When you are facecamped and one hooked...

But you are the only one that pipped. :D

Comments

  • Nothing infuriates me more than watching the other Survivors fall like 9-pins and no one else is doing gens. Then, when the killer finally finds me and I lead them on 5+ minute chase, no gens get done then either. Like, ######### are you even doing, you boosted apes?

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Nothing infuriates me more than watching the other Survivors fall like 9-pins and no one else is doing gens. Then, when the killer finally finds me and I lead them on 5+ minute chase, no gens get done then either. Like, ######### are you even doing, you boosted apes?

    I don't know about you, but I never took a course in electrical engineering.

  • Just curious. How did you know the others didn’t PIP?

  • They had sub 10k points at the end.

  • Points mean nothing towards a pip anymore, I have pipped with under 10k points before and not pipped with 15k.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Points mean nothing towards a pip anymore, I have pipped with under 10k points before and not pipped with 15k.

    Edit:Double post

  • Points don’t equate to a PIP.. They haven’t for a very long time. I’ve ranked up with 6k, and safety’d with 17k.

  • They didn't do anything so it's very likely they didn't pip. I did 2 gens myself others none. One suicided other two were hooked a few times and I saved them until he got me. I ended up with 16k. Others 3-8k.


    Blendette was teabagging me from the distance I thought she found a hatch but didn't. She got karmic justice later.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Nothing infuriates me more than watching the other Survivors fall like 9-pins and no one else is doing gens. Then, when the killer finally finds me and I lead them on 5+ minute chase, no gens get done then either. Like, ######### are you even doing, you boosted apes?

    They are repeatedly failing the same generator

  • Facecamping is not a thing anymore.

  • @DocOctober said:

    Facecamping is not a thing anymore.

    I’ve been seeing it a few times in red ranks lately.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Nothing infuriates me more than watching the other Survivors fall like 9-pins and no one else is doing gens. Then, when the killer finally finds me and I lead them on 5+ minute chase, no gens get done then either. Like, ######### are you even doing, you boosted apes?

    this is so true 😂

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343496#Comment_343496

    I’ve been seeing it a few times in red ranks lately.

    You've seen killers position themselves in such a way that the "Unhook" interaction does not pop up?

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343496#Comment_343496

    I’ve been seeing it a few times in red ranks lately.

    What you've been seeing is not facecamping. Facecamping has a clear definition: blocking the unhook prompt for Survivors. That is no longer possible since swivel Hooks were introduced.

  • You know what I meant. Why can't facecamping mean standing in front of the hooked survivor? What word would you use?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343505#Comment_343505

    You've seen killers position themselves in such a way that the "Unhook" interaction does not pop up?

    As close to that strict “I need to be right” definition as you have as possible. Standing right in front of the hook and not moving till the person is sacrificed.

  • @Eveline said:

    You know what I meant. Why can't facecamping mean standing in front of the hooked survivor? What word would you use?

    Because the definition is already taken.

    I'd use hard camping. That would be the proper term we used back in the day.

  • And who took it? Random person on the internet.

  • @Eveline said:

    And who took it? Random person on the internet.

    Like all definitions in all languages, it was community consensus.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343505#Comment_343505

    You've seen killers position themselves in such a way that the "Unhook" interaction does not pop up?

    As close to that strict “I need to be right” definition as you have as possible. Standing right in front of the hook and not moving till the person is sacrificed.


    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343536#Comment_343536

    Like all definitions in all languages, it was community consensus.

    Which can change when the ability to what it used to be used for is no longer strictly possible. And like all words, their meanings can change with the times.

  • I am still using facecamping for "standing close to hooked survivor". Sue me. :P

  • @Eveline said:

    And who took it? Random person on the internet.

    No it was a term used since DBD launched by the players and the devs for the act of blocking the hook so the prompt could not appear.

    since blocking the prompt itself is no longer possible, the term face camping is no longer used by those who knew what it actually was.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343536#Comment_343536

    No it was a term used since DBD launched by the players and the devs for the act of blocking the hook so the prompt could not appear.

    since blocking the prompt itself is no longer possible, the term face camping is no longer used by those who knew what it actually was.

    And is instead used by people who understand that language is fluid and understand that the meaning has changed to represent the closest version of the act of rwhoch it was coined.


  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343558#Comment_343558

    And is instead used by people who understand that language is fluid and understand that the meaning has changed to represent the closest version of the act of rwhoch it was coined.

    Well the act people use it for now was refered to as hard camping, its more than likely used by people who dont have the knowledge of the past and understand why it was actually referred to as face camping before.

    If you ever saw what face camping was you would understand more, you used to be able to stand just inside the body of the survivor literally face to face blocking the unhook prompt, it made it impossible to save, hence the term, you may call it what you like of course but it doesnt change the fact that face camping in this game by its original definition is no longer possible.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Nothing infuriates me more than watching the other Survivors fall like 9-pins and no one else is doing gens. Then, when the killer finally finds me and I lead them on 5+ minute chase, no gens get done then either. Like, ######### are you even doing, you boosted apes?

    I always suicide in such a case^^

  • I didn't play then but I know about previous face camping term and what it meant. I still don't see why can't it have different meaning.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343571#Comment_343571

    Well the act people use it for now was refered to as hard camping, its more than likely used by people who dont have the knowledge of the past and understand why it was actually referred to as face camping before.

    If you ever saw what face camping was you would understand more, you used to be able to stand just inside the body of the survivor literally face to face blocking the unhook prompt, it made it impossible to save, hence the term, you may call it what you like of course but it doesnt change the fact that face camping in this game by its original definition is no longer possible.

    I know what it was. And I know what it is now. Definitions change. Clinging to one because it used to be one thing that doesn’t exist anymore and trying to insult people for using a term that can still be applied to the closest act is just elitist and showing that for some reason you cannot allow a made up term’s definition change to fit the new dynamic for some reason.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343587#Comment_343587

    I know what it was. And I know what it is now. Definitions change. Clinging to one because it used to be one thing that doesn’t exist anymore and trying to insult people for using a term that can still be applied to the closest act is just elitist and showing that for some reason you cannot allow a made up term’s definition change to fit the new dynamic for some reason.

    Acknowledging history is not elitist. Not doing so is how we end up with people who don't remember that survivors were the first side to become overwhelmingly toxic, until killers had had enough and responded in kind, thus leading to the false conclusion that both sides are equally to blame.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343594#Comment_343594

    Acknowledging history is not elitist. Not doing so is how we end up with people who don't remember that survivors were the first side to become overwhelmingly toxic, until killers had had enough and responded in kind, thus leading to the false conclusion that both sides are equally to blame.

    Using imhistory as a “back when this was a thing so we used this term and we can only ever use it for this thing even though that thing doesn’t even exist anymore so we can no longer use that term” argument is elitist because it says that only certain people have a right to use that term because onlybthey experiences it and the term cannot change to suit the new mechanic.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343599#Comment_343599

    Using imhistory as a “back when this was a thing so we used this term and we can only ever use it for this thing even though that thing doesn’t even exist anymore so we can no longer use that term” argument is elitist because it says that only certain people have a right to use that term because onlybthey experiences it and the term cannot change to suit the new mechanic.

    Except that the thing you're describing already has a word (hard camping), and even words denoting things that no longer exist have their use.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343602#Comment_343602

    Except that the thing you're describing already has a word (hard camping), and even words denoting things that no longer exist have their use.

    I hate to break it to you, but i’ve Never seen or heard the term hard camping since I’ve been playing.


    I think the community may have taken face camping and adjusted it without your consent.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343587#Comment_343587

    I know what it was. And I know what it is now. Definitions change. Clinging to one because it used to be one thing that doesn’t exist anymore and trying to insult people for using a term that can still be applied to the closest act is just elitist and showing that for some reason you cannot allow a made up term’s definition change to fit the new dynamic for some reason.

    Where did I insult anyone? you are reaching there, I advised the OP of what the term face camping was and why it is no longer possible.

    There is nothing elitist in what I wrote, the actual term was used for a specific act which the community and also the devs reffered too, that act is no longer possible.

    It is why when any post referencing face camping comes around people will always advise what the definition actually meant.

    The community definition of flapping your arms on the hook always meant the killer is near, what does it mean now?

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343604#Comment_343604

    I hate to break it to you, but i’ve Never seen or heard the term hard camping since I’ve been playing.

    I think the community may have taken face camping and adjusted it without your consent.

    That's because you're too new and keep trying to frame this as elitism to make us look like the bad guys.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343594#Comment_343594

    Where did I insult anyone? you are reaching there, I advised the OP of what the term face camping was and why it is no longer possible.

    There is nothing elitist in what I wrote, the actual term was used for a specific act which the community and also the devs reffered too, that act is no longer possible.

    It is why when any post referencing face camping comes around people will always advise what the definition actually meant.

    The community definition of flapping your arms on the hook always meant the killer is near, what does it mean now?

    You're not insulting anyone nor doing anything wrong, but if he can frame us as elitists, which is a term with a negative connotation, then anything we say is automatically seen in a bad light. It's like the "poisoning the well" fallacy meets plain old lying.

  • Why does every topic on this forum turns into arguing about irrelevant things?

  • @Eveline said:

    Why does every topic on this forum turns into arguing about irrelevant things?

    Pineapple does not go on pizza.

  • Who the ######### cares about some made-up definitions? I'm still going to call a killer that sits in front of a survivors face as face-camping.

    Fite me scrub.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    Who the ######### cares about some made-up definitions? I'm still going to call a killer that sits in front of a survivors face as face-camping.

    Fite me scrub.

    Basically.

    Telling players they can’t use a term that someone else made up for what is essentially the same thing is just presumptuous and elitist.

    Face camping is whatever a person says it is because it’s a made up term for a game style.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343623#Comment_343623

    Basically.

    Telling players they can’t use a term that someone else made up for what is essentially the same thing is just presumptuous and elitist.

    Face camping is whatever a person says it is because it’s a made up term for a game style.

    You can apply the same logic to any term in any language. Words have definition by consensus, and the consensus is that face camping is an exploit that was removed a while ago.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343626#Comment_343626

    You can apply the same logic to any term in any language. Words have definition by consensus, and the consensus is that face camping is an exploit that was removed a while ago.

    I’d like to see the consensus. Because so far at least three people in this thread disagree with you.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343628#Comment_343628

    I’d like to see the consensus. Because so far at least three people in this thread disagree with you.

    And all the veterans agree with him.

    Your point ?


    Also @Orion


    "Not doing so is how we end up with people who don't remember that survivors were the first side to become overwhelmingly toxic, until killers had had enough and responded in kind, thus leading to the false conclusion that both sides are equally to blame."


    So true, sadly.


    Pretty sure that a good bunch of them conviniently forgot, of course.

  • @NathanExplosion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343634#Comment_343634

    And all the veterans agree with him.

    Your point ?

    Also @Orion

    "Not doing so is how we end up with people who don't remember that survivors were the first side to become overwhelmingly toxic, until killers had had enough and responded in kind, thus leading to the false conclusion that both sides are equally to blame."

    So true, sadly.

    Pretty sure that a good bunch of them conviniently forgot, of course.

    Again, I’d like to see the consensus.

  • Are you asking me to link you this game's numerous forums history ?

    1487201456-kermit-observe.png


  • @Eveline said:

    Why does every topic on this forum turns into arguing about irrelevant things?

    It is happening in every single forum but yeah this is no exception.

    Everybody and their mother understands what people mean by facecamping but people run to threads to inform people what 'facecamping' is. Please notice that every single forum user know what you meant by facecamping and they know the exact scenario. They know that the killer just stood in front of you and started to look at your face without even turning around. It is as if the word or the phrase perfectly describes the exact scenario. They know with what intention you used the word, the word's meaning is so clear that they didn't even ask you what happened.

    I just gave up. I don't even argue with people about such things. I advise you to give up too, an unwinnable battle this is. Anybody who wants to @ this message, I accept it doesn't exist bla bla. I don't have time to argue really.

    Just put your opinion out there and wait people to see and read it. Arguing with people doesn't make any kind of difference. It is such a huge waste of time.

  • @Delfador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343615#Comment_343615

    It is happening in every single forum but yeah this is no exception.

    Everybody and their mother understands what people mean by facecamping but people run to threads to inform people what 'facecamping' is. Please notice that every single forum user know what you meant by facecamping and they know the exact scenario. They know that the killer just stood in front of you and started to look at your face without even turning around. It is as if the word or the phrase perfectly describes the exact scenario. They know with what intention you used the word, the word's meaning is so clear that they didn't even ask you what happened.

    I just gave up. I don't even argue with people about such things. I advise you to give up too, an unwinnable battle this is. Anybody who wants to @ this message, I accept it doesn't exist bla bla. I don't have time to argue really.

    Just put your opinion out there and wait people to see and read it. Arguing with people doesn't make any kind of difference. It is such a huge waste of time.

    Here's the thing, though: some time ago, facecamping came back. There was an exploit that allowed some killers to go into the hooked survivors, thus disabling the "unhook" prompt. Of course, claims of this nature were ignored in the beginning because many people were using "facecamping" incorrectly, so it took longer to get the devs' attention, and longer still to be fixed.

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/343623#Comment_343623

    Basically.

    Telling players they can’t use a term that someone else made up for what is essentially the same thing is just presumptuous and elitist.

    Face camping is whatever a person says it is because it’s a made up term for a game style.

    No one is saying it cant be used, we are simply advising the original definition for its use as to not confuse the meaning.

    You may call an act whatever you like but any definition can be so broad that sometimes its better to advise and try to keep some coherence rather than have everyone use different terms for same thing, its why a lot of gaming communities have set phrases for certain things, if everyone sings from the same sheet it makes it a lot easier.