Dedicated Servers=Possible 8v2?
Will it be possible to implement a 8v2 mode with dedicated servers in the future? The devs probably think lots about it but with the potato internet of many ppl 8v2 would probably be a disaster right now
Will it be possible to implement a 8v2 mode with dedicated servers in the future? The devs probably think lots about it but with the potato internet of many ppl 8v2 would probably be a disaster right now
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
A mobile game was able to give their playerbase an 8v2 mode, why not on PC where stuff like this is probably much easier.
If everyone connects to a server though, then perhaps 8v2 is possible?
Considering 1v4 is having issues reaching an agreeable term of balance I would hate (or maybe love?) to see what 2v8 would cause.
Nurse and Billy would be the undisputed Queen and King of the 2v8.
You guys have to remember this game is going to be on switch...
PS4 and Xbox can barely handle 5 people let alone 10. With optimization we'll be lucky to have 30 fps with the standard mode...
There is no way that a switch can handle even the normal DBD gameplay, even console cant handle that.
And since the new mode would only be an addition, nobody would be forced to play 2vs8 on switch/console, just an opportunity
I'm just 1 person, but i wouldn't play such a mode.
A simple reason is that i choose to be Killer cause i can create a victory on my own.
A Survivor can theoretically do that as well, but that's just terribly hard.
A more complicated reason would be that i don't see that mode EVER being balanced when the main game isn't properly balanced.
Though i'm actually quite happy with the differences between then and now.
Except Howling Grounds, ######### that noise.
"Set 'em up, knock 'em down."
I personally would have Trapper (me as Trapper) and literally any one of my friends or family as any other killer. Since I'm mostly thinking of one person who would be willing to join me it'd be a Trapper/Myers(or Billy) duo act.
I’m betting you would see more interesting combos like Pig and Doctor, Freddy and Legion, Wraith and Clown, etc.
forced to go to from Pig.
I'll be bringing my iridescent jaws, and bloody coils.
I just think that the almost guaranteed insta-down hatchets would be better than the maximum movement gang.