Whispers could have its haste increase

The new whispers buffs is good, but not good enough for it to to be worth on equipping

I definitely think increasing it by an extra 5 percent might actually make this perk worth running, giving low mobility killers explore around the map faster

Tagged: Perks

Comments

  • yeah i think 10% would be good for helping m1s get in range of people

  • I don't think it does cuz it would just power creep batteries, I think it's already stronger than batteries included.

    Combining them is not the best idea as diminishing returns exist.

  • @SpyUA said:

    I don't think it does cuz it would just power creep batteries, I think it's already stronger than batteries included.

    Combining them is not the best idea as diminishing returns exist.

    I would say batteries is already not great, but it has something over whispers, which is it can be used in chase!
    It may not be always, but those 5% matter a lot more in a chase than outside of one, and whispers is specifically made to never work in chase. It would not be a problem at all to buff whispers haste, since map mobility tools like that are severely lacking.

    There is also a case for making the batteries haste bigger again now that diminishing returns exist, but thats for another PTB.

  • It's out of chase and out of range. As long as it doesn't linger it can easily be 20 % and still be fairly balanced.

  • Here is the mathematical breakdown:

    Travelling 100 meters with a 4.6 m/s killer takes 21.7 seconds.

    Travelling 100 meters with a 5.06 m/s killer (which is 10% haste) takes 19.8 seconds.

    Unless you give it an insane number buff, it really isn't that valuable even with your proposed buff. Please also keep in mind that it will have a very small uptime throughout the match when you account for approaching active generators and leaving survivors on the hook. I doubt that anytime after the first chase you will ever travel 100 meters with full uptime of this perk outside of hatch scenarios.

  • @Mr_Redwood said:

    Here is the mathematical breakdown:

    Travelling 100 meters with a 4.6 m/s killer takes 21.7 seconds.

    Travelling 100 meters with a 5.06 m/s killer (which is 10% haste) takes 19.8 seconds.

    Unless you give it an insane number buff, it really isn't that valuable even with your proposed buff. Please also keep in mind that it will have a very small uptime throughout the match when you account for approaching active generators and leaving survivors on the hook. I doubt that anytime after the first chase you will ever travel 100 meters with full uptime of this perk outside of hatch scenarios.

    That's true. It can be 30 % and still ok because you can't abuse it. Fair point.