An Idea to give slow killers more map presence.

So we all know that currently the only ones able to put up real pressure against very good survivors are both billy and nurse due to their mobility.


How would it be if we gave killers the option of exiting the map at certain points, similar to the gates and come out on the opposite end. This would of course not be an instant-transmission but take them a good while. For example let's say we're on Swamp and Billy would take 30 seconds from 1 end to the other, the door could take let's just throw a number: 20 seconds of transitioning time (or opening it or offering something to the entity etc etc)


This may sound OP at first glance but think about this, the killer during this transition has no chance of running into any survivors that are in either the middle of the map or for example going for a save.

Comments

  • Like Pacman? Those numbers are too high, though. I get they're just examples, but such a transition would need to be near-instantaneous for it to be worthwhile.

  • You can run around almost every map in 30 seconds as a killer. Even the slow ones. Not sure what the difference would be in running in a straight line and searching for on eof the special doors or whatever and then waiting 30 seconds.

    Seems like it would waste more time than it would save.

  • @Orion said:

    Like Pacman? Those numbers are too high, though. I get they're just examples, but such a transition would need to be near-instantaneous for it to be worthwhile.

    I am too lazy to go ingame right now to check the time it takes to travel from 1 end to the next as nurse.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348242#Comment_348242

    I am too lazy to go ingame right now to check the time it takes to travel from 1 end to the next as nurse.

    I'm guessing somewhere around 20 seconds.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    You can run around almost every map in 30 seconds as a killer. Even the slow ones. Not sure what the difference would be in running in a straight line and searching for on eof the special doors or whatever and then waiting 30 seconds.

    Seems like it would waste more time than it would save.

    I just threw around an idea to give the slow killers more mobility, those numbers are just placeholders, if I were a dev I'd literally test nurse traveling speed and adjust by those numbers and even set it a little lower since the possibility of missing survivors on the way should offset the speedadvantage by alot anyways.

  • https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Realms

    Look at Ironworks of misery. It is 10k m2

    Which means it takes 100 meter to go from one end to the other.

    Slow killers (I am gonna assume you are talking about 110 and 115% ms) takes something like 21 seconds.

    Spirit with full phase will take something like 13-14 seconds (It is not gonna be enough for her power though)

    Billy will take 10 seconds (230% ms)

    I think the idea is good but those numbers really don't add up much.

  • @Delfador said:

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Realms

    Look at Ironworks of misery. It is 10k m2

    Which means it takes 100 meter to go from one end to the other.

    Slow killers (I am gonna assume you are talking about 110 and 115% ms) takes something like 21 seconds.

    Spirit with full phase will take something like 13-14 seconds (It is not gonna be enough for her power though)

    Billy will take 10 seconds (230% ms)

    I think the idea is good but those numbers really don't add up much.

    Slow killers have 110% movement speed. 115% is the default.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348263#Comment_348263

    Slow killers have 110% movement speed. 115% is the default.

    Yeah but when it comes to map pressure, slow and 'fast' killers are more or less the same. I am pretty sure he is talking about leatherface too even though he has 115% ms.

  • @Delfador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348265#Comment_348265

    Yeah but when it comes to map pressure, slow and 'fast' killers are more or less the same. I am pretty sure he is talking about leatherface too even though he has 115% ms.

    That 5% difference might not seem like much, but it actually makes all the difference in the world.

  • @Delfador said:

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Realms

    Look at Ironworks of misery. It is 10k m2

    Which means it takes 100 meter to go from one end to the other.

    Slow killers (I am gonna assume you are talking about 110 and 115% ms) takes something like 21 seconds.

    Spirit with full phase will take something like 13-14 seconds (It is not gonna be enough for her power though)

    Billy will take 10 seconds (230% ms)

    I think the idea is good but those numbers really don't add up much.

    I already stated to please disregard the numbers, they were just thrown there.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348282#Comment_348282

    That 5% difference might not seem like much, but it actually makes all the difference in the world.

    'When it comes to looping'

    I tried to explain it in one of my comments but If I am wrong, you can correct me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/338511#Comment_338511