Devs why haven't you removed seeing auras when your inside a locker I've played a few games

With object of obsession and I was able to track the killer to avoid them easily this should not be happening as you said you was removing that ability from the game

Comments

  • Its a killer issue, so it will need more time to adress than survivor issues.
    Its been like that since the beginning of DBD and it will always stay the same.

    If were lucky, then the chapter patch will fix it, but I doubt that tbh

  • I’m sure it’ll be fixed soon, especially with the rework coming to Decisive Strike and the Obession mechanic. 
  • @Chaotic_Riddle said:
    I’m sure it’ll be fixed soon, especially with the rework coming to Decisive Strike and the Obession mechanic. 

    Yeah Soon TM

  • do people actually have a problem with survivors wasting their time in lockers?
  • @artist said:
    do people actually have a problem with survivors wasting their time in lockers?

    No, they have a problem with an exploit that provides wallhacks. Did you even read the OP?

  • Orion said:

    @artist said:
    do people actually have a problem with survivors wasting their time in lockers?

    No, they have a problem with an exploit that provides wallhacks. Did you even read the OP?

    wallhacks in exchange for wasting time doing nothing? maybe its just me but I'd be fine with that
  • @artist said:
    Orion said:

    @artist said:

    do people actually have a problem with survivors wasting their time in lockers?

    No, they have a problem with an exploit that provides wallhacks. Did you even read the OP?

    wallhacks in exchange for wasting time doing nothing? maybe its just me but I'd be fine with that

    They feed that information to the rest of the swf, so it's not exactly doing nothing.

  • darktrix said:

    @artist said:
    Orion said:

    @artist said:

    do people actually have a problem with survivors wasting their time in lockers?

    No, they have a problem with an exploit that provides wallhacks. Did you even read the OP?

    wallhacks in exchange for wasting time doing nothing? maybe its just me but I'd be fine with that

    They feed that information to the rest of the swf, so it's not exactly doing nothing.

    ok real talk if its a swf they already have multiple eyes on you. at what point in the game does not 1 survivor know where you're at. I guess I can see it being argued for pig but even then someone will see u and call out that you're crouched and everyone will be cautious. not to mention there aren't a lot of main location callouts in this game so pinpointing you with object will be difficult
  • E X P L O I T B O I S

  • Thanks for the report.
    What I can see from our bug database is that it has been fixed for the next update. We just tested our internal build and it's not reproducible on it. Keep us posted if it still happens after the next update goes live.

  • @not_Queen said:
    Thanks for the report.
    What I can see from our bug database is that it has been fixed for the next update. We just tested our internal build and it's not reproducible on it. Keep us posted if it still happens after the next update goes live.

    Will we have a stream today? I miss you guys :cry:

  • @not_Queen said:
    Thanks for the report.
    What I can see from our bug database is that it has been fixed for the next update. We just tested our internal build and it's not reproducible on it. Keep us posted if it still happens after the next update goes live.

    The sad part is when the change was announced Behav10r was told precisely how it would be exploited. I don't understand the policy of having the information ahead of it clearly laid out and ignoring it only to have to fix it later.

    I remember on a stream one of the devs, Mathieu I believe, saying if it becomes a problem we will handle it. I mean did anyone seriously believe it wouldn't be exploited? You do it with 4 people you have three great games and sacrifice 1 for the group rotating through the team.

    Here is one laid out for you well ahead of time. If you put a totem counter in the game, every game all of the totems will be destroyed. Not some of the time, not occasionally, but all of the time. It's a clear reminder to all of the survivors go kill off the hexes for an ez win. It removes any confusion from the circumstances which a killer is reliant on. It turns solo queues into efficient adhoc SWF members for 2-3 man groups. It turns 4 solo queues into a 4 man SWF. Particularly considering you want empathy as a base kit.

    Do you understand what Depip squad does with no VOIP and simply understanding and playing to maximum efficiency? You are considering adding UI elements that make doing so easy. One of your moderators, Peanits, watched the same stream where one of the best players in your community threw the game versus them because he knew there was no way to win. He feigned it not mattering because they are not there to have fun.

    Newsflash, no one is here to have fun in that sense. It is a competitive asymmetrical game and fun comes in the form of embarrassing and destroying your opponent for 99% of the player base.

    Now is it necessary to watch this unfold for a few months first? Do we need to witness the kill average drop from every killer facing a SWF every match before we spend months deciding on how to somehow boost the baseline of killers to compete? Do we realize how limiting that is going to be to future perk creation when whatever perk you release has to be completely immune to VOIP or a "please insert brain here UI element"?

    Either you guys simply don't care or you need to hire someone who can pose these questions to you when you sit around discussing what to add next.

  • @not_Queen we'll keep you posted on any issues we have. Also you said there was a fix in the next update. When will that be?😀 
    Shush everybody.
  • None of my swf group uses this perk, but I also don't see what the big deal is. 
  • @malloymk said:
    None of my swf group uses this perk, but I also don't see what the big deal is. 

    "Wallhacks aren't a problem".

  • I mean, there is no compass, so besides he's be the shack or main building (if there is one) what real hints are going to be exchanged? 

    He's in the corn by that farm implement. No not that one, maybe the other one. No he not there anymore. He's by one of those fenced in areas. I can deal with that if they basically want to go 3v1.
  • malloymk said:
    I mean, there is no compass, so besides he's be the shack or main building (if there is one) what real hints are going to be exchanged? 

    "He's in the corn by that farm implement. No not that one, maybe the other one. No he not there anymore. He's by one of those fenced in areas."

    I can deal with that if they basically want to go 3v1.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    @not_Queen said:
    Thanks for the report.
    What I can see from our bug database is that it has been fixed for the next update. We just tested our internal build and it's not reproducible on it. Keep us posted if it still happens after the next update goes live.

    The sad part is when the change was announced Behav10r was told precisely how it would be exploited. I don't understand the policy of having the information ahead of it clearly laid out and ignoring it only to have to fix it later.

    I remember on a stream one of the devs, Mathieu I believe, saying if it becomes a problem we will handle it. I mean did anyone seriously believe it wouldn't be exploited? You do it with 4 people you have three great games and sacrifice 1 for the group rotating through the team.

    Here is one laid out for you well ahead of time. If you put a totem counter in the game, every game all of the totems will be destroyed. Not some of the time, not occasionally, but all of the time. It's a clear reminder to all of the survivors go kill off the hexes for an ez win. It removes any confusion from the circumstances which a killer is reliant on. It turns solo queues into efficient adhoc SWF members for 2-3 man groups. It turns 4 solo queues into a 4 man SWF. Particularly considering you want empathy as a base kit.

    Do you understand what Depip squad does with no VOIP and simply understanding and playing to maximum efficiency? You are considering adding UI elements that make doing so easy. One of your moderators, Peanits, watched the same stream where one of the best players in your community threw the game versus them because he knew there was no way to win. He feigned it not mattering because they are not there to have fun.

    Newsflash, no one is here to have fun in that sense. It is a competitive asymmetrical game and fun comes in the form of embarrassing and destroying your opponent for 99% of the player base.

    Now is it necessary to watch this unfold for a few months first? Do we need to witness the kill average drop from every killer facing a SWF every match before we spend months deciding on how to somehow boost the baseline of killers to compete? Do we realize how limiting that is going to be to future perk creation when whatever perk you release has to be completely immune to VOIP or a "please insert brain here UI element"?

    Either you guys simply don't care or you need to hire someone who can pose these questions to you when you sit around discussing what to add next.

    The whole point behind doing that is BECAUSE it makes solos like an ad-hoc SWF group.

    This then allows you to buff Killers so that they can handle a SWF group without screwing over solos (since they would be buffed too with changes like these).

    From the PoV of SWF no additional information or power is added thus the optimal survivor will be exactly as effective, however if we then give the Killers buffs while making it plausible for Solos to play optimally we can make it so that optimal play is equally strong for both sides.


    Basically lets say a team of solos is a 1.

    A team of SWF is a 4.

    Right now Killers are a 2. So they have a big advantage against solo's but a HUGE disadvantage against SWF.

    If we make Killers a 4 then SWF is balanced but then suddenly Solos are #########

    If we make Killers a 1 then Solos are balanced but Killers are ######### against SWF

    Thus in order to balance the game we first must make Solos as strong as SWF somehow. Totem UI's are one way to do that.


    Basically take any info that SWF would communicate to everyone 95% of the time "I just cleansed a totem, I'm doing gens, Gah I'm being chased!" ect ect ect and give it to solo's. And then buff Killers to have the power to deal with that level of coordination and you will make the game MUCH more balanced

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/340501#Comment_340501

    The whole point behind doing that is BECAUSE it makes solos like an ad-hoc SWF group.

    This then allows you to buff Killers so that they can handle a SWF group without screwing over solos (since they would be buffed too with changes like these).

    From the PoV of SWF no additional information or power is added thus the optimal survivor will be exactly as effective, however if we then give the Killers buffs while making it plausible for Solos to play optimally we can make it so that optimal play is equally strong for both sides.

    Basically lets say a team of solos is a 1.

    A team of SWF is a 4.

    Right now Killers are a 2. So they have a big advantage against solo's but a HUGE disadvantage against SWF.

    If we make Killers a 4 then SWF is balanced but then suddenly Solos are #########

    If we make Killers a 1 then Solos are balanced but Killers are ######### against SWF

    Thus in order to balance the game we first must make Solos as strong as SWF somehow. Totem UI's are one way to do that.

    Basically take any info that SWF would communicate to everyone 95% of the time "I just cleansed a totem, I'm doing gens, Gah I'm being chased!" ect ect ect and give it to solo's. And then buff Killers to have the power to deal with that level of coordination and you will make the game MUCH more balanced

    That's all rhetoric man. They have no intention of buffing killers to challenge SWF. There is not a single precedent we can point to that says "Yep, here is where they did that". What it is, is making changes for SWF that complain about non SWF being weaker members. If it were sincere they would boost killers to deal with a 4 man SWF. Frankly, this whole solo SWF argument is a façade anyway. A 4 man SWF is 4 solo players on VOIP. There isn't a buff in the world they are going to offer than beats instant communication. Making every player that efficient is only going to have your killer population decline. Nothing more. The buffs will come giving out free intel to the already overpowered setup but solos will still die and it will be declared as unnecessary to buff killers accordingly leaving them with stronger SWF teams and now what little surprises they could bring further reduced into linear, easy to beat, schemes.

  • Compass or not, just as solo you can position yourself at easily identifiable locations and track the killer from there. Once you add in team communication you can literally pinpoint the direction the Killer is moving at all times and how the team should coordinate around the map. As example; let's say I'm posted in a corner of the map. I've relayed my location to the team, I can now tell them he's moving East coming towards me Center map or now he's heading west. I can pretty effectively warn them to move before they even hear the terror radius coming.

  • @not_Queen said:

    Thanks for the report.
    What I can see from our bug database is that it has been fixed for the next update. We just tested our internal build and it's not reproducible on it. Keep us posted if it still happens after the next update goes live.

    I had this when I was playing solo so I am not sure weather or not it activates in swf or just for solo players if it's solo then that makes sense but if it's usable in swf it can break things if 2 members run it and pair up in teams to be a lookout

  • @artist said:

    Orion said:

    @artist said:
    do people actually have a problem with survivors wasting their time in lockers?

    No, they have a problem with an exploit that provides wallhacks. Did you even read the OP?

    wallhacks in exchange for wasting time doing nothing? maybe its just me but I'd be fine with that

    So yuo are telling me that it would be fine for a killer to wallhacks, but he is not allowed to mvoe while his hack works?


    Ok then.....

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/340196#Comment_340196

    So yuo are telling me that it would be fine for a killer to wallhacks, but he is not allowed to mvoe while his hack works?

    Ok then.....

    The only killers that have wall hack add-ons are doc hag and Michel (though michales at least punishes you for it) and only 3perks work as well hacks bbq nurses and deer while survivors can hide there aura and read the killers location to juke them I know I did lol