How long until mmr evens out?

I knew it was going to be bad but i just got matched against a trapper with 5 minutes playtime. Next few days are going to be rough.

Comments

  • The new system already collected Data before it was in place, so it is not likely that this was due to the Matchmaking or it needing time to even out (or to me more precise: It should not happen like that). This is either a case of backfilling or some serious MMR-issue which goes far beyond it just not evened out yet.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The new system already collected Data before it was in place, so it is not likely that this was due to the Matchmaking or it needing time to even out (or to me more precise: It should not happen like that). This is either a case of backfilling or some serious MMR-issue which goes far beyond it just not evened out yet.

    Yeah that seems a big issue. I thought brand new players were supposed to have protected mmr for the first however many games.

    We messaged that player afterwards and it was literally their first ever dbd game. No way it shuld been against us.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111656#Comment_4111656

    Yeah that seems a big issue. I thought brand new players were supposed to have protected mmr for the first however many games.

    We messaged that player afterwards and it was literally their first ever dbd game. No way it shuld been against us.

    If it was even their first ever game (which is likely with 5 minutes of playtime), then something went seriously wrong there. And IMO this is more of an indicator of a serious issue and if it was backfilling, then backfilling needs to remove brand new player from the Pool.

    Especially because the MMR was not able to gather any data from this player before, when they did not play beforehand.

  • Maybe because there is serious shortage of survivor players, right now on eu up to 10-15 minutes wait time for a game.

    So my theory that a killer served whatever available to them, regardless if good match or not

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111668#Comment_4111668

    If it was even their first ever game (which is likely with 5 minutes of playtime), then something went seriously wrong there. And IMO this is more of an indicator of a serious issue and if it was backfilling, then backfilling needs to remove brand new player from the Pool.

    Especially because the MMR was not able to gather any data from this player before, when they did not play beforehand.

    It wasn't even backfilling. Nobody lobby dodged that one.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Oputeev_Stas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111671#Comment_4111671

    exactly we can thank the devs for nerfing endurance and other survivor perks like Vigil and Deli, even I stopped playing when I heard the news, plus Judgement is not even fun to play as or against…

    I think the endurance nerf was needed from excessive body blocking. but haste and elusive should be upped to 15-20 seconds imo. Also what about Judgment isn't fun to play as and against? I've heard this from many people and am pretty curious as I find dodging the power and using it to require a bit of skill and prediction, just wanna see your perspective.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Oputeev_Stas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111691#Comment_4111691

    same boring power as Vecna, I didn't come to a casino or a shooter like pubg to endlessly strafe, endurance nerf is a mistake lol you act like every person bodyblocks killer and even if they bodyblock most of just play fast killers so not an issue to chase them after, they can punish bodyblocks by removing haste from that survivor but that's it plus how game detect that it was a bodyblock sometimes killers can hit them by mistake again

    I was basing it off of my personal experience, typically when someone unhooks in front me the unhooked survivor will body block take chase then attempt to force DS.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The new system already collected Data before it was in place, so it is not likely that this was due to the Matchmaking or it needing time to even out (or to me more precise: It should not happen like that). This is either a case of backfilling or some serious MMR-issue which goes far beyond it just not evened out yet.

    I thought it would be preadjusted too but my games yesterday said otherwise. Either something is off with this system or it decided I belong in baby MMR because my session last night looked like this:

    1a03c40a2d556-screenshotUrl.jpg 1a03c40e82c22-screenshotUrl.jpg 1a03c41646291-screenshotUrl.jpg 1a03c410dc134-screenshotUrl.jpg

    It's not uncommon for me to get like 2 hooks on Trickster's with Henry so this one was surreal. 88% KR for the night. Would have been higher but a few people got hatch. I had two people use Weaving Spiders, and three use No Mither, including this nonesense:

    1a03eaa846684-screenshotUrl.jpg

    For comparsion, my last session I got stomped and had a 58% KR.

    Like spreading hooks didn't even matter:

    1a03e95855a61-screenshotUrl.jpg

    This was soloq and this killer had 30 hours:

    1a03bb1928175-screenshotUrl.jpg

    It's only one session so I'll see how it goes again tonight but compared to the sweatfests I'm used to it was super weird. Like weirdest session I've had in months, maybe longer. It felt like event matchmaking.

  • @Oputeev_Stas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111691#Comment_4111691

    same boring power as Vecna, I didn't come to a casino or a shooter like pubg to endlessly strafe, endurance nerf is a mistake lol you act like every person bodyblocks killer and even if they bodyblock most of just play fast killers so not an issue to chase them after, they can punish bodyblocks by removing haste from that survivor but that's it plus how game detect that it was a bodyblock sometimes killers can hit them by mistake again

    you think so? I was extremely worried about Judgement because her kit designed screamed of horrible to me, i was surprised not many people were talking about how obscene it is to design a killer to be at their strongest when sniping people they aren't even directly interacting with but… so far I have seen them about 10 times and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought… I HATE Vecna (The First) though, unbelievably unfun experience but Judgement has been cool… maybe thats just because people haven't figured out how to play them decently across the board but at the very least theres some cool survivor end stuff going on with The Judgement where Vecna is just get hit through the wall while an insanely loud clock ticks.. Vecna has no reason to have the map traversal either, he's already a stronger huntress…

  • It will take a number of matches to recalculate where players MMR should be, probably over the course of the next few days but there still might be some random matches after that as players newly log in to the game etc.