There should be some form of MMR in 2v8

It is not fair to me, nor my teammates - that are contributing to the objectives - to be put w/ individuals that DO NOT do the objectives at all.

For context - I tried 3 games of 2v8 (as survivor) and in each game, there were 2-3 survivors who stood around the whole map and did jack crap. With one game - there was 4 survivors who were emoting on each other next to a generator - and did nothing the whole game.

How is it fair that I am paired w/ ppl who do nothing at all - while I try to do as many gens as possible (or) have the killer waste time chasing me. I had a 4 minute chase w/ an oni about 10 mins ago (from the time of posting this) and not A SINGLE SURVIVOR touched a generator at any point. This is horrendous!

On the reverse end - as killer I have had both excellent and terrible teammates - so I should be paired with other individuals that perform roughly on the same level as myself.

Comments

  • It 2v8 and this gamemode always bring a heaps of players

  • With killer queue times like this (approximately) I understand why there is no MMR consideration, though I understand your frustration. They need to throw survivors into lobbies as fast as possible to keep the killer queues as low as possible and this is still what we're looking at.

    image.png
  • I'm pretty sure that's why it's survivor-sided. The players are so bad and they can very well go up against a 10k hour duo. There's just too long of a wait for proper matchmaking tho.

  • Like even if it says 43 minutes in Germany I noticed that if the timer was like under 10 minutes you can just wait for few minutes and get to a match right away as solo queuing. Don't know if its because the other killer left the lobby but seemed to work for me as did not see the point to play another survivor match when it stated under ten minutes and I never waited the full ten minutes.

  • They could try adding MMR to 1V4, too. If it barely works in the regular queue, I don't see why anyone should expect it to work for a mode that needs twice as many players. What you're asking for just isn't possible.

    2V8 is basically the SoloQ experience on steroids. You have to go into it focusing on your own fun and just expecting to die in every game. You've got to embrace the chaos and leave your competitive side at the door. I've played about 10 games so far and only got 2 hatch escapes and 1 gate escape. I don't care what anyone says, it's not a Survivor-sided mode in my experience (maybe on paper, but definitely not in practice).