"Priority Queue"

But is it though?

1a0b3a2b85b87-screenshotUrl.jpg

Three survivor matches down, 50 minutes in, and I'm still waiting. Normally I play one and wait a couple minutes and I'm in. What's going on with this system?

Comments

  • The main issue of 2v8. Either you change your mindset and start playing casual survivor a LOT or you're gonna stay unhappy with the mode.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    The main issue of 2v8. Either you change your mindset and start playing casual survivor a LOT or you're gonna stay unhappy with the mode.

    I'm not complaining about rhe absurd queue times, which are their own issue, I'm saying the priority feature isn't working. When I do one pwyw survivor match I usually just wait another minute or two and I'm in my killer match. The line gets cut about in half for people who help with the survivor line. That's why it's called "priority". But it's only been working some of the time for me this iteration.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118603#Comment_4118603

    I'm not complaining about rhe absurd queue times, which are their own issue, I'm saying the priority feature isn't working. When I do one pwyw survivor match I usually just wait another minute or two and I'm in my killer match. The line gets cut about in half for people who help with the survivor line. That's why it's called "priority". But it's only been working some of the time for me this iteration.

    Oh same. Priority queue is working as intended. The balance between killers and survivors is so steep, that i regularily play up to three survivor matches for one killer match.

    In short, one played survivor match does not guarantee one killer match, even when your queue timer shows that you should get a match right now.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118603#Comment_4118603

    I'm not complaining about rhe absurd queue times, which are their own issue, I'm saying the priority feature isn't working. When I do one pwyw survivor match I usually just wait another minute or two and I'm in my killer match. The line gets cut about in half for people who help with the survivor line. That's why it's called "priority". But it's only been working some of the time for me this iteration.

    You can't trust the time remaining either, it's very unhelpful. I play survivor while I wait and get back in to a 30+ min queue time, but then match into a game immediately when I get up to use the bathroom or something. At this stage the time remaining isn't even an estimate, it's just vibes.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118751#Comment_4118751

    Oh same. Priority queue is working as intended. The balance between killers and survivors is so steep, that i regularily play up to three survivor matches for one killer match.

    In short, one played survivor match does not guarantee one killer match, even when your queue timer shows that you should get a match right now.

    This wasn't happening to me until just recently. The first days of this 2v8 I played one-and-one with a sliced queue on killer. If I have to play three survivor matches and wait the full 50 minutes then its not priority. It's just regular. If there's no benefit to helping with the queue I might as well just go do something else and wait the queue out.

    @zonkednb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118751#Comment_4118751

    You can't trust the time remaining either, it's very unhelpful. I play survivor while I wait and get back in to a 30+ min queue time, but then match into a game immediately when I get up to use the bathroom or something. At this stage the time remaining isn't even an estimate, it's just vibes.

    The count up has been bugged for me too. It doesn't even work half the time.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118852#Comment_4118852

    This wasn't happening to me until just recently. The first days of this 2v8 I played one-and-one with a sliced queue on killer. If I have to play three survivor matches and wait the full 50 minutes then its not priority. It's just regular. If there's no benefit to helping with the queue I might as well just go do something else and wait the queue out.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118860#Comment_4118860

    The count up has been bugged for me too. It doesn't even work half the time.

    Thats the nature of 2v8. As a killer main either do something else in the time of the queue or simply dont play for three weeks.

  • People said Denuvo denied access to some players.

  • The lobbies are bugged, I got a constant stream of instant 2v8 killer lobbies one after the other. I am still getting it since yesterday. Sometimes I wait 50 mins, but then I get a streak of free matches.

  • @JohnNemesisMan said:

    The lobbies are bugged, I got a constant stream of instant 2v8 killer lobbies one after the other. I am still getting it since yesterday. Sometimes I wait 50 mins, but then I get a streak of free matches.

    I don't think that's a bug. If you look at Dead by Queue periodically one random server will often have no queue for a few minutes. Maybe the servers are briefly booting people and restarting with fresh queues, or maybe they're funneling players to other servers to reduce the load briefly, but something is happening with the servers.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118969#Comment_4118969

    I don't think that's a bug. If you look at Dead by Queue periodically one random server will often have no queue for a few minutes. Maybe the servers are briefly booting people and restarting with fresh queues, or maybe they're funneling players to other servers to reduce the load briefly, but something is happening with the servers.

    It was consistent. I am talking about, 5+ games of barely waiting a minute between them. Before I would get lobbies 5 minutes after, but I am talking about multiple instant 2v8 matches. It was like lobbying for 1v4 when it didn't have a lot of killer activity. If a lobby is freed due someone leaving, the next one should go in its place, which would still cause some wating, but given how fast it was, I don't think that's what's happening.

  • @JohnNemesisMan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118974#Comment_4118974

    It was consistent. I am talking about, 5+ games of barely waiting a minute between them. Before I would get lobbies 5 minutes after, but I am talking about multiple instant 2v8 matches. It was like lobbying for 1v4 when it didn't have a lot of killer activity. If a lobby is freed due someone leaving, the next one should go in its place, which would still cause some wating, but given how fast it was, I don't think that's what's happening.

    The only way I could see that being a bug would be if the majority of other killers are somehow unable to get into lobbies. I feel like there'd be mass complaints if that were happening. But the queues would be instant if they funneled survivors from another server. This is current:

    Screenshot_20260919_161944.jpg

    These servers are nearish to each other and in similar time zones. Japan and China's survivors might be temporarily funneled into Australia. If someone playing in Australia had a bunch of high ping survivors right now then we'd know. But both these sets of numbers are outrageously disproportionate to the normal 40mins.

  • Seems during days you can reliably play 1 survivor match then wait couple minutes to get killer match. But during night the queues grow longer and longer. You have to play 2 to 3 survivor matches. At weekends the ques are even longer I have currently been waiting an hour...

  • @zonkednb said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4118751#Comment_4118751

    You can't trust the time remaining either, it's very unhelpful. I play survivor while I wait and get back in to a 30+ min queue time, but then match into a game immediately when I get up to use the bathroom or something. At this stage the time remaining isn't even an estimate, it's just vibes.

    Yeah the estimates are often wrong if you play one survivor game it throws the estimate usually way off. Even sometimes just staying in que you find the match lot faster and sometimes even slower. It's kinda 50/50 if it's anywhere correct.

  • So after sone testing today I've found out that if you play just one survivor match all it ensures is your place until you queue again. Like I waited 30-40 minutes without playing a survivor game and backed out the timer started completely over. I played one survivor game backed out after ran to the store like 5 10 minutes boom instant match. Definitely not working as previous versions for sure, and probably pointless info but here lol