Dying Light rework pls

So we just got official confirmation, Dying light will be completely useless once the DS rework comes out (not that it is particular good right now)

Please rework dying light, I really hate only having ruin available for gen debuffs, thanks

Comments

  • @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?
  • @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

  • I don't know what to say. It sucks to see a rarely used perk nerfed to beyond useless......but on the other hand boy was this an awful, awful perk that promoted hard camping/tunneling.

    I think a full rework is in order and there are already ideas being floated about.
  • Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    That's ridiculous. That officially makes Dying Light one of the weakest perks in game.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    I don't know what to say. It sucks to see a rarely used perk nerfed to beyond useless......but on the other hand boy was this an awful, awful perk that promoted hard camping/tunneling.

    I think a full rework is in order and there are already ideas being floated about.

    I didnt get that feeling from the Q&A and even if they plan a rework, it will be probably sth we can talk about in 2020......

  • @Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

  • Master said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    I don't know what to say. It sucks to see a rarely used perk nerfed to beyond useless......but on the other hand boy was this an awful, awful perk that promoted hard camping/tunneling.

    I think a full rework is in order and there are already ideas being floated about.

    I didnt get that feeling from the Q&A and even if they plan a rework, it will be probably sth we can talk about in 2020......

    I didnt mean the devs are floating ideas, I meant people on the forums are.

    Given that DS is now an anti-tunnel perk I'm assuming the DL nerf was intentional. Makes sense with all the posts we've had complaining about camping/tunneling.

    Yeah a rework will probably be far off as it was very rare to see this perk being used anyway. 
  • fcc2014 said:

    @Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

    Remember Me is taking almost as hard of a hit as DL. A new obsession means a new person who can ignore Remember Me's debuff.
  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

    Rancor actually benefits from the change since its more likely to have an obession alive in the endgame.
    Dying light is completely useless now, you will actually hurt yourself by picking it.
    OoO is being buffed aswell, you cant tunnel out the obession anymore, another player in the SWF can still have it and activate it by using DS, more stuff that can be abused by voice comms, great.
    Remember me is changed a lil, you are pretty much guaranteed to have max totems, but there will always be the obession that doesnt have the debuff bonus and can easily open the game (probably a nerf yeah)
    STBFL is being nerfed, if you are hit by the DS you are actually forced to ignore him and search for another survivor or you will lose totems, i.e. use time waste.
    Play with your food, debatable..... but same was STBFL I guess

    That myers thing that lets you stalk the obession better got buffed.

    Over all, im very dissapointed with the obession perks interaction.

    I just hope that they keep the current stun timing and dont increase it, right now we have enduring as counter at least.

  • @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    fcc2014 said:

    @Master said:

     @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    

    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    

    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

    Remember Me is taking almost as hard of a hit as DL. A new obsession means a new person who can ignore Remember Me's debuff.

    Not as hard, you are atleast pretty much guaranteed to have max totems, so if you can keep the obession busy, then remember me is actually useful.

    Dying light is just a joke compared to that^^

  • Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:

    @Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

    Rancor actually benefits from the change since its more likely to have an obession alive in the endgame.
    Dying light is completely useless now, you will actually hurt yourself by picking it.
    OoO is being buffed aswell, you cant tunnel out the obession anymore, another player in the SWF can still have it and activate it by using DS, more stuff that can be abused by voice comms, great.
    Remember me is changed a lil, you are pretty much guaranteed to have max totems, but there will always be the obession that doesnt have the debuff bonus and can easily open the game (probably a nerf yeah)
    STBFL is being nerfed, if you are hit by the DS you are actually forced to ignore him and search for another survivor or you will lose totems, i.e. use time waste.
    Play with your food, debatable..... but same was STBFL I guess

    That myers thing that lets you stalk the obession better got buffed.

    Over all, im very dissapointed with the obession perks interaction.

    I just hope that they keep the current stun timing and dont increase it, right now we have enduring as counter at least.

    Actually, I'd say STBFL is getting buffed. If you killed your obsession early and have little to no stacks, you can now earn more.
  • Remember Me could either reset stacks when the obsession switches or lets say you killed the original obsession but now the new one can open the door with no penalty. The dying light one is a mess.

  • @Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:

    @Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

    Rancor actually benefits from the change since its more likely to have an obession alive in the endgame.
    Dying light is completely useless now, you will actually hurt yourself by picking it.
    OoO is being buffed aswell, you cant tunnel out the obession anymore, another player in the SWF can still have it and activate it by using DS, more stuff that can be abused by voice comms, great.
    Remember me is changed a lil, you are pretty much guaranteed to have max totems, but there will always be the obession that doesnt have the debuff bonus and can easily open the game (probably a nerf yeah)
    STBFL is being nerfed, if you are hit by the DS you are actually forced to ignore him and search for another survivor or you will lose totems, i.e. use time waste.
    Play with your food, debatable..... but same was STBFL I guess

    That myers thing that lets you stalk the obession better got buffed.

    Over all, im very dissapointed with the obession perks interaction.

    I just hope that they keep the current stun timing and dont increase it, right now we have enduring as counter at least.

    This is a very interesting summary. New DS really does wreck a lot of stuff.

    Still its only PTB at the moment.... like the hatch change it may not make it through.

  • Its not only dying light that is in need of a rework. The whole obsession status should be undesireable for survivors.
    Like %-penalties on all actions, giving kilkers bloodlust faster, being able to be moried in endgame/after being hooked once.

    Would need rewlrks of all obsession pwrks but the killer perks need it.

    My Proposal
    Dying Light
    -Whenever the obsessed survivor is injured, dying or hooked reduce all survivors action speed by X%
    -Survivors witnessing (line of sight/ proximiy based) the obsessions injury/hooking/death suffer additional Y%penalty (Y < X) for 60 seconds.
    -once the obsession is dead , the remaining survivors suffer a Z% action penalty (Z > X) for 360 seconds.

    X and Z do not stack, if both apply only Z works. Y applies seperately.

  • Rex_Huin said:

    @Master said:

    @fcc2014 said:

    @Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master So Dying Light will lose its debuff if you get hit by another DS? Is this confirmed?

    Yes, notqueen just posted it in the Q&A for DS.
    Basically you have to kill the active obsession to get the debuff, but once you get hit by another DS, the debuff is gone again. Additionally the new obession also gains the altruism buff.

    Dying light will be a killer perk that will actually help the survivors..... its ridiculous

    This DS change is going to be a freaking disaster. So does this mean all the obsession perks(Save the best for Last, Remember Me, Rancor, Play with your food) for killers get wrecked?

    Rancor actually benefits from the change since its more likely to have an obession alive in the endgame.
    Dying light is completely useless now, you will actually hurt yourself by picking it.
    OoO is being buffed aswell, you cant tunnel out the obession anymore, another player in the SWF can still have it and activate it by using DS, more stuff that can be abused by voice comms, great.
    Remember me is changed a lil, you are pretty much guaranteed to have max totems, but there will always be the obession that doesnt have the debuff bonus and can easily open the game (probably a nerf yeah)
    STBFL is being nerfed, if you are hit by the DS you are actually forced to ignore him and search for another survivor or you will lose totems, i.e. use time waste.
    Play with your food, debatable..... but same was STBFL I guess

    That myers thing that lets you stalk the obession better got buffed.

    Over all, im very dissapointed with the obession perks interaction.

    I just hope that they keep the current stun timing and dont increase it, right now we have enduring as counter at least.

    This is a very interesting summary. New DS really does wreck a lot of stuff.

    Still its only PTB at the moment.... like the hatch change it may not make it through.

    No it is definitely gonna make it in , not queen said that they are going live with it in the next big update and even though it's in the PTB it's something they are for sure going to implement 
  • Yee.. A perk barely ever used.. I think I see it maybe once in about 50 matches as survivor... MAYBE.

    So instead off hunting for the obsession in the start, you can hunt a rando and have a chance to turn them into the obsession and kick of dying light.

    You can always kick off dying light, then slug a survivor after being unhooked to kill of the DS timer and prevent the obsession from changing. At that point... You killed one survivor... One hooked... One going for rescue and you got one working on a gen with dying light... So how much time do you think you can waste by slugging the unhooked for a minute?

    I don't know what the big deal is... You have a perk that requires you to camp and tunnel the obsession ,if you are lucky to find them near the start of the match.... To a new perk that allows you to find any survivor, hope they have DS and trigger the dying light earlier... But both are ######### anyways... So what is the problem?

    You just have to manage the obsession changing after you trigger dying light... big deal.

    Dying Light has always been crappy and barely used.. So I don't see it being any different from it is now.

    I'll take this "nerf" as you call it if it means we keep Rancor as it will be now.

  • @TheBean said:
    Yee.. A perk barely ever used.. I think I see it maybe once in about 50 matches as survivor... MAYBE.

    So instead off hunting for the obsession in the start, you can hunt a rando and have a chance to turn them into the obsession and kick of dying light.

    You can always kick off dying light, then slug a survivor after being unhooked to kill of the DS timer and prevent the obsession from changing. At that point... You killed one survivor... One hooked... One going for rescue and you got one working on a gen with dying light... So how much time do you think you can waste by slugging the unhooked for a minute?

    I don't know what the big deal is... You have a perk that requires you to camp and tunnel the obsession ,if you are lucky to find them near the start of the match.... To a new perk that allows you to find any survivor, hope they have DS and trigger the dying light earlier... But both are ######### anyways... So what is the problem?

    You just have to manage the obsession changing after you trigger dying light... big deal.

    Dying Light has always been crappy and barely used.. So I don't see it being any different from it is now.

    I'll take this "nerf" as you call it if it means we keep Rancor as it will be now.

    Indeed, dying ligth has always been crappy and barely used, so I dont understand it why the devs take their hammer and smash it down on the poor perk again. It needed a rework before aswell, but now its as desperate for a rework as freddy.

    The problem is even if you manage to trigger dying light, once you are hit by a DS, all your work is gone and the debuff is gone while the new obession even gets the altruism buff on top of that

  • Yeah I agree. It's probably about time they gave it different requirements.

  • DS's obsession change mechanic shouldn't go through, it is that simple.

    It is complicated and further obsession perks will be affected too much. They are creating an unnecessary problem imo.

  • @Master said:
    The problem is even if you manage to trigger dying light, once you are hit by a DS, all your work is gone and the debuff is gone while the new obession even gets the altruism buff on top of that

    Yee.. but that will come down to managing the DS in the match at that point, which I believe should be possible. We'll have to see how hard that will be to do once it goes live.

  • I for one am kinda pissed about this. I've used Dying Light on weaker killers and have had pretty good results every time. It's earned it's spot as a decent perk and now it's just trash? Really? Every obsession perk is absolutely useless. Are you kidding me? The only good one now that can even be considered is remember me, and that even has it's serious drawbacks now. I really hope they consider doing something about this because this could mean a lot MORE perks are considered trash. This right here is something that could tear the community apart. I appreciate the DS change, but hardly think it was worth making 5 other perks trash tier. I didn't even think DS was needed a change.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:
    I for one am kinda pissed about this. I've used Dying Light on weaker killers and have had pretty good results every time. It's earned it's spot as a decent perk and now it's just trash? Really? Every obsession perk is absolutely useless. Are you kidding me? The only good one now that can even be considered is remember me, and that even has it's serious drawbacks now. I really hope they consider doing something about this because this could mean a lot MORE perks are considered trash. This right here is something that could tear the community apart. I appreciate the DS change, but hardly think it was worth making 5 other perks trash tier. I didn't even think DS was needed a change.

    A DS change was definitely over due.
    I guess we will see some reworks of the other obession perks at some point....

  • @Master said:

    @Captain_Spaulding said:
    I for one am kinda pissed about this. I've used Dying Light on weaker killers and have had pretty good results every time. It's earned it's spot as a decent perk and now it's just trash? Really? Every obsession perk is absolutely useless. Are you kidding me? The only good one now that can even be considered is remember me, and that even has it's serious drawbacks now. I really hope they consider doing something about this because this could mean a lot MORE perks are considered trash. This right here is something that could tear the community apart. I appreciate the DS change, but hardly think it was worth making 5 other perks trash tier. I didn't even think DS was needed a change.

    A DS change was definitely over due.
    I guess we will see some reworks of the other obession perks at some point....

    Still waiting for Freddy rework so I assume it'll be.....2 years?

  • It seems like the other obsession perks took a back seat in favour of trying to change DS, as above they should remove the obsession change and make on of those who run DS the obsession from the start still.

    I don't know why they didn't just make it so you needed hooked at least once and left it as it was.

    The this is more like a DS buff in some respects as with DL, STBFL and PWYF you really don't want the obsession to change, the last two really make you want to ignore the one who just hit you with DS which is a strange change.

    The DS change really only has two slight nerfs over the original, you need hooked and the stun time is shorter, I wonder how and SWF with flashlights can abuse this.

    Positives of the new change, the killer doesn't know you have it, you can't be dribbled, can keep it for end game still, killers won't want to tunnel you (i do wonder if a notification may appear that it's active to the killer after an unhook), can remove dying light, stbfl and pwyf bonuses from the game.

    Positives right now seem to outway the negatives imo.
  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    @Master said:

    @Captain_Spaulding said:
    I for one am kinda pissed about this. I've used Dying Light on weaker killers and have had pretty good results every time. It's earned it's spot as a decent perk and now it's just trash? Really? Every obsession perk is absolutely useless. Are you kidding me? The only good one now that can even be considered is remember me, and that even has it's serious drawbacks now. I really hope they consider doing something about this because this could mean a lot MORE perks are considered trash. This right here is something that could tear the community apart. I appreciate the DS change, but hardly think it was worth making 5 other perks trash tier. I didn't even think DS was needed a change.

    A DS change was definitely over due.
    I guess we will see some reworks of the other obession perks at some point....

    Still waiting for Freddy rework so I assume it'll be.....2 years?

    Dont even mention.....

  • I'm sure They'll rework Freddy at the same exact time as the end game, making something to do with him to stop the end game stuff from happening. Applying more and more band-aids to a dam will only cause it to break and flood out the city. At this point, I'm ######### praying the dam breaks sooner rather than later so they can actually fix the game.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:
    I'm sure They'll rework Freddy at the same exact time as the end game, making something to do with him to stop the end game stuff from happening. Applying more and more band-aids to a dam will only cause it to break and flood out the city. At this point, I'm [BAD WORD] praying the dam breaks sooner rather than later so they can actually fix the game.

    BHVR is an expert in fixign the dam with band-aids...... :smile:
    I am still waiting for the day when the solo-SWF gap rips a big hole into the dam