A base kit change for totems + A few perk additions?
Killer Change
I think at the beginning of the trial, Hex Totems should be blocked. Maybe 30 seconds, Maybe 60 seconds I don't know what would be balanced. I just think Hex Totems disappear way too fast. I understand that the effects are strong but that is a perk gone in a matter of seconds. Other perks that give totem blocking could be reworking or nerfed but I truly believe it would be a good change. 30 seconds isn't too long, would also give killer that trap a chance to stop the totems form being destroyed even before setting up a few traps.
Repressed Alliance addition
While designing the base kit change for killers, it gave me an awesome perk change for survivor. For the perk Repressed Alliance. I love the rework, I think it is great. I have two new ideas for it, to block Hex Totems and Boon Totems.
Boon Totems
By working on a Generator for 40/35/30 seconds now can also block Boon Totems for 15 seconds. Which stops the killers from kicking it. Goes on a global cooldown for 60 seconds.
Hex Totems
By working on a Generator for 40/35/30 seconds now can also block Hex Totems for 15 seconds. If you do not have time to cleanse the Hex, by blocking the Hex will pause the effects. Blocking Hex : Ruin will cause gens not to regress. By blocking Hex : Devour Hope will stop the perk from gaining stacks. Goes on a global cooldown of 60 seconds.
Global Cooldown : Mean that if more than 1 survivor is using it, the cooldown will effect all survivors. Does not apply to block Generators.
Comments
I understand that the effects are strong but that is a perk gone in a matter of seconds.Its not just the effect though that needs to be taken into consideration, but that survivors might spend a lot of time trying to find the totems. I'm not a huge fan of such huge risk/reward mechanics but they only work when they apply to both sides.
Perks to block totems -
Survivors blocking their boons - 15 seconds doesn't sound like enough as the survivor would need to block it and conceivably start making some distance so they'll want to block early. Additionally, I'm not sure it would be very enjoyable gameplay. You have a survivor just waiting around a totem and if a killer takes the time to go over and they find a blocked totem it would probably just feel pretty pointless.
Survivors blocking hexes - If I was worried about hexes I don't know why I wouldn't just take a faster cleanse. I think it would also create confusion among soloq about what hexes are or are not in play, while SWFs could hypothetically ignore cleansing entirely by just timing their hex blocking for when it matters.
I think totem blocking takes a clear working/cleansed mechanic and adds a possibility that just muddles things.