Dear survivors

A DOUBLE DOWN RIGHT AS THE MATCH BEGIN SERVES NO ######### PURPOSE! LET YOUR FRIEND GO DOWN FOR 20S AND UNHOOK THEM AFTER!

I'm making this message bc I kid you not more than half my matches start this way.

Tagged: Survivors

Comments

  • Unhooking instantly is the only reason hard tunneling at 5 gens is possible, there's plenty of time, 70 second person hook stage (so it's best to unhoook after at least 30-50 seconds) and the chase time at least of 30 seconds (with endurance it's should last 30 seconds by just holding W, this is thinking of low A tier killers and B tier killers and even with strong A tier the survivor should be able to last at least 20 seconds) twice as there's 2 hook stages, at least 2 gens should be done by that time and it's without considering anti-tunnel perks.

  • @SpyUA said:

    Unhooking instantly is the only reason hard tunneling at 5 gens is possible, there's plenty of time, 70 second person hook stage (so it's best to unhoook after at least 30-50 seconds) and the chase time at least of 30 seconds (with endurance it's should last 30 seconds by just holding W, this is thinking of low A tier killers and B tier killers and even with strong A tier the survivor should be able to last at least 20 seconds) twice as there's 2 hook stages, at least 2 gens should be done by that time and it's without considering anti-tunnel perks.

    Very true, its also why kindred is the best solo queue perk. Everyone should run it

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    A DOUBLE DOWN RIGHT AS THE MATCH BEGIN SERVES NO ######### PURPOSE! LET YOUR FRIEND GO DOWN FOR 20S AND UNHOOK THEM AFTER!

    I'm making this message bc I kid you not more than half my matches start this way.

    I think a decent bit of people who are doing this are "playing the game" to a point where you can't report them for griefing but are trying to go next as it puts them right on hook most of the time as they usually "take a hit, unhook, get downed"

  • 100%. This happens to me often as well and it’s because there are so many in solo queue who still don’t know the basics of how to play survivor.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    100%. This happens to me often as well and it’s because there are so many in solo queue who still don’t know the basics of how to play survivor.

    I'm the solo queuer…so no it is 100% duos and trios refusing to let their friend go down…which results in a double down like 99% of the time

  • Thought this was a rage post then read it and realized they were right.

  • Here's another PSA to survivors.

    When in the 1v2 and I'm on hook HIDE AND LOOK FOR HATCH. The amount of times they will unhook me is just baffling.

  • Many Survivors don't play like it's a ranked tournament. They are just trying to have fun.

    Shocking!

  • @GroovieAshes said:

    Many Survivors don't play like it's a ranked tournament. They are just trying to have fun.

    Shocking!

    I don't understand how sabotaging the game within the first 30s is fun ? If you want to save your friend then do what is necessary even a trade is better than a double down and arguably it's just as bad. Like I am all for using weird builds and atypical strats I'm not a "comp" player but double down at 5 gen is literally selling the game right as we start. I played this game for over 2000 hours now and I can tell you recovering from that is extremely hard and doesn't happen reliably. Again, let your friend go down and wait for the right moment to save them if altruism is what you like. But doing a trade or double down literally lose use the match.

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111222#Comment_4111222

    I don't understand how sabotaging the game within the first 30s is fun ? If you want to save your friend then do what is necessary even a trade is better than a double down and arguably it's just as bad. Like I am all for using weird builds and atypical strats I'm not a "comp" player but double down at 5 gen is literally selling the game right as we start. I played this game for over 2000 hours now and I can tell you recovering from that is extremely hard and doesn't happen reliably. Again, let your friend go down and wait for the right moment to save them if altruism is what you like. But doing a trade or double down literally lose use the match.

    He's saying the sentiment for people who typically want to play survivor initially is that its a cool scary game where you have to survive the killer, if they are newer and its not for some other reason (Trading hooks so they can quit) its probably because they're thinking "Man I should probably save that guy he's just hanging there" I think a much more solid and mandatory tutorial would benefit a lot of people in this case, though I really do miss casual DBD