Why is everyone disconnecting from Legion games?

I understand the basics of the situation. However, I fail to see any ethical justification for the disconnections. People commonly complained that when the Spirit was originally released there was a sharp increase in camping and tunneling for a while. However, despite all of the rampant camping and tunneling, the complaints were reasonable and people still played full games.

Fast forward to the present day and now most Legion players report multiple disconnections in their games, even before they do anything. Why is this? The Spirit's camped and tunneled and everyone was cool with it. How come when four edgy teenagers start camping and tunneling you guys seem to suddenly have an awful connection? Why are people simply refusing to play Legion games at all?

(Because people could easily start up a match, see Legion, get hooked, and suicide on the first hook to buy their allies sometime during the chase [however brief] while also not risking a DC ban and getting a double de-pip.)

Comments

  • Because they refuse to adapt. I only want to dc when killer plays toxic but I never do anyway. Playing against one killer or another is same to me.
  • @Eveline said:
    Because they refuse to adapt. I only want to dc when killer plays toxic but I never do anyway. Playing against one killer or another is same to me.

    Well, I'm glad to see that the community still has some players that actually want to play the game!

  • Because for some people legion is boring to play, to play against or maybe just watching..
    And fun is the base of every game.
  • @Lanis_ said:
    Because for some people legion is boring to play, to play against or maybe just watching..
    And fun is the base of every game.

    I understand full well that we play videogames for fun and that when we stop having fun we bail. However, all of these people that DC from Legion games are doing way more damage than they think they are. Besides, how are you going to experience the fun of beating a Legion if you never stay in a game with one?

  • I don't know why. I tend to consistently avoid getting hit by Feral Frenzy. 8 times out of 10, 2 or more survivors escape.
  • @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    I don't know why. I tend to consistently avoid getting hit by Feral Frenzy. 8 times out of 10, 2 or more survivors escape.

    It's the strangest thing. People constantly complain about camping and tunneling and yet when I compare my match results to matches from when Spirit first came out I got camped and tunneled way more by Spirits then Legion players.

  • Are we seriously surprised that a killer that everyone hated on the PTB, everyone hated when he was released, that is still hated to this day, is hated among the community?

    Let them get banned. If dcs are that common for and against Legion, he might get a rework faster. Win/Win in my book.

  • cause many legion players abuse the deep wound mechanic. those games are just bullshit for survs, not getting any chance to escape.

  • @Eveline said:
    Because they refuse to adapt.

    A mix of this and the frustration that you cannot do anything against a Legion who wanna cheese it.

  • @Mc_Harty said:
    Are we seriously surprised that a killer that everyone hated on the PTB, everyone hated when he was released, that is still hated to this day, is hated among the community?

    Let them get banned. If dcs are that common for and against Legion, he might get a rework faster. Win/Win in my book.

    Honestly, I might actually start looking forward to seeing all of the entitled whiners getting mass banned whenever Cote decides to swing around that hammer of his.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:
    cause many legion players abuse the deep wound mechanic. those games are just bullshit for survs, not getting any chance to escape.

    Well, do you have any suggestions for what they could replace the deep wounds mechanic with? I had thought about perhaps just removing the deep wounds timer and making the feral frenzy attacks standard attacks. I soon realized that such an idea was ridiculous and am eager to hear the communities' suggestions on this issue.

  • @se05239 said:

    @Eveline said:
    Because they refuse to adapt.

    A mix of this and the frustration that you cannot do anything against a Legion who wanna cheese it.

    Is the "cheesing" as bad as folks say it is? I'll be honest, after seeing a video on how the practice works I decided to try and test it for a match. I swapped in Bloodhound and then in-game I just couldn't seem to lose the survivor. By the time the chase was "over," they were so far away that I'd need a Frenzy just to catch up to them again and the Bloodstains were nearly gone. From my perspective, it looks like all of this hysteria is unnecessary for an edgy teen that can run quickly for all of what, 30 seconds?

  • Whoever complains I bet chases last longer against legion than when you play against some other killers. I know it's bad if you are tunneled and bleed out but equip Iron will or just waste killers time a bit while others do gens.
  • @Eveline said:
    Whoever complains I bet chases last longer against legion than when you play against some other killers. I know it's bad if you are tunneled and bleed out but equip Iron will or just waste killers time a bit while others do gens.

    I swear it's almost as if people don't know that Legion can't see scratch marks during Feral Frenzy.

  • @Peasant said:

    @Eveline said:
    Whoever complains I bet chases last longer against legion than when you play against some other killers. I know it's bad if you are tunneled and bleed out but equip Iron will or just waste killers time a bit while others do gens.

    I swear it's almost as if people don't know that Legion can't see scratch marks during Feral Frenzy.

    I've taken full advantage of this in a 1v1 chase situation (he had 3ked and knew where I was). I basically hopped through a window, he frenzied to get through it, and then I pallet stunned him right before he was about to actually hit me canceling frenzy. From there he had only a few seconds of frenzy at a time and I had enough distance for force him to use it at bad times or let me get far enough to lose him.

    I eventually got to the hatch and won that game

  • @Peasant said:

    @se05239 said:

    @Eveline said:
    Because they refuse to adapt.

    A mix of this and the frustration that you cannot do anything against a Legion who wanna cheese it.

    Is the "cheesing" as bad as folks say it is? I'll be honest, after seeing a video on how the practice works I decided to try and test it for a match. I swapped in Bloodhound and then in-game I just couldn't seem to lose the survivor. By the time the chase was "over," they were so far away that I'd need a Frenzy just to catch up to them again and the Bloodstains were nearly gone. From my perspective, it looks like all of this hysteria is unnecessary for an edgy teen that can run quickly for all of what, 30 seconds?

    It's far worse when it's mixed with Frank's Mixtape and Stabwound Study, giving you like 10 seconds or so to mend..

  • @se05239 said:

    @Peasant said:

    @se05239 said:

    @Eveline said:
    Because they refuse to adapt.

    A mix of this and the frustration that you cannot do anything against a Legion who wanna cheese it.

    Is the "cheesing" as bad as folks say it is? I'll be honest, after seeing a video on how the practice works I decided to try and test it for a match. I swapped in Bloodhound and then in-game I just couldn't seem to lose the survivor. By the time the chase was "over," they were so far away that I'd need a Frenzy just to catch up to them again and the Bloodstains were nearly gone. From my perspective, it looks like all of this hysteria is unnecessary for an edgy teen that can run quickly for all of what, 30 seconds?

    It's far worse when it's mixed with Frank's Mixtape and Stabwound Study, giving you like 10 seconds or so to mend..

    Ah, so it's not so much the Bloodhound perk as it is the Add-on combinations? Interesting. I imagine that when the developers say that they'll adjust Legion what they really mean is that they will nerf certain add-ons.

  • @Peasant said:

    @Mc_Harty said:
    Are we seriously surprised that a killer that everyone hated on the PTB, everyone hated when he was released, that is still hated to this day, is hated among the community?

    Let them get banned. If dcs are that common for and against Legion, he might get a rework faster. Win/Win in my book.

    Honestly, I might actually start looking forward to seeing all of the entitled whiners getting mass banned whenever Cote decides to swing around that hammer of his.

    I suspect Behavior would actually be doing them the favor by banning them.

  • @darktrix said:

    @Peasant said:

    @Mc_Harty said:
    Are we seriously surprised that a killer that everyone hated on the PTB, everyone hated when he was released, that is still hated to this day, is hated among the community?

    Let them get banned. If dcs are that common for and against Legion, he might get a rework faster. Win/Win in my book.

    Honestly, I might actually start looking forward to seeing all of the entitled whiners getting mass banned whenever Cote decides to swing around that hammer of his.

    I suspect Behavior would actually be doing them the favor by banning them.

    You, I like you.