How does everybody feel about "The Judgement"

So far I've had some issues going against the judgment where they'd just sit in the middle of the map and not even chase. Yes those beams are very avoidable but they use revealing perks and snipe us from the middle of the map without even giving chase and it's in avoidable other than moving out of its way.

Comments

  • Sorry for my spelling errors

  • @deception said:

    So far I've had some issues going against the judgment where they'd just sit in the middle of the map and not even chase. Yes those beams are very avoidable but they use revealing perks and snipe us from the middle of the map without even giving chase and it's in avoidable other than moving out of its way.

    What do you mean by "unavoidable other than moving away"? You just described how to counter that. Just take 2 steps to the left or right and keep your camera focused on her.

    The only viable gen slowdown build on her is the Thrill of the Hunt + Ruin build, but that is
    a) mostly an issue with Thrill making Totems very safe and
    b) extremely punishable, given if she does not chase she only has a shot every 6-7 seconds. Judgements can not really run most perks, as chase perks are not viable on her and any perk that requires hooks can not be taken without making your beam worse.

    image.png

    Found this neat list on X and I agree mostly with it. In reality, Judgement has a very limited set of perks that are actually synergizing with her kit AND aura sniping is extremely fun, so naturally people gravitate towards that. Judgement has essentially no gen regression and relies on pressure to stop survivors from doing all gens in 5 minutes.

  • The only thing that puzzles me is why, when a Survivor is exiled, you can only interact with the certain statues that are near the area where they were exiled, where the Killer is likely hanging around. I watched a streamer yesterday, and when they were freed from the exile, the Killer was literally right next to them. Talk about panic. But just...why?

  • @deception said:

    So far I've had some issues going against the judgment where they'd just sit in the middle of the map and not even chase. Yes those beams are very avoidable but they use revealing perks and snipe us from the middle of the map without even giving chase and it's in avoidable other than moving out of its way.

    Yeah that particular playstyle is annoying but very limited, I don't think it will stick around as people get better at her, every game I have played of a judgement just standing somewhere slinging beams across the map ends up with a 3 or 4 out… so yeah its uninteractive but also bad… When people are playing her well I think she is very interactive though and I think in a week or so you'll see more people actually trying to play the game as opposed to just beam slinging.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    The only thing that puzzles me is why, when a Survivor is exiled, you can only interact with the certain statues that are near the area where they were exiled, where the Killer is likely hanging around. I watched a streamer yesterday, and when they were freed from the exile, the Killer was literally right next to them. Talk about panic. But just...why?

    that is kinda how hooks work too

  • @deception said:

    So far I've had some issues going against the judgment where they'd just sit in the middle of the map and not even chase. Yes those beams are very avoidable but they use revealing perks and snipe us from the middle of the map without even giving chase and it's in avoidable other than moving out of its way.

    This is how I play Judgment. Just pick a point near my totem and blast people. I won't leave the totem until I down someone. No point engaging, interacting, chasing or looping on an M1 with that long of a cooldown on their M2 to M1. I either 4k or 0k with no inbetween.

  • At least on the hook, you can kinda keep an eye on where the Killer is going and plan which way to run when you get unhooked. That's not the case with exile. IMO, it should be more like the 2v8 cages.

  • still figuring things out but they are definitely an intense killer you gotta lock in to play/face.

  • Except for the fact that with Hooks you have more than just the Basekit Endurance. If you appear next to her after getting rescued from the Exile, you are the easiest Target: Not more than 10 seconds of Endurance and no Perks which activate after being unhooked.

  • @MiseryandCompany said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471661/how-does-everybody-feel-about-the-judgement

    What do you mean by "unavoidable other than moving away"? You just described how to counter that. Just take 2 steps to the left or right and keep your camera focused on her.

    The only viable gen slowdown build on her is the Thrill of the Hunt + Ruin build, but that is
    a) mostly an issue with Thrill making Totems very safe and
    b) extremely punishable, given if she does not chase she only has a shot every 6-7 seconds. Judgements can not really run most perks, as chase perks are not viable on her and any perk that requires hooks can not be taken without making your beam worse.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UR3QHZUP5ELB/image.png

    Found this neat list on X and I agree mostly with it. In reality, Judgement has a very limited set of perks that are actually synergizing with her kit AND aura sniping is extremely fun, so naturally people gravitate towards that. Judgement has essentially no gen regression and relies on pressure to stop survivors from doing all gens in 5 minutes.

    Very strongly disagree with this tier list. Gen kick perks are absolutely fine on Judgement like currently I'm using Eruption/Lay Waste on Judgement and it both eviscerates gens you need to keep for your 3 gen and Judgement is one of the few killers that can actually make use of Eruption's aura reading. Discordance and Surveillance are also very good and I actually don't think m1 perks are unusable on her like sometimes you do just m1 cuz trying to hit the beam in a dead zone is a waste of time. I think all in on aura is kinda meme and is only working rn because people are still learning to go against them and people are going to need to work on creative solutions once that happens.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4112239#Comment_4112239

    Except for the fact that with Hooks you have more than just the Basekit Endurance. If you appear next to her after getting rescued from the Exile, you are the easiest Target: Not more than 10 seconds of Endurance and no Perks which activate after being unhooked.

    honestly I don't think it'd be a big deal if you could rescue from any shrine.

  • I noticed that she has a consistent scenario where, if one or two survivors are injured and get hit by the beam together, the match becomes unrecoverable at that point. But it's always the survivors fault, either because they weren't paying attention or didn't react in time. She isn't oppressive in my opinion, though. She's very much like Artist but stronger.