I hate hatch

I just came out of three solo q matches in a row where people were using the sole survivor left behind build and bush camping the entire game. BHVR remove hatch people do not need a free win for losing the team game. For you survivor mains, this would also help since 1. Slugging for the 4k wouldn't exist anymore, and 2. if the game is 'killer' sided you can get more stats to misinterpret. I know I have already made a post similar to this and still don't have a replacement idea but it is the most annoying thing for me as someone who plays both roles, I lose 4ks on killer, for those who will say I care about the 4k all game I don't but it doesn't feel fair to lose a kill to a magic hole that spawned for them sucking unless if they looped well and helped there team where I will give them hatch, and for survior it just promotes self fishness, I also like the changes to down to the last because it depremotes this but still more needs to be done

Sorry if this is incoherent or ranty I am mad right now.

Comments

  • you gotta wonder how much work is hatch doing in elevating the overall survivor escape rate. 5%? 10%? more?

    if they removed hatch they almost certainly would see a significant overall lower escape rate and then be forced to buff survivors in some other way.

  • I mean, what’s the alternative? Should people be forced to stay in a game if they have no chance of winning? Say you kill three survivors at four gens, should the last survivor just sit around doing gens even though he’s clearly lost the game?

  • @wingomali said:

    you gotta wonder how much work is hatch doing in elevating the overall survivor escape rate. 5%? 10%? more?

    if they removed hatch they almost certainly would see a significant overall lower escape rate and then be forced to buff survivors in some other way.

    Hatch isn't counted in the escape rates, the devs have been clear about that multiple times over the years. Hatch is considered null in the system. It exists just to ensure the game ends (ie survivor jumps in, or killer closes and starts endgame countdown) and the only thing it rewards is bloodpoints. It doesn't even increase MMR for the survivor who uses it.

  • @Lethal_premium said:

    I just came out of three solo q matches in a row where people were using the sole survivor left behind build and bush camping the entire game. BHVR remove hatch people do not need a free win for losing the team game. For you survivor mains, this would also help since 1. Slugging for the 4k wouldn't exist anymore, and 2. if the game is 'killer' sided you can get more stats to misinterpret. I know I have already made a post similar to this and still don't have a replacement idea but it is the most annoying thing for me as someone who plays both roles, I lose 4ks on killer, for those who will say I care about the 4k all game I don't but it doesn't feel fair to lose a kill to a magic hole that spawned for them sucking unless if they looped well and helped there team where I will give them hatch, and for survior it just promotes self fishness, I also like the changes to down to the last because it depremotes this but still more needs to be done

    Sorry if this is incoherent or ranty I am mad right now.

    Well they are changing sole survivor so that it's a less selfish perk which is good.

    plus as long as you have hatch offerings/left behind and keys, people will still indulge in that kind of rat behaviour. Irritating as it is, I don't see it often enough to consider it a real problem. And as killer if you particularly want the 4k (usually I'm not fussed but if I have an adept of 4k tome challenge I'll do this) you can just slug for the 4k to prevent hatch spawning, or even bring a hatch offering as killer so you can instantly close it.

    Hatch is kind of necessary. Without it, survivors have basically no reason to stay in losing games. You'd see a lot more DCs or people just giving up and throwing, which would be much worse than the very rare bush camper waiting out hatch.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472534/i-hate-hatch

    Well they are changing sole survivor so that it's a less selfish perk which is good.

    plus as long as you have hatch offerings/left behind and keys, people will still indulge in that kind of rat behaviour. Irritating as it is, I don't see it often enough to consider it a real problem. And as killer if you particularly want the 4k (usually I'm not fussed but if I have an adept of 4k tome challenge I'll do this) you can just slug for the 4k to prevent hatch spawning, or even bring a hatch offering as killer so you can instantly close it.

    Hatch is kind of necessary. Without it, survivors have basically no reason to stay in losing games. You'd see a lot more DCs or people just giving up and throwing, which would be much worse than the very rare bush camper waiting out hatch.

    I agree with keeping hatch in the game to give remaining survivors something to play for in a losing match. The real problem here isn’t the hatch, but the useless teammates who rat for hatch even in matches that aren’t lost yet. If we had an MMR and matchmaking system that wasn’t completely useless, these kinds of players would be relegated to the lowest skill matches (because they’re probably never escaping through the gates) and if you’re a decent survivor player that actually tries, you would never run into these players in your lobbies. Yet another example of how the game’s biggest problems all boil down to the non-functional matchmaking system.

  • My argument to the counterclaim that the survivor needs a chance or shouldn't be stuck in a losing game is this. No one says that they need to I feel like Hatch should be reworked or removed and turned into something else because, as of now, it's just a bad design that rewards low skill.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4119064#Comment_4119064

    I agree with keeping hatch in the game to give remaining survivors something to play for in a losing match. The real problem here isn’t the hatch, but the useless teammates who rat for hatch even in matches that aren’t lost yet. If we had an MMR and matchmaking system that wasn’t completely useless, these kinds of players would be relegated to the lowest skill matches (because they’re probably never escaping through the gates) and if you’re a decent survivor player that actually tries, you would never run into these players in your lobbies. Yet another example of how the game’s biggest problems all boil down to the non-functional matchmaking system.

    Yeah matchmaking is always kack. But tbf I don't see people playing like that very often, it's once in a blue moon so I'm not hugely fussed about it. I see people throwing/giving up more often.

  • I’ve said since 2018 the trap door is absolutely terrible design