" problem. Little would be changed if people didn't talk about the smaller issues, too. Irridescent hatchets are rare but that doesn't make them any less broken when you're unfortunate enough to run into them.

    They also have a weakness. Like okay some perks are gonna make other perks less effective. Are you gonna complain that Hangman's Trick ruins Saboteur? That Predator ruins Lightweight? Streetwise and Overwhelming Presence?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351532#Comment_351532

    What do you mean what did I expect? I expect that the devs probably shouldn't create perks that force solo survivors, who are already at a disadvantage, to be further disadvantaged if their teammate(s) decide to run certain perks. Now it'll be even worse. At the very least they could have made it so the % decrease caused by survivors in Broken status only applies to that survivor. Imagine being teamed up with a 3 man SWF using No Mither against Thanatophobia? Might as well DC immediately.

    No Mither is a poorly designed perk and it being dubbed as "hard mode" is a cop out.

    Oh stop with the poor solo survivors schtick. They aren't poor or disadvantaged. It's just that SWF is so braindead broken it makes solo survivors look poor in comparison.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351633#Comment_351633

    They also have a weakness. Like okay some perks are gonna make other perks less effective. Are you gonna complain that Hangman's Trick ruins Saboteur? That Predator ruins Lightweight? Streetwise and Overwhelming Presence?

    No, because those perks directly counter each other? That's part of why they exist. Does No Mither need a counter?

    No reason to change the subject.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Does anyone in their right mind even use no mither?

    Me, Mr Dwight. ME. For the fun of it!! ๐Ÿ‘น

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351609#Comment_351609

    Oh stop with the poor solo survivors schtick. They aren't poor or disadvantaged. It's just that SWF is so braindead broken it makes solo survivors look poor in comparison.

    To keep it a 100 the first people to mention "solo" survivors as a reason to buff or keep something weak in their defense are the first people to hop right in SWF knowing to do so means their group is that much stronger.

    To keep it at 100 I literally never play SWF because none of my friends play DBD and I'm not interested in playing with strangers.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351644#Comment_351644

    No, because those perks directly counter each other? That's part of why they exist. Does No Mither need a counter?

    No reason to change the subject.

    If you're running No Mither you're running it to make things harder, plain and simple. That means you make grunts. That means you can be one shot. That means you afflict Thanatophobia by default if the killer has it. Deal with it. Besides, as has already been pointed out, it doesn't actually change the value from what it was before.

  • Oh no not No Mither!

    Not no mither!!

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351651#Comment_351651

    If you're running No Mither you're running it to make things harder, plain and simple. That means you make grunts. That means you can be one shot. That means you afflict Thanatophobia by default if the killer has it. Deal with it. Besides, as has already been pointed out, it doesn't actually change the value from what it was before.

    I ignored that because it doesn't make sense logically. The percentages increase twice as fast. That the first injury is still the same is irrelevant.

  • The fact that everybody here instantly dismisses this as a problem because No Mither is a joke kind of just proves my point. The solution is not to say "oh well LOL don't run No Mither." The solution is for the devs to make every perk, add on, killer, item, etc worthy of being used.


    This is like when people ask for broken keys and maps to be buffed and 10 people jump in to say "JUST USE A TOOLBOX LOL"

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    The fact that everybody here instantly dismisses this as a problem because No Mither is a joke kind of just proves my point. The solution is not to say "oh well LOL don't run No Mither." The solution is for the devs to make every perk, add on, killer, item, etc worthy of being used.

    This is like when people ask for broken keys and maps to be buffed and 10 people jump in to say "JUST USE A TOOLBOX LOL"

    It has a purpose worth using and that's enabling a higher difficulty. Just cause you don't find it worth running doesn't mean it isn't.

  • I wonder if there's a correlation between people who complain about tHe MeTa and people who are dismissive when someone wants bad perks and items made decent? If No Mither was a perk worth using, it would mean more one hit downs. If broken keys and maps were decent it would mean slower gens and less flashlights and instaheals.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I wonder if there's a correlation between people who complain about tHe MeTa and people who are dismissive when someone wants bad perks and items made decent? If No Mither was a perk worth using, it would mean more one hit downs. If broken keys and maps were decent it would mean slower gens and less flashlights and instaheals.

    Listen I'm all here for bad perks getting buffed(like Thanatophobia) but No Mither is literally there for the sake of making things harder. Arguing about that is moot because they're not gonna change that. At most I've heard they want to get rid of the intense music you hear while injured from NM users but that's it.

  • Isn't No Mither the "Challenge yourself" Perk?

    Well, challenge yourself! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • Nobody uses No Mither anyway because it's not worth it, so who cares.

  • *Yawn* Original thoughts are scant round these parts.

  • Thanatophpbia Needed that buff .. And I like That they Nerfed No mither even more so less noobs would use it ๐Ÿ˜†

    The only Time I used it was to get the Adept David Trophy .. majority of the time Killer won't ever Slug a No mither so it's Pretty useless at the state it were idk what nerf it even got .. still just downloaded the PTB n will test it now ๐Ÿ˜