4. Ways to change Nurse

A lot of people suggest that removing aura reading on her Nurse's blinks is what Nurse needs to be more balanced. However, while that could perhaps be a good idea, most good Nurse players do not need aura to steamroll lobby after lobby. Here are a few different ways Nurse could be changed to make her more balanced and healthy for the game:

  1. The simplest solution: Increase the recharge time of the second blink from 3s to 5s. This would decrease the amount of times the Nurse has her second blink available, limiting the amount of times she can adjust her positioning for a free hit. This makes it much more critical to land precise one-blink attacks and more punishing for missing the first blink, giving survivors a chance to dodge attacks where she doesn't have the second blink, or giving them extra time for a bit of distance and getting behind LoS blockers before it recharges.
  2. Alternative solution 1: Make Nurse function closer to her Iri Matchbox playstyle, where she moves faster but only has 1 blink.
  3. Alternative solution 2: Make Nurse function similarly to Oni or Myers, where either she must play similarly to an m1 killer until perhaps she gets a hit, then gains 60s of her full power, or perhaps she starts the game with only one blink available and gains her second blink for 45s after a hook.
  4. Alternative solution 3: Make Nurse function similarly to Xeno, where survivors can use some kind of item to counter the Nurse's power for a limited time.
Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I think all of these could work. I also think it's great that you pointed out that blindness does nothing really to counter the fact she has two blinks and can just reposition if she misses. I don't think the first option would do enough really besides making it slightly longer for her to win.

  • @esarraf said:

    I think all of these could work. I also think it's great that you pointed out that blindness does nothing really to counter the fact she has two blinks and can just reposition if she misses. I don't think the first option would do enough really besides making it slightly longer for her to win.

    I think that in and of itself would be something. If Nurse takes even a bit longer to get almost every down, it gives a decent bit more time for survivors to heal and do gens. I think she would still be A+ rank, maybe still low S rank, but it's the simplest way to change her that the devs could do pretty easily and quickly.

    Saying that, I think the other changes might be more effective at putting her in an actually balanced position though, even if they take more dev time.

  • Nurse is close to being fairly balanced imo, while all of your solutions have serious issues. 1st one makes her too vulnerable to holding W, 2nd one makes her very uninteresting to play and verse, 3rd gives her a completely new identity, 4th one I mean look at Xeno's pick rate and kill rate and tell me it's a good solution.

    Imo Nurse needs:

    A reduction in range for her second blink from 12m to 10m to restrict her from "safe blinking" and to force her to actually engage in more 50/50s +Blinding status effect whenever she charges her blinks. I don't think i need to explain why

    If this doesn't tone her down enough, set blink recovery time at 3.5s per token and make stunning her result in her losing all of her tokens.

  • @TheMruczek said:

    Nurse is close to being fairly balanced imo, while all of your solutions have serious issues. 1st one makes her too vulnerable to holding W, 2nd one makes her very uninteresting to play and verse, 3rd gives her a completely new identity, 4th one I mean look at Xeno's pick rate and kill rate and tell me it's a good solution.

    Imo Nurse needs:

    A reduction in range for her second blink from 12m to 10m to restrict her from "safe blinking" and to force her to actually engage in more 50/50s +Blinding status effect whenever she charges her blinks. I don't think i need to explain why

    If this doesn't tone her down enough, set blink recovery time at 3.5s per token and make stunning her result in her losing all of her tokens.

    Making her second blink a bit shorter range would not do anything in the situations where Nurse is at her most powerful. Her ability to get within 5m of you with one blink and do an instant blink to cover another 3m and confirm the hit is nuts and unavoidable. Also, as I said in the original post, Blinding effect when she's charging her blinks would not affect her maximum potential because a good Nurse player does not rely on aura reading.

    If anything, setting her blink recovery time to 3.5s flat would make her more vulnerable to W keying because she gets the majority of her distance from her first blink, not her second. When trying to cross long distances or catch up with a far away survivor, Nurses only use their first blink because it is faster and more efficient that way. Stunning losing her tokens would be a good change though.