2vs8 more killer sided this time
What do you guys think? I have been winning pretty much every game and playing survivor is just rought right now in 2vs8. Killers just seem to roll over not even needing really to guard gens. This wasn't case in iterations before which seemed lean more survivor sided. Just starting to feel too easy on killer. I have won even matches where one of us AFK for couple minutes or with bots. Some is explained with surge of new survivor players but even the good ones seem to lose more often now.
I had long winning streak going for days and finally lost when my teammate got only one hook. I don't know what he was doing but I still managed a draw 4K.



Comments
I'm doing pretty well on both sides.
But yeah killer has been a vibe this time around. I'd probably only play killer if the queues weren't what they were. The hatches cause most of my escapes. Once they appear I get a little lazy. On survivor, I often get said hatches myself. But that's because it's not uncommon for me to be the best player in the match. That's not meant to be a boast. I'm not very good. These other people are just horrible, killers and survivors alike.
Who are the 2v8 people? Where do they come from? Why are they so bad?
Stats page is missing Oni in the individual character for some reason but they are being included in the totals, second most played.
I honestly don't know what's going on. All my killer matches have been with the same duo this time around but we played together in past 2v8s and didn't have near the success we are having in this one. Our worst match outcome is a single 4k and it was our very first match this run. If you count a 5k as a win we are on a 63 game winstreak (we played three more today), which is ridiculous since neither of us are amazing killers in any way.
But its not like I am doing poorly on survivor either and most of these escapes are not hatch escapes. They are primarily matches where the survivors finish the gens and open the gates. So I have no idea what to think and no idea what the hell is going on.
I think it stems from the challenges and the new ritual item. People need their Rift fragments and they'll do what it takes to get them. Searching several chests and doing the ritual while the gens don't get done.
Survivors got buffed by giving all of them items and not just the torchbearer and it's not like Xenomorph is some amazing killer.
The matches I've been in haven't been killer stomps most of the time, I do well enough in my 1-3 survivor 2v8 matches per day I've been playing just to get my dailies done.
It's been brutal for me so far. I don't bother with the Killer side of the mode anymore since my main got binned, but my escape rate is currently sitting at 25% (the lowest it's ever been for me).
I dread playing 2V8 again but I've got to roll up my sleeves and get back into it if I want to unlock those Alien charms. Wish me luck…
I've been escaping more than not as a survivor but it's normally hatch so I guess that doesn't really count.
As a killer I've been struggling at times when I'm playing with my less experienced friends
That's still really good escape rate on survivor. Im probably well below 50% this time I don't often bother to go for hatch. Granted more than before as most matches the killers just stomp our team. While previous iterations my escape rate was probably 60-70%.
I do have that same question now. Before at least the survivors were more decent and did gens. But even this time when they do gens well killers still often win.
I feel like invoking salts have taken the most toll on gen times. The random sable walking to the furthest corner just to do her little ritual for 45 seconds couldve done a gen in that time.
My experience has been same on killer I don't remember losing with my regular duo. We aren't amazing either both playing on xbox. I would guess my killrate is above 80%.
But survivor has been more struggle this time. Most games we don't get to finish gens. So your experience is particularly intetesting. I have there and here few good runs. I think I try to now track my survivor games a bit to get better picture.
I'm doing a bit better this time around as killer but I've also played nothing but Xeno Queenie. I was dooming and glooming about their addition but the Bystander Effect of 2v8 does a lot for Xenomorph
survivor feels the same to me though
Surviver sided as always.
I think its still inherently survivor sided. It's just it's the de facto casual mode so you aren't having 8 efficient survivors playing the game in most matches.
These are the survivor matches still in my match history, only 18 but gates got opened in at least 14 of them and survivor wins in 9 with 3 ties (I am assuming the DCs died). Everyone else I have talked to has mentioned survivor being a bigger struggle and I've seen some low escape rate stats so my experience seems to be an outlier.
8k
0
7k
2
6k
2
5k
2
4k
3
3k
0
2k
1
1k
3
0k
5
Just nerf escapist and think the game mode is fine.
What app do you use to track these stats?
https://stats.deadbydaylight.com/
Official stat tracker, recent match history shows your last 30 matches, overall stats updated daily. Survivor matches where you abandon are ignored as if you DC'd and if you abandon a match as killer it will treat the survivors as escaping even if they were all slugged so take those with a grain of salt depending on how much you used those. No idea what the coming abondon changes will mean for the site.
Thank's yeah my survivor stats would be screwed as I abandon a lot before I die when not bothering to watch killer mori me or waiting to die while slugged. They should really fix that as you could easily manipulate your stats...