Wait this change doesn't make sense.
- Devout Scoring: The scoring thresholds have been modified. 3 kills now also result in a Silver emblem, whereas 4 kills results in Gold. To earn an Iridescent Devout emblem, you need to perform 10 or more hook events and sacrifice all 4 Survivors.
So you are telling me that if i 1 hook kill survivors cause they don't save, I lose points now too? In fact 2 hooking all of them still loses you points.
Please stop. Just stop this #########.
edit: To expand. Please stop taking my point scoring out of my hands, and letting the survivors dictate how many points I, as a killer, earn in a match.
Comments
Maybe not the exact route I would have taken but considering the complaints about it being way too easy to rank up, I think this is a decent change.
No, because it takes the scoring out of my hands, and puts it on the survivors.
I wonder if this will mess up my "Rank 1 with no Sacrifice" experiment...
@SmokePotion while i understand you being upset about potentially not pipping does it really matter? Rank rewards nothing so unless it is an ego/bragging rights thing does it really matter?
Yeah, this change is dumb and easily exploitable by salty Survivors. I'm hoping that it stays in the PTB.
Rank doesn't matter anyway so who cares
Considering they are very clearly trying to fix the "no one cares about rank except the people who can't hit rank 1" situation. yes, I'de say it does matter, and this was a bad choice in a noble effort.
I agree. With the changes to pip requirements it will make it impossible to get to red ranks.
Rank matters for survivors because low rank survivor is a nightmare. It's just killers who tunnel the hell out of the first person they find, or they get looped all game. Also you get potato teammates. Its much more fun being purple to red rank.
I don't think it had anything to do with people not caring about rank. I think this is more to fix match making.
Their change to pipping is hilarious...I mean what does it really accomplish? Enjoy the lonely top I guess
Thank god it's only killer that got hit hard with the ranking difficulty then. And it means at rank 1 you'll be facing more skilled killers and less campers.
No it means you're facing killers that had the luxury of not having survivors DC against them constantly.
Good luck playing Nurse or Legion now.
So you're facing killers who will likely play well against you at rank 1
No you're facing killers who were lucky. Survivors DC for all sorts of reasons. You can play well or play like an a-hole, if survivors don't DC then you are more likely to rank up.
This change
But now it's harder to rank up, you lose points for camping and you need to get more hooks in general. It means red rank killers would have had to work harder to get there than before.
It's the victory cube all over again.