Undetectable status effect can stomp solo q, and we need a change.
I see no one really talking about this, so here I go.
I posted this on ptb category since I mention ptb affected perks. And I can't post in feedback and suggestion for some reason.
Stealth and undetectable killers, add ons and perks etc can stomp solo q due to the lack of comms, much less than swf gets. Especially on indoor maps. The new intent system can help, but there's not many great options if I'm honest. Even strong killers can get undetectable, like bubba who can insta down u out of nowhere or any strong killer, made even easier now with the strong insidious buff giving on command undetectable with no cooldown.
Aside from better intent voice lines, I feel we need stronger detection perks for this undetectable shenanigans. U recently changed Premonition in a bad way for this, increasing its already long 30 set cooldown to 60 sec. It acted as the only stealth detection perk and even then it was just a warning. In crucial moments like healing, information becomes key, and with a lack of comms, solo q suffers way more than I think people realise. Undetectable makes it a nightmare for many casual players who aren't necessarily the best at chase.
And we all know spine chill old effects of detection, one of them being just the whispers killer perk but for survivor. (I want that back so bad ) i know old version was pretty much useless b4 this ptb, but it still not working through walls means it's more of a chase perk now, unfortunately.
I feel we either need to update perks to detect undetectable more other than just Premonition, or bring back past versions of perks, like old spine chill with the effects I mentioned, or reduce the cooldown on Premonition to maybe 20 seconds? If the aura is the problem, remove it. The perk's niche for all these years was detecting stealth, so that's what matters. Please don't make Premonition 60 seconds, it only needed a cooldown reduction, it was never changed since dbd released, so this change to it aggravates me. it was fine. Also the increaze in cooldown means newbies will hide and wait out the timer before feeling safe again and doing actions, which we do not need.
Don't want to sound whiny or anything, but killers also have many ways to detect elusive survivors already, (examples being screams, whispers, spies from shadows) so if survivor can have their own ones would be great.
Thanks for reading, I'll end it here as its getting long, hope more attention is brought around to solo q and how undetectable can really affect it, because its no joke. Even if the devs don't see this, the awareness is out there, so I'm happy either way. Good luck fellow solo q! Apologies if any spelling errors
Comments
Ghostie is D tier killer, Skull merchant (who can have perma undectable) is D tier, Wraith is B and quite balanced, Myers I think it's the strongest Stealth killer but he is often put in B and sometimes in A, so I would consider him B, Springtrap is pretty balanced.
Insidious might be too strong so it should probably take 2 seconds to stand for perma undetectable and give 4 seconds of it after starting moving and a 10 seconds cooldown after each use.
Look, they may be considered by many to be in low tiers, but that doesn't affect solo q. People are better/worse against any killer depending on who they are. The problem is the undetectable status effect in general whether it be power add ons whatever. Its always affected solo q way more than swf because of lack of comms, so I just wanted to suggest some options we could have, instead of just going straight into chases with them, because obviously not everyone is the best at chases. And sometimes it's important to not be chased, like healing, death hooks, etc. The game isn't just chase, it's also strategically avoiding danger. Both works if u don't rat, not everyone who hides don't help their team u know. I hate that stereotype ppl use it all the time.
Yeah insidious is strong now and got me thinking of the sheer amount of undetectable options even strong killer can use thru perks etc. Scary.
Thanks for the reply anyway, I'll probably take a while to respond if u reply again, apologies.
give all survivor 2V8's scout perk.
Able to ignore undetectable status and show aura to all survivors, just like a voice chat software can do.
Strong killers like… bubba?
Bubba is consistently ranked one of the worse killers in the roster, and while yes, they can be a bit better with undetectable, they are still nowhere as good as the upper half of the killer roster. Most of the top killers would be straight up throwing by equipping this perk.
I do play more killer than survivor, but I have more than a few hundred hours on survivor as well, and in none of that have any killers been problematic because of undetectable. I will take an undetectable off meta build any day over aura nurse or Henry. Hell undetectable killers are the ones I like to go against the most because I need to actually pay attention to my surroundings, and the few actual jumpscares make my day.
On demand Undetectable with no prerequisite other than standing still - from a free general perk - is really not a good idea. No need to learn how to mind game if you can just be Undetectable at every loop. The "stinger" sound from Insidious now also doesn't play to warn survivors. I was camping a gen behind a wall with Dragon's Grip, that down was far too easy.
This comment is for colossusqw i forgot to quote u
Paying attention to surroundings is impossible on indoor maps, gens mask any kind of sound cue some killers make and some killers are silent with undetectable like wesker, hence why I said some killers are specifically strong with this status effect. gens with sight blockers around them make it so they almost always get a free first hit or force u to loop first pallet that's next to the gen otherwise u get hit. No pallet there then u get hit. And in dangerous situations, with no detection or comms in solo q, they can really affect some players. U play solo q, right?
They may not be problematic to u, probably because ur good at chase, but many survivors especially new ones aren't. Stealth killers thrive on this because they provide no alternative like hiding in time which: is still a valid strategy, u waste killers time searching for u all while killer is not pressuring the others. It has the same effects as being in chase for ur team, so when done right, I don't wanna hear people complaining players do this again, it doesn't mean ur ratting if u do it when the time calls for it. Obviously some people just rat and that's different but not everyone does. Sorry for the rant
I agree that aura builds on killers can be really hard to deal with, I hate them too
Sure jumpscares are thematic of horror and can be a genuine shock, but gameplay wise it can be very game changing and removes ability to evade first, so I'm not a big fan of having close to no counters to it if we choose to. There's counters to everything else in this game. Sorry for making this long btw
Yeah I really hope that perk doesn't make it to live the way it is.