Has anyone else noticed weird lobbies (rank-wise)?
I'm rank 3 right now and I had one lobby with a rank 18 and another one with a rank 12. Has anyone experienced this and is it because no one's on or a glitch with matchmaking?
I'm rank 3 right now and I had one lobby with a rank 18 and another one with a rank 12. Has anyone experienced this and is it because no one's on or a glitch with matchmaking?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm noticing instant lobbies into red ping at the moment.
Same here. Endless red ping one after another. I triple checked if it was my connection (download on the background or something), and nothing. I tried as Killer and got Survivors non-stop, none of which had less than 400 ms.
And the few matches that I had decent ping on; they were both sides of the spectrum. Rank 15s to Rank 1s (ironically, we got infinite loading screens with every red rank). Something effed up.
Same here, had a match where surv were from rank 18 to 2, and I could tell they weren't SWF based on how they were playing, I was rank 8. Not sure why it's happening, but I haven't had any issues with lag.
Most of mine have been green (expect for one which I dodged), but the ranks have been very varied and don't make sense. Like the killer is the highest (lowest?) and far above everyone else. Went against a rank 18 for goodness sake and the killers have been green regularly.
I wonder if something is going on with the ranks. New bug?
I am seeing this, exactly. Every match I've had today has had usually at minimum 3 very low rank players, and I've been at R1 killer for a while. This isn't fun for anyone.

It doesn't make a huge difference either way, as you can see. But it can't be fun for the newer players. (This was my next match, and they were very clearly in voice comms too)

I would love to know whats what’s going on all of a sudden.
Same. Im rank 1 survivor. Normally I get rank 1-3 killers but atm I get rank 18-15 killers. And I queue solo atm... feels very weird.
Edit: games are very unbalanced. last game was vs a new player with 6 hours playtime and he almost hittet no one the entire game vs rank 1, 5, 4 and 6.
Been seeing the same thing aswell. Had two games with rank 20 killers while being at Rank 1 myself. In addition to that i live in the Midwest US. I should be getting nothing but Canadians and other Americans but instead i an queuing up in high ping lobbies with people from Europe and the Middle east.

Yes, its one of the trolling weeks (hopefully not months) of BHVR, just take a break until they fix it
@Manito You get unskilled players at every rank, but you typically get less of them at the higher ranks and they typically have an idea of what they're doing. I don't take joy in stomping newbies. It makes me feel like a bully.
@EntityDispleased Are you on Console or PC? I've heard the matchmaking was very poor on Console. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
@Master I know they were throwing around the idea of expanding the ranks so that people can encounter more variety, though all the way up to rank 15~20 is a bit much.
That a rank 18 killer can verse three rank 1s queueing with a rank 20 survivor was an intended result already, why would they try to increase that even further?
It's great - haven't had to wait longer than 3 minutes for a game
@Master I thought they were gonna limit the people you can find to colors (all the red ranks or red and purple together) or something like that. I really hope they don't intend to just group everyone together. Newbie ranks are good for new players just starting out on the game.
@EntityDispleased That isn't good.
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you checked your Download Region to make sure it's correct? It can be found through Settings -> Downloads.