Is Knotted Rope still getting a Rework?

Was scrolling through the add ons and remembered knotted rope exists.
Are they still planning on reworking it?

For those who don’t know it was 40% faster M1 recovery after hitting someone grabbed by snug on the PTB. Then nerfed to 10% for her live release, and then nerfed further to 2% where it still remains, and was promised to get a rework soon TM.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    Was scrolling through the add ons and remembered knotted rope exists.
    Are they still planning on reworking it?

    For those who don’t know it was 40% faster M1 recovery after hitting someone grabbed by snug on the PTB. Then nerfed to 10% for her live release, and then nerfed further to 2% where it still remains, and was promised to get a rework soon TM.

    The devs later on had mentioned that the 2% is sufficient enough for a bonus. That they will not be adjusting it.


    As a Houndmaster main - I personally disagree, which is why recently I did a addon on pass for her (Just addons) on the feedback side.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471434/is-knotted-rope-still-getting-a-rework

    The devs later on had mentioned that the 2% is sufficient enough for a bonus. That they will not be adjusting it.


    As a Houndmaster main - I personally disagree, which is why recently I did a addon on pass for her (Just addons) on the feedback side.

    that is incredibly unfortunate….
    Whelp hope they reconsider someday.

  • I hope so. Houndmaster really just needs an update and addon pass in general

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471434/is-knotted-rope-still-getting-a-rework

    The devs later on had mentioned that the 2% is sufficient enough for a bonus. That they will not be adjusting it.


    As a Houndmaster main - I personally disagree, which is why recently I did a addon on pass for her (Just addons) on the feedback side.

    It's still such a funny statement in retrospect. When the change was initially made, BHVR noted the 40%→2% was an intentional decision to kill the perks viability so they could safely revisit the addon later. They openly communicated the uselessness of the current effect of Knotted Rope.

    Then? Suddenly it was viable and working as intended. If I'm not mistaken, the current stbfl increase isn't even within human range of perception compared to base.

    Like wow. They genuinely think we're stupid.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471434/is-knotted-rope-still-getting-a-rework

    The devs later on had mentioned that the 2% is sufficient enough for a bonus. That they will not be adjusting it.


    As a Houndmaster main - I personally disagree, which is why recently I did a addon on pass for her (Just addons) on the feedback side.

    The weapon wipe animation is 2.7 seconds. 2% is 0.054 seconds. I wanna know it what world the devs think saving 0.054 seconds is worth anything. Do they think we can't do math? But then again I suppose that sounds better than them just admitting they don't really feel like reworking the add on.

  • @ArkInk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4110874#Comment_4110874

    It's still such a funny statement in retrospect. When the change was initially made, BHVR noted the 40%→2% was an intentional decision to kill the perks viability so they could safely revisit the addon later. They openly communicated the uselessness of the current effect of Knotted Rope.

    Then? Suddenly it was viable and working as intended. If I'm not mistaken, the current lunge increase isn't even within human range of perception compared to base.

    Like wow. They genuinely think we're stupid.

    It's not lunge increase but M1 hit cooldown similar to STBFL.

    But yeah, their explanation back then on Reddit is … something.

    Schermafbeelding 2026-08-25 080845.png
  • @MarbleThrone said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111056#Comment_4111056

    It's not lunge increase but M1 hit cooldown similar to STBFL.

    But yeah, their explanation back then on Reddit is … something.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XZ5K3VEDFKCC/schermafbeelding-2026-08-25-080845.png

    Yeah it’s terrible..

  • I think I mixed up the effect with All Shaking Thunder cause they released at the same time. My mistake (bit embarrassed ngl)

    I get so disheartened playing Houndmaster. She's one of the most fun killers in recentish memory, but it's just so frustrating to deal with the jank of selecting gens with the search mechanic followed by Snugs outright ignoring you 15% of the time.

    The fact such a clearly useless addon is left untouched, with BHVR changing their stance to something clearly untrue to cope not doing anything about it, is pretty much the cherry on top.

    annnnnnd I forgot to quote. Guess something about Knotted Rope really throws me off my game.