Survivors can't even get access to a proper info perk, and this is shameful
Here we go,
The long-awaited day has finally arrived for the perk most dreaded by the killer community—the very one preventing them from getting a 4k every single match and jeopardizing their 200-game win streaks.
Surely, that must be it.
Just like the problem back in the day was DH, DS, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Hope, MfT, Distortion, CoH, Deliverance, Vigil, Fast Track, Iron Will, Spine Chill, Self-Care, StB (nuked in this patch), etc... now, what a coincidence, the issue is suddenly a simple info perk.
That’s definitely why they're losing games, no need to panic.
Are survivors even allowed to exist in this game, or do we have to tax the very air they breathe just because some 15k-hour full-time streamer claimed they lose those three matches a month because of WoO, so action had to be taken? What’s next, limiting survivors to three perks each?
WoO is now borderline useless. Knowing window spawns is essentially pointless since they always spawn in the exact same spots in main buildings and tiles. Replacing it with Five Moves Ahead isn’t the same thing either: the perk goes on an absurdly long cooldown during a chase, has a shorter range, and completely prevents windows aura reading. Long story short, even running both together won’t come close to what it used to be.
You managed to deliver a direct slap in the face to both beginners—who struggle the most with map knowledge—and the entire SoloQ player base, which now has zero visual info on whether resources have been burned.
Bravo on the timing and the execution, truly a masterclass move.
Comments
Man I don't even like the Windows nerf either but this is a lot of nonsense.
The reason it's catching this nerf is most likely because of bad survivors using it and mindlessly running to every pallet and dropping it, which is trivially easy for killers to play around and simply wastes map resources. Five Moves Ahead still provides the pallet benefit while preventing you from using it badly like this.
I always felt like the risk of bad survivors using it improperly was worth the trade-off of the help it provides to new and casual players as well as solo queue players, which is why I don't approve of the nerf they're giving it. But let's be absolutely clear here: the survivors who could end win streaks were absolutely the kinds who use Five Moves Ahead over Windows of Opportunity.
I'm losing my training wheels and I must scream.
I really thought you were talking about Shoulder the burden at first sight LOL
Anyway, the nerf on Windows was an L. The perk didn't need any change. Hope they revert the nerf.
Deserved nerf. I hate that they didn't nerf nowhere to hide more because it's the exact same type of perk design. Free info withou doing much. Only issue I have is rising tunnel meta, otherwise this PTB brought a lot of interesting changes on the field.