If there was no heartbeat would it be balanced?

Comments

  • 25% of the perks in the game would be useless. I think it should definitely be a "Nightmare" game mode that implements this, though
  • Nay, and I say this as someone with considerable hours as a killer. I don't necessarily care about survivors, but they need their chances. Otherwise it's a gg ez game as a killer. Only then, would I agree with a user I shall not name that the game would be a (albeit scarier for survivors) easy killer mode.

  • Sprint burst meta would be back
  • Killer main here.

    No.

  • I feel like you make some of the most outlandish topics to bait people knowing you trolling šŸ˜…
  • Myers with Monitor and Abuse and Dead Rabbit has practically zero heartbeat.

    Surprisingly it doesn't feel particularly OP or cheap.

  • Rex_Huin said:k

    Myers with Monitor and Abuse and Dead Rabbit has practically zero heartbeat.

    Surprisingly it doesn't feel particularly OP or cheap.

    Thats probably because he either is "just m1" or loudly announces his T3.
    Oh and BHvR paid license for the scarejunps lol.

    I think the tinkerer exploit has shown that ni heartbeat might be too strong, like the soundless sirvivors after every sound-update lol.
  • HeroLives said:
    I feel like you make some of the most outlandish topics to bait people knowing you trolling šŸ˜…
    Actually I personally would like to see more killers that have a no heart beat built into their power. For instance, look at Michael Myers.Ā 

    I mean we have insidious but the thing is when you move it goes away.Ā 
  • Definitely not. Same could be said if there were no scratch marks lol

  • @Rex_Huin said:
    Myers with Monitor and Abuse and Dead Rabbit has practically zero heartbeat.

    Surprisingly it doesn't feel particularly OP or cheap.

    Because he is pretty f_cking bad at Tier 1

  • @DexyIV said:
    Definitely not. Same could be said if there were no scratch marks lol

    I was just about to say that. Remove the terror radius, but also remove scratch marks.
    Would be an interesting experiment.

  • HeroLives said:
    I feel like you make some of the most outlandish topics to bait people knowing you trolling šŸ˜…
    I just do what comes to mind. No intention whatsoever.
  • @Pizzaman said:

    @DexyIV said:
    Definitely not. Same could be said if there were no scratch marks lol

    I was just about to say that. Remove the terror radius, but also remove scratch marks.
    Would be an interesting experiment.

    Honestly it would probably be more advantageous for survivors than killers since survivors have 3rd person. It would be so easy to drop a pallet and then sprint behind some cover to UE out of a chase

  • Pizzaman said:

    @DexyIV said:
    Definitely not. Same could be said if there were no scratch marks lol

    I was just about to say that. Remove the terror radius, but also remove scratch marks.
    Would be an interesting experiment.

    And/or remove generator auras. Would be interesting to see how well we fare if we have to memorize and navigate points of interest on a map without it.

    Would probably be horrible. But interesting nonetheless.Ā 
  • No as the game is not being designed for stealth, it has been asked for many times to make stealth more viable and since then the devs have actually added more stealth based killers or anti stealth mechanics.

    Think about your post about the P3 Claudette scenario and how boring it was, do you want that to be in every game?

    Imagine playing as a killer with no scratch marks in the game with the above ;) that would probably need to be done if the TR was removed, it also heavily buffs swf more over solo players as once one sees the killer they all do.
  • @George_Soros said:

    And/or remove generator auras. Would be interesting to see how well we fare if we have to memorize and navigate points of interest on a map without it.

    Would probably be horrible. But interesting nonetheless.Ā 

    That's another interesting idea. But most likely too strong in favour of survivors.
    How about not highlighting the Exit Gates (neither to survivors nor killers?).

  • I kinda want to see a mode that removes ALL UI, aura tracking, heartbeats, scratch marks, audio notifications ect.

    Only keeping skill check UI.Ā 

    Maybe even forcing perkless too.

    Definitely would be somewhat interestingĀ 
  • I think survivors could easily adapt tbh.
    Sure palying solo would be really hard, but as SWF no big deal

  • Pizzaman said:

    @George_Soros said:

    And/or remove generator auras. Would be interesting to see how well we fare if we have to memorize and navigate points of interest on a map without it.

    Would probably be horrible. But interesting nonetheless.Ā 

    That's another interesting idea. But most likely too strong in favour of survivors.
    How about not highlighting the Exit Gates (neither to survivors nor killers?).

    I'd say no exit gates at all.
    :)
  • There needs to be a Mode like this with no Terror Radius , Scratch Marks , All notifications disabled including finished Generator locations , Hex Totems .. that'd be the ultimate Hardcore mode for the most experienced players
  • @NuclearBurrito said:
    I kinda want to see a mode that removes ALL UI, aura tracking, heartbeats, scratch marks, audio notifications ect.

    Only keeping skill check UI.Ā 

    Maybe even forcing perkless too.

    Definitely would be somewhat interestingĀ 

    @Maj33y said:
    There needs to be a Mode like this with no Terror Radius , Scratch Marks , All notifications disabled including finished Generator locations , Hex Totems .. that'd be the ultimate Hardcore mode for the most experienced players

    Hmmm.....

  • @Eveline
    That's a good question. Myers with 0 TR has been a thing for a while and nobody really minds it, save for the odd noob that whines that Michael is hacking. I know that Wraith even when cloaked with no TR still has loud footsteps that give him away. Combine this with crows and other props and it might actually be rather fair.

    I honestly wouldn't mind this. Most killers moan or gasp so you'd have some warning. The only exceptions would have to be Freddy Krueger honestly. His whole power relies on TR so not knowing when he can see your aura would be a bit absurd.

    Also while they are not TRs we should definitely keep the Huntress's humming and Freddy's song. That's just game balance.

  • I would at least like to try it, playing solo I think this would add just the right amount of suspense and omnis presence to a match. No doubt some killers would become more difficult,Ā  but I like a challenge.
  • Not the terror radius but the red light infront of the killer. its dumb and only there to help survivors. It make killers look ridiculous and theres no logical reason to be there.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:
    I kinda want to see a mode that removes ALL UI, aura tracking, heartbeats, scratch marks, audio notifications ect.

    Only keeping skill check UI.Ā 

    Maybe even forcing perkless too.

    Definitely would be somewhat interestingĀ 

    @Maj33y said:
    There needs to be a Mode like this with no Terror Radius , Scratch Marks , All notifications disabled including finished Generator locations , Hex Totems .. that'd be the ultimate Hardcore mode for the most experienced players

    Hmmm.....

    I only read previous comments after I posted mine and that's why the thumbs up IG you and I agree on that ! :D
  • It'd bring back some of the scare factor and give stealth killers a chance to actually be stealthy, but I wouldn't say it'd be balanced.

  • What about pig? I really like playing against stealth killers. Except Wraith.