New teaser photo

Followed with "in a time of darkness, some look for a light to follow"
Any thoughts

Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Looks EXACTLY like the galley of that famous old pirate ship.
Crazed monks / Rasputin / Light referring to religion of some sort? Illuminati lol
Didn’t pirates navigate at night by following the light of the moons reflection on Shatners horn?
"Light to follow" = Faith or holiness (way of the light)
Lions on outer layers a reference to Richard the Lionheart?
The central banner has crosses on it = Christian involvement?
Perhaps one of the characters is a religious figure, or crusader?
My guess? I would say the killer would be a Crusader who is so zealous that his hatred of heretics piqued the Entity's interest. Thus the crusader kills because he assumes that the Entity (who would presumably speak to him) is his god when it's actually the Entity.
Then in order for the survivor to know how to fix generators you would have a modern middle-eastern Muslim man who is a historian. This connects back to the religious theme while also making sense on how he knows how to fix generators.
Survivor is 200% going to be a priest or other religious equivalent
Chapter is Cult of Cote. Cote is the Killer and Coop is the survivor!
I’m just gonna throw Spring-Heeled Jack in all of these
Furthest back in time.
Thanks just wanted to clarify it
DEUS VULT INFIDEL
It's a killer that was taken from the oldest time period so far.
No, Spring-Heeled Jack
Gandhi new killer confirmed? Mathieu did reference Civilization a while back.
This teaser, along with the "oldes killer" hint, gives the feel that the new killer might have something to do with Inquisition.
I am expecting some kind of demon as a killer and a nun as the survivor
I hoped for something that is related to Benedict Baker.
It doesn't seem likely though.
I'm thinking it'll be something that looks like a Deacon from Dark Souls 3
Especially since "In times of darkness, people look to follow a light" in other words a religion or cult. Kind of like the Deacons.
Please no. I had enough of those things in DS3.
For me they were easy to kill, irritating when left alive but easy non the less.
Don't get me wrong, they were very easy to kill, but still annoying.
Yeah they were. Damn fireballs.
How do you think I killed them?
ooo idk, how?
Fireballs. I thought that was obvious. My motto is: if fire doesn't kill it, you're doing it wrong.
Oh, I'm a moron XD
don't piss off gandhi or he will nuke your ass
I think its a werewolf if you look the shadow its like a dog head no?
Why a teaser photo which is for nothing but speculate.
We want to see an image of the killer and speculate but only about the ability and perks. Please, is almost March.
It looks like a werewolf in the shadow
Werewolf I would be game for
If it's inquisition themed, I am hoping the killer is Torquemada.
So we could have a djinn on our hands as the killer an the photo we have been giving is the map where the survivor holds it captive as without 'jar' they can't vanquish it and the djinn will bring the darkness down upon these realms ...
Any thoughts.