Do You Use DbD Reddit, Discord or Steam Forums?

When this forum shuts down next month will you be over there or on Twitter or elsewhere interacting with the community?

I hate all 3 of those platforms, so I know I won't be interacting with the DbD community except for the occasional Youtube comment.

It feels like they're telling me I am too old to play DbD. Maybe I am.

Comments

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    Probably not. It's a shame. I enjoyed sharing my thoughts. I am really…really going to miss seeing everyone names and "Faces" (Profile Pics) on the forums. :(

    Same. These forums were a great place to discuss dbd. Can't get the same vibe elsewhere.

    Shoutout to all those Onryo mains who fought hard to try and stop BHVR from ruining Onryo over the course of 2 reworks, as well as making suggestions for how to balance and fix her. I enjoyed all the discussions we had even if there were disagreements.

  • The steam forums are kind of always a cesspool in popular multiplayer games (or just popular games in general) because a person doesn't need to own the game to just conveniently post. Yes you don't need to own the game on a platform here but you kind of have to go out of the way to register to post so usually you only get people who want to be here posting.

    Discord is not really a setting I would consider good for feedback especially if there's a lot of active chatters. Also don't really want to dedicate a server slot on my account just to post about DBD.

    I personally browse reddit but I use the old layout to look at blender / programming related subreddits. I don't even look at anything else on the site because there's always stupid arguments on the site.

    While I'll live without the forums - I agree with LordGlint. Personally out of all the options the Steam forums seem like the most appealing but this game (and forum) has console players. Although I personally don't use reddit / twitter / discord to discuss balance changes with devs because that seems like it's a good way for things to get lost in translation. A lot of post either get buried insanely quick or if you have an unpopular opinion it gets anonymously downvoted before a discussion has time to take off. As stupid as it sounds it really feels like the best place there will be to discuss updates is with content creators who make dedicated videos for them such as Otzdarva.

    Either way - Good luck to what ever BHVR chooses to do. Very clear what the public opinion is at least for the active users.

  • @Skitten56 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119727#Comment_4119727

    Same. These forums were a great place to discuss dbd. Can't get the same vibe elsewhere.

    Shoutout to all those Onryo mains who fought hard to try and stop BHVR from ruining Onryo over the course of 2 reworks, as well as making suggestions for how to balance and fix her. I enjoyed all the discussions we had even if there were disagreements.

    Me too <3

  • Nope.

    DBD Reddit I think is awful, I left the DBD Discord server the day I joined because of how much of a mess it was, and I only checked Steam Forums for bug fixes and stuff like that.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119740#Comment_4119740

    It's interesting because what I remember from Reddit is that the more responses a comment on a topic gets, the harder it becomes to read. The formatting isn't helpful for hot topics. And Discord would require a lot of catch up reading. The server I'm in only has a small number of active users, yet when I hop on in the morning I sometimes have heaps of discussions to read through. It's time consuming. I just don't understand how those places have been determined to be more conducive to feedback gathering than a forum.

    I sometimes get worked up and make posts in the moment but then the morning after, I've forgotten entirely and never reply back.(I don't check inbox replies)

    here at least I have to live with my regret because my silliness will still be on the front page.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119745#Comment_4119745

    I sometimes get worked up and make posts in the moment but then the morning after, I've forgotten entirely and never reply back.(I don't check inbox replies)

    here at least I have to live with my regret because my silliness will still be on the front page.

    Hey, I dm'd you, but idk if you saw it.

  • I've actually never checked my inbox before(oops, sorry ladies) thank you for the call out!

  • No, because none of those platforms seem tailored to having actual serious discussions, which is why I joined this forum. That's not meant to sound pretentious, I just genuinely don't see how closing down their official forum and relying solely on third-party platforms is a good decision.

  • Hell. No.

    The Steam forums are almost as dead as this place and they're a shadow of the official forums at the best of times. As for Discord, I'm sure the kids love it but I joined up some time last year for a giveaway and the experience made me feel about a 1000 years old.

    https://youtu.be/NChPewIs0js?si=2qWUpLsNhyx-svAt

    ^Genuine footage of me ageing in real time on the DBD Discord server.

    I did try to join reddit, but there's no way I was gonna wait for my account to be 3 months old before I would even be allowed to post in the subreddit. Vestiges of the old web like this forum are where I belong and nowhere else. I just want the Internet to die at this point. I honestly can't wait for it to be overrun by AI bots chatting to each other for eternity.

    I might try to join the Discord again if I remember to follow the link, but once this place is gone, the only place you'll probably find me is the Fog✌️

  • This is the only account I use to discuss DBD. Reddit I check sometimes for news and updates but don't want to make an account on plus the update to gain visibility format makes it more useful for memes and other posts than in depth balance discussion and stuff like that. Definitely can't be bothered with Discord.

    Steam forums are a cesspool, full of trolls and extremely inexperienced or biased players, and is pretty useless for actual serious discussion to be honest, so I don't bother with that place at all.

1 2 ›