What scares you in DBD?
Very simple. What's the one thing that scares you whenever you load into a match. This question is for both Survivors and Killers, btw. That said, guess I'll start off.
Survivor: A good Doctor, with Ruin.
Let me explain. I mainly go for stealth play and no, I don't use DS. A good Doctor, running Unnerving, Distressing and Ruin makes my heart plummet. Even more so if it's Gideon. It's amazing for the Doctor but bad for me. On any day.
Killer: Losing my Ruin in the first minute.
Normally, I'd pick seeing that someone is the Obsession, but I can stomach it as long as Ruin is up. I see 4 Flashlights? I'm gonna get Franklin's and screw your plans over. Losing Ruin in the first minute? No...
Comments
Killer: I fear no man...But...That thing...
...It scares me.
Spirit with prayer beads on Lery's
Killer: it’s more of just wanting to get a kill, the last thing I like to say at the end of the match is “Entity Displeased” 🤧
As survivor, Trapper.
As killer (specifically Huntress) going to reload and there is a survivor in the locker.
Myers's short terror radius and being catched by the spirit while doing a gennie
Stealth claudettes jumping out of a dark corner and throwing pallets on my head, thats been the biggest jumpscare in DBD
Sincerly , rest of the survivor cast.
Minding my own business as killer, searching for some victims, then WHAM stunned by a pallet by a survivor hiding behind it. Makes me jump every time.
This!
Spirit. That killer scares the ######### out of me. I love her aesthetic. Finally, the music that plays when Freddy gets close. Very, very creepy.
Number 1 is the developers' ideas of what's balanced.
Not even kidding.
Before i "lash out" though, i love how they've made the game way better than before, and dropped memeable statements like infinites requiring skill.
That said, it only takes 1 or a few mistakes for the balance to just shift 100%, which was more than apparent on patch 1.9.2.
I don't like quitting, but after i got my cosmetics from that event, i was out.
This time they recognized it as a bad balance patch, but y'know, what if they don't recognize it?
That's what scares me the most in DbD.
Number 2 is Hillbillies.
Seeing one of my fellow survivors instantly go down less than 30 seconds into the match.
As Killer, for some reason, I tense up in a chase. I'm normally not competitive at all, but when I'm in that chase, I MUST CATCH THAT SURVIVOR.
As Survivor, the unexpected Killer sneaking up on me is about the only thing that scares me. Like that one Amanda who crouched behind me while I was walking from the Exit Gates (I heard her heartbeat), who I noticed when I turned around to check my surroundings. That was the ONLY time I think I'v ever full out screamed from DBD.
Spirit as well, but that's more stressful than anything else.
As survivor: other survivors. I never know if they're gonna sell me out or be helpful.
As killer: nothing.
As survivor: I fear my team mates more than killer
As Killer: None of the survivors have items, they didnt burn toxic offerings and none of them have DS. That usually means they are good enough to handle themselfs and I'm going to have hard game ahead of me.
Also as a killer when survivors jump out of lockers, why, why must you scare me I scare YOU. I also get nervous when I down a survivor near a pallet and worry someone is going to drop a pallet on my head.
The bogeyman himself Mikey Myers.
Pallet Looping
- Being the Rancor obsession
- Leatherface with iron grasp or agitation
-Infinite loading screens
-Matches with 3 or less people
-Legion's boring design +ability
-No reward for reaching new devotion levels
Nothing from the killers in dbd is actually scary
Lag, Peer to peer latency hits, window vaults. Absolutely Frightening.
The long list of Bugs after every new patch.
As killer: it was the moonlight offering. Actually had a Claudette use it on the swamp It was the darkest moonlight that made the map dark while the other use the fog offering to thicken the fog. I was the hag. Couldn't see nothing 😶
Character wise only Michael Myers is legit creepy.
General game wise; bad lag.
As a killer: seeing a full squad join my game