Denovuo anti cheat trial
how long will this trial take place? I really don’t want their crappy software on my pc at all and need to know when it will be safe again to play dbd without installing that useless anti cheat.
For those that don’t know denovuo is worse than eac in every way fathomable and i can’t believe bhvr is even trialing them.
Last time i had their anti cheat on my pc i had to completely reinstall windows to resolve issues it directly caused and do not wish to go through that again.
Comments
Given the nature of the trial we are not disclosing the exact length of it.
I'm sorry that you do not think this is a useful test in any way.
to be honest, these tests should’e been done on epic and windows store, that is where 90% of the cheaters come from. I don’t think all the trials are useless just the denovou one.
Dbd needs better anticheat, this is just not a good replacement.
I'm sorry but what @MashedBroccoli have said, cheater origin is mainly epic games and windows store, it is common knowledge if you go to the "unnamed" so called "unlocker" tools and bypass discord servers that offer such services and most of the time even for free!
Like i am assuming mandy you will ignore my take here but i am not lying and i wish i was because it is absurd how easy it is to hack in the game, the focus should be other launchers too..
I am very upset with the decision of the anti cheat system heading as it should be an more active and present at all times not just at certain times upon booting the game.
I am also going to remind you that during that unlawful ban wave from a while ago got banned due to being in a family share with my partner who got us banned due to connecting her nintendo switch account via cross progression sync and nintendo given her a full refund due to it happening, there is so much proof about it, we got our accounts ban after a whole month of waiting, radio silence and volume ticket bot replies stating "too many tickets" bla bla bla..
So let me get some things straight, i personally did not input my money in this game i bought ghostface dlc, she is the one who bought everything and keep buying, so the fact HER account banned her due to connecting her own nintendo stuff is wild..
That is a PR nightmare if i ever seen one if she decided to do a lawsuit which i would have helped her make if she asked me to.
Like I wrote in my own thread, Dbd needs server-side anti-cheat. It's the ONLY way to prevent cheaters from using the tools they have. Make the server the authority on most things and make it hide information the client doesn't need and 90% of your problems are gone.
I even made a post about how feasible it is and why it's superior to any client-side "solution":
Ridiculous.
I deeply appreciate BHVR's effort and desire to try and tackle the cheating problem in this game, but this is not it. Server side checks for things like impossible movement speeds would be much more effective. Forcing players to install an intrusive software like Denuvo just to play dbd for a trial that is only on steam feels wrong. I'm not against anti-cheat software for DBD and it helping remove cheaters but not Denuvo.
Most of the cheaters are on Epic Games and have extra throw away accounts, as such this is where the trial really should be tested. Now myself and many others are going to be left waiting not able to play the game or participate in quests in order to level the rift. If you are willing to disclose when you are going to start the trial, why not tell us when it ends. Even if you don't want to say in advance, please at least drop a message on socials like reddit and stuff when it will be okay for us to update and play the game again.
I refuse to use Denuvo on my computer after everything I've heard about them. So knowing when I will be able to play the game again would be really nice. It is frustrating that cheaters playing on Epic will be just fine, meanwhile I have to avoid the game over this for an unspecified amount of time.
There are cheaters on steam as well.
We need server sided checks, thats the only way to prevent cheating.
Its like open doors currently where anyone can walk in.