Is there a “correct” way to play Legion?

I’ve decided to try to get all of the achievements for this game in the future. But I feel like I’ll have some trouble with playing Legion especially with how many people will DC possibly in a match against them.

Comments

  • A big thing about this game is playing how you like to play so there isn’t really an answer to that question. Though legion doesn’t have as much perk diversity as most other killers, you can still test stuff out to see what works and what doesn’t. I made a post describing how I do well with legion at rank 1, so maybe check that out. 
  • Gamzello said:
    I’ve decided to try to get all of the achievements for this game in the future. But I feel like I’ll have some trouble with playing Legion especially with how many people will DC possibly in a match against them.
    Legion's Achievement is just evil. They expect you to down a survivior by giving them deep wounds, going to someone else, then coming back and downing then with a second Feral Frenzy attack. I'm pretty sure it requires the Frank hell combo and a whole lotta luck.
  • I would say at best legion can only play what the situation allows. For some of the achievements you have to go into the match with creating the conditions as your primary focus. Relying on the random chance isn't very effective cause the intended strategy for legion is so far off from what actually occurs during a normal match.
  • Legion's playstyle is somewhat versatile. The goal is to get as many people as possible into DW, if you hit a Survivor and there is no heartbeat then just hit that Survivor again. After that you need to decide if it's possible to get a normal hit on them or use your FF to down them, whatever is faster given their skill and the surrounding area. And that's basically it.

    A lot of other Killers have a strategy and particular ways to use their power but Legion is simple in most areas and complicated in others. If you aren't doing too well and you can't slow them down enough consider Remember Me because you can slow down the endgame with your FF and that Perk. Also in my opinion besides Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wounds Study, stacked Duration add-ons are the best because it gives you more distance when traveling to Gens or chasing people.

  • I use sloppy butcher and bloodhound. Deep Wound a survivor, look at the ground to end the chase and start the bleedout timer, follow the blood, stalking them until the timer stops or they are close enough to down with a regular attack. It works quite well against experienced survivors.

    Edit: also the addons I usually use are purple or green knife with the stab wound study. This makes the timer shorter and makes them have to stop and heal a lot longer, allowing me extra time to close the distance and shut them down.
  • here is my legion tutorial:
    (you start in the menu)
    click on "play as a killer"
    go to your legion loadout
    go back to the killer selection
    select one of the 13 other pictures
    click on "create a lobby"
    --> profit

  • Why did BHVR have to remove the Lol react? Feelsbadman
  • Why did BHVR have to remove the Lol react? Feelsbadman
    Hey man I just wanna get the throphies that’s it...I barely touch killer lmao
  • Gamzello said:
    Why did BHVR have to remove the Lol react? Feelsbadman
    Hey man I just wanna get the throphies that’s it...I barely touch killer lmao
    Which one? All of them? Honestly, Deranged Pursuit can only be done with the help of some willing survivors. Adept is not so bad, Discordance is pretty damn helpful, the other two perks not so much. Stock up on Frank's Mix Tape and keep trying. Injure a few people, and then pick one and go for the down. Even though smart survivors don't heal against Legion, they're more careful with generators, so you will have a slower game.
  • Gamzello said:
    Why did BHVR have to remove the Lol react? Feelsbadman
    Hey man I just wanna get the throphies that’s it...I barely touch killer lmao
    Which one? All of them? Honestly, Deranged Pursuit can only be done with the help of some willing survivors. Adept is not so bad, Discordance is pretty damn helpful, the other two perks not so much. Stock up on Frank's Mix Tape and keep trying. Injure a few people, and then pick one and go for the down. Even though smart survivors don't heal against Legion, they're more careful with generators, so you will have a slower game.
    Thank you!! I’m gonna try to purchase them in the future with in-game currency. Just wanted to be ready on what to do + use
  • Also @George_Soros I love how you have THAT name with THAT image lmao
  • Honestly, just don't play him. He can't be played "correctly" because he is a killer for people who don't want to be playing a multiplayer game.

  • Gamzello said:
    Why did BHVR have to remove the Lol react? Feelsbadman
    Hey man I just wanna get the throphies that’s it...I barely touch killer lmao
    Which one? All of them? Honestly, Deranged Pursuit can only be done with the help of some willing survivors. Adept is not so bad, Discordance is pretty damn helpful, the other two perks not so much. Stock up on Frank's Mix Tape and keep trying. Injure a few people, and then pick one and go for the down. Even though smart survivors don't heal against Legion, they're more careful with generators, so you will have a slower game.
    Thank you!! I’m gonna try to purchase them in the future with in-game currency. Just wanted to be ready on what to do + use. 
  • Gamzello said:
    Why did BHVR have to remove the Lol react? Feelsbadman
    Hey man I just wanna get the throphies that’s it...I barely touch killer lmao
    Which one? All of them? Honestly, Deranged Pursuit can only be done with the help of some willing survivors. Adept is not so bad, Discordance is pretty damn helpful, the other two perks not so much. Stock up on Frank's Mix Tape and keep trying. Injure a few people, and then pick one and go for the down. Even though smart survivors don't heal against Legion, they're more careful with generators, so you will have a slower game.
    Thank you!! I’m gonna try to purchase them in the future with in-game currency. Just wanted to be ready on what to do + use. 
  • If noone escapes, that way you played was the correct way for that match.

  • Usually you use a "share the pain" playstyle, you hit someone and keep chasing the same guy until you hear a hearbeat during your FF, then you go to that guy if he's close enough, if he's not, you try to end your FF as close as possible to the injured surv and then down them.

    If possible you should use the "speed" of the FF to bodyblock surv and stop them from going into good spots/loops.

    Depending on your addons your playstyle might change abit but overall it's roughly the same everytime, if you face dumb survivors it's also worth it to go for a greedy FF hit to force a palletdrop, especially in the shack.

    That's how i play legion anyway, anyone can feel free to give me tips or tell me what i'm doing wrong.

  • There isn't. You can make it less painful by not usind addons like Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wounds Study. Or those that increase the mending time, but I will still hate playing against you, and I will still block you on MLGA. :D

    1. Pick a strat.
    2. Does it help you win? Yes? Keep doing it. No? Go back to step 1
    3. Profit

    You are trying to win. You are NOT trying to give the survivors a fun game. Do whatever you have to

  • @Chi said:

    There isn't. You can make it less painful by not usind addons like Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wounds Study. Or those that increase the mending time, but I will still hate playing against you, and I will still block you on MLGA. :D

    Blocking someone for using an optimal build. How petty.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/344591#Comment_344591

    Blocking someone for using an optimal build. How petty.

    Optimal build LOL

    I block all Legions, not just the ones using Frank's Mixtape. I will throw in a YIKES in chat at the end of the game though.

  • @Chi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/344630#Comment_344630

    Optimal build LOL

    I block all Legions, not just the ones using Frank's Mixtape. I will throw in a YIKES in chat at the end of the game though.

    Even more petty. Blocking anyone who uses a character 🙄


    That would be like me blocking every claudette I see. Again. Petty.


    To OP, don't worry about people like this. There is nothing you can do to make them happy. Just play the way that works and that is the most fun for you.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    I use sloppy butcher and bloodhound. Deep Wound a survivor, look at the ground to end the chase and start the bleedout timer, follow the blood, stalking them until the timer stops or they are close enough to down with a regular attack. It works quite well against experienced survivors.

    Edit: also the addons I usually use are purple or green knife with the stab wound study. This makes the timer shorter and makes them have to stop and heal a lot longer, allowing me extra time to close the distance and shut them down.

    I guess the Legion mains got you to thank when Behavior decides to rework Deep Wound's timer to be based upon heartbeats instead of chase, eh?

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/335817#Comment_335817

    I guess the Legion mains got you to thank when Behavior decides to rework Deep Wound's timer to be based upon heartbeats instead of chase, eh?

    Honestly I think Legion's problems are deeper than that and that change wouldnt make him "fun" for survivors. The two main complaints I hear about legion are that he forces survivors to hold m1 even more than they already do, and that he is inescapable. I don't think that change would make a dent in that

  • Okay, I have spent a fair bit of time playing Legion recently so I know some good perks and add-ons as well.

    In terms of general add-ons @HatCreature has the right idea. The pin series is a joke and while the rulers seem useful you'll more often than not run out of Frenzy just as you get close enough to strike. So in general stick to extending the duration.

    Next you will need to know a little more about Feral Frenzy. I originally thought it was just a movement ability with a twist, but it is a little more than that. While in Feral Frenzy you can still interact with lockers and generators so you can use that to your advantage. Furthermore the perk "Franklin's Demise" still knocks items out of survivors's hand even in Feral Frenzy. Using this logic I imagine that the perk Sloppy Butcher works in a similar way. Most importantly, from my experience the "Exposed" status effect does not affect the damage from Feral Frenzy. So you can't down people with NOED while in a frenzy.

    One of the main things you need to keep in mind is that most players don't heal when faced with a Legion by default. This let's you properly utilise the power of the Sloppy Thanatophobia combo. The longer healing times combined with the debuff from Thanatophobia is excellent at buying you time. If you choose to stack HEX: Ruin you can slow the game down considerably.


    Finally, for perks in general you should keep an eye out for:

    - Monitor and Abuse

    - Enduring

    - Spirit's Fury

    - Thanatophobia

    - Sloppy Butcher

    - Franklin's Demise

    - NOED

    If you have to prioritize any of the above perks then focus on Thanatophobia #1 Monitor and Abuse #2 and Sloppy Butcher #3

    (As a final note, if you're having a bad day, stacking both knife add-ons and Sloppy Butcher make healing awful as mending is super long and so is normal healing.)

  • ooh i know the answer to this one!!!




    ... Don't play him at all

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/344638#Comment_344638

    Even more petty. Blocking anyone who uses a character 🙄

    That would be like me blocking every claudette I see. Again. Petty.

    To OP, don't worry about people like this. There is nothing you can do to make them happy. Just play the way that works and that is the most fun for you.

    Not really? I just find Legion incredibly boring to play against. I struggle trying my best for my teammates. I would rather avoid that. Especially considering most Legions are toxic anyway. ^^

    If you want to block every Claudette, then go ahead. Not like you can really do that with survivors, but you could try. :p

  • @Chi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/344650#Comment_344650

    Not really? I just find Legion incredibly boring to play against. I struggle trying my best for my teammates. I would rather avoid that. Especially considering most Legions are toxic anyway. ^^

    If you want to block every Claudette, then go ahead. Not like you can really do that with survivors, but you could try. :p

    What about people who play every killer on rotation? Or just have a legion daily?

  • Stolen Notebook, Iridescent Button. Great map pressure and very good addons

    4201F006-8BCA-414A-918E-AA2BEDBF97B5.jpeg


  • @Chi You need to learn to play, not block every Legion.

  • Legion is intended to find multiple survivors all working on a generator, then scatter them so they don't gen-rush, hit each one of the survivors found once with your power so they have to stop what they are doing and bleed, which slows down progression of the survivor objective.

  • @KiraElijah said:

    @Chi You need to learn to play, not block every Legion.

    How do you know whether I know or do not know the game?

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/344911#Comment_344911

    What about people who play every killer on rotation? Or just have a legion daily?

    Sucks for them lol. If Legion is part of your rotation, I don't want to face you.

    Generally can see if someone is just doing a daily or not.